Which class has always been competive in pvp?

90 Undead Mage
Hi, as a long time mage whos played wow since vanilla, i've finally decided to get into serious healing. One of the main reasons i chose to play the mage was because of its mechanics, not numbers. I always found frost to have the tools to stay competitve in pvp. (Before the WE, or shatter, and all our newer goodies)

Ive tried leveling all the healers to 85 except the monk and a priest. I feel all of them can be competitive, but i'd thought to ask some veteran pvp healers which class seems to have been a good healer, due to their class mechanics not unbalanced buffs, throughout the seasons.

I'd have to say that i tend to favor classes that have more control than just number output. From my perspective thus far it seems that druids and shaman have been consistently decent. however, i would like to hear some thoughts from the community.

Thx in advance.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
B4 MoP I would have said Hpal. Hpal was seen as the easiest way to get glad title for so many season its just ridicuous.

But well usualy they are a safe bet even back in their dark days TSG could save them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Pallies are generally strong, and not as affected by group comp as most classes. Shaman have always had great utility and "saves". Right now, MW monks are probably the strongest healing class in PvP, but without any sort of history, it is hard to say how they will be in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yea, pallies were always there. I used to follow zilea in his tsg days, but a zerg comp seems not to be my style. I can see the defensive and mitigation properties of pallies. Ther control and susceptability to CC are my turn offs.

Pallies have to run up close to use thier blinding light, right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Want consistency? Rdruids are nearly always the "other guy" in pvp healing. 2nd place means you don't get nerfed!
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
Just don't repeat MaceWarriorRDruid because that's bad news bears.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yea, pallies were always there. I used to follow zilea in his tsg days, but a zerg comp seems not to be my style. I can see the defensive and mitigation properties of pallies. Ther control and susceptability to CC are my turn offs.

Pallies have to run up close to use thier blinding light, right?

Don't play rush-down comps. You get this impulse to wash your hands over and over and over and over.....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yea, i agree with the comment that rdruid are usually flosting around as like the 2nd and 3rd best healer. Man rdruid rsham or disc, lol they all seem pretty damn good!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Love pvping on my druid :) In randoms, rbgs, and arenas I have very little issue (unless I get locked down by cc :P). Plus lots of cc of your own especially with symbiosis :D I've also done some pvp on my priest and really enjoy them, both disc and holy are really strong right now regardless of gear.

My shaman is only 80 so can't really comment :P I recently leveled a monk to 90 and even in crap gear it takes a long time for her die >D Pallies always seem be strong in pvp.

Really comes down to what you think you'll enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Thanks for the comments everyone, but i have to say it hasnt become any easier to choose. I mightnhave to play them all at 90 now, ugh...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah choosing can be hard! Based on the ones you have played already, what did you enjoy about each one and what did you dislike?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Druid likes: cyclone, great escapes, mobility, roots, stealth
Dislike: vulnerability to fear, ramp up time to get healing rolling

Shaman likes: hex, grounding, tremor, interrupts, very good against casters, and decent against melee, bursty healibg
Dislike: doesnt seem too mobile, aoe heal isnt that far reaching

Pally likes: the rediculous amount of emergeny defenses and heals. Bursty healing, stuns, very easy to manage mana, mobile, tankish, can go sort of offensive, easiest healing imo
Dislike: needs to charge in to do blinding light, aoe healing is not as wide spread, vulnerable to fear,

Im starting to towards a drood, but the shamn is not that far off
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Druids have been good since BC, but they were the absolute hands down worst in Cata. Priest has always been highly represented in arena, I hate mine in bgs though, frost dks would just train me, melee train is hard to counter for them. Shamans have been good, although I hear a tad lacking behind others this xpac, same for pallys. Monks seem fun, especially with transcendence for bg fc
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Paladin are pretty weak right now so I wouldn't choose them. I would suggest priest or druid. Absolutely love my druid, but I've been messing with my priest. Both priest specs are a lot of fun. You either absorb everything or you heal to full without casting (like a druid). Both are really enjoyable in PvP imo. Though since you only have a druid at 85, I'd go with that. :)
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Paladin
You should really specify the branch of pvp as well as your style of play. For instance, no one talks about how fun holy priests are in bgs/rbgs since most conversations gravitate towards 3v3 arena.
Reply Quote
You can't really go wrong with a druid, especially for RBGs. Plenty of instant casts, lots of mobility and escapes, CYCLONE. Did I mention cyclone?

Resto shamans tend to do well with the FotM comp are wizard teams, but like this season where it's all huntards and ferals then they don't do so well, they go down easily when trained.

I'd say it's a tossup between resto druids and disc priests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]