PRISM

86 Draenei Shaman
The U.S. government is watching you, listening to you, and taking money from you.

Do you agree or disagree with PRISM? Is it too invasive on Americans privacy? Do you feel the American people fear their government?
Please explain your answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't know, but I still can't believe they haven't changed this yet: http://www.centurylink.com/prismtv/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I'm the only one around here that gives the essay questions, missy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The U.S. government is watching you, listening to you, and taking money from you.

Do you agree or disagree with PRISM? Is it too invasive on Americans privacy? Do you feel the American people fear their government?
Please explain your answer.

Why is this an issue now and not when George Dubya initiated it? George Bush did so much to destroy American freedoms while he was in office, and Obama just kept the ball rolling. Politics in America is a farce. As long people making voting decisions on things like religious views, it will remain so. Both sides are basically identical now except in where they stand on things like abortion and gun control.
Reply Quote
I think people are too content, that its getting to a point where the majority of the nation is shown things like this and rather than !@#$ing raging they just say "oh well its probably not going to effect me!" It sucks that we live in a nation that will so mindlessly support soldiers going to free the %^-* out of whatever nations we see fit and yet we learn on a near daily basis just how "free" we are.

I'd have to agree with Quest, and take it a step farther and say that the next president will more likely than not just keep the ball rolling with these policies, I mean look at the "change" we got from Obama, don't get me wrong I voted for the guy the first time around so I can't say much, but I sure as !@#$ didn't want this. Until we move away from a system where crotchety old bastards whine about abortions and keeping Christ in Christmas we're at a stalemate.
Edited by Rydaar on 7/6/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There is this cool thing called the Bill of Rights.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
makes me glad I live in Canada. having only 2 political parties sucks. we have 4-5 serious players. a much better system imo
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
07/08/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Cooler
makes me glad I live in Canada.

Hate to break it to you, but Canada, along with half a dozen other western governments are all part of the PRISM intel gathering system. The US intel machine has been deeply intertwined into other governments for decades. It's one big secret sharing network.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There is this cool thing called the Bill of Rights.

Hahaha. Pardon me but have you been paying attention the past dozen or so years? Yes it exists, but is it honored?

makes me glad I live in Canada. having only 2 political parties sucks. we have 4-5 serious players. a much better system imo

It's part of what is destroying us. Of course you can vote for a 3rd party - if they happen to be on the ballot where you are at. But when media controls a portion of the government and won't invite ALL the candidates to the Presidential debate, most of the nation doesn't even realize they are there. They just sit back and watch the stupid political commercials and say...oooo, he's bad! I'm voting for the other guy! No research goes into anyone's vote anymore.

Our system is beyond messed up.
Edited by Kalijie on 7/8/2013 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Why is this an issue now and not when George Dubya initiated it? George Bush did so much to destroy American freedoms while he was in office, and Obama just kept the ball rolling.

Well, PRISM didn't exist under GWB. Another program did that set the framework for PRISM. People didn't know about these secret programs then. I'm sure if they did, they would be upset. However considering that the country was feared into losing liberties in the wake of 9-11. I think the reason a lot of people are upset now, is because Obama ran on this platform of "change"... I think people interrupted that as changing the atrocities that GWB put into motion, but instead, he embraced it, and is continuing it and digging deeper. Also Obama's whole thing was his admin was going to be transparent. It has been far from transparent.

This is a great video from 2006 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFf5lEaXk7A
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
However considering that the country was feared into losing liberties in the wake of 9-11

"Don't waive your rights with your flag"

~Sage Francis, Makeshift Patriot.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think the reason a lot of people are upset now, is because Obama ran on this platform of "change"... I think people interrupted that as changing the atrocities that GWB put into motion
Actually Obama specifically promised to reverse and get rid of those policies and infringement of freedom/liberty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
07/08/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Aurora
Well, PRISM didn't exist under GWB.

PRISM's been around since the 78 essentially in the form of FISA, and was part of Bush's "Protect America Act" in 2007, and has been amended many times since 9-11-01.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

http://androidtopnews.com/the-fbis-prism-program

"Enacted in 1978, FISA is a law which “prescribes procedures for requesting judicial authorization for electronic surveillance and physical search of persons engaged in espionage or international terrorism against the United States on behalf of a foreign power.” This may include US citizens who are suspected of espionage or terrorism.

PRISM is simply a program to carry out the groundwork FISA laid. We can point directly to it as the culprit, and it is, but it’s also just the first domino. We know the first domino is PRISM, and we know the next 9 are tech companies subject to the program’s reach. After that, it gets hazy."
Edited by Questina on 7/8/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As long as they dont mess with my shuffle...
Reply Quote
As long as they keep the donuts (bread) and televised sports events (circuses) coming, who cares!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
-Mark Zuckerberg is a sweaty pile of insecure nerdfaj
-The NSA is a bunch of donut eating voyeur pervs who take orders from a mongoloid
-Larry Page and Sergey Brin wish they could have been born cyborgs
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Using the word "mongoloid" on the internet as an insult should be punishable by death. Getting really sick of 4chan heroes throwing that word around.
Reply Quote
Both sides are basically identical now except in where they stand on things like abortion and gun control.

Abortion and gun control are great topics to keep the one issue "voters" distracted.

BUT MAH GUNS! BUT IT'S MAH BODY!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Using the word "mongoloid" on the internet as an insult should be punishable by death. Getting really sick of 4chan heroes throwing that word around.

Is mongoloid the new 4chan buzzword? If so, I must be a 4chan hipster, cause I've been using it before it was cool.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
This has been around for decades. NOW people want to get pissed off about it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]