Nerf Chaos bolt

90 Human Warlock
because like... it hits for 60-100k crits and only costs 1 ember and they can cast it in like < 3 sec... that is clearly op blizz...

ps... buff imps cause I like doing nothing to kill ppl...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It even hits slightly higher than lava burst wtf...nerf it to lava bursts damage atleast.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Gawd I know right. Also I know KJC is being neutered, gateway nerfed into irrelevance, soul link reduced to effectively nothing, passive damage reduction removed entirely along with their ability to generate primary resource by damaging multiple enemies .. But this clearly doesn't go far enough.

I mean why are Locks even allowed to move at all? IMO we should remove their ability to run, they should be forced to move at walk speed.. and it should cost them huge HP just to do that. And what about a passive damage taken increase as well? I'm thinking 50%.. but that may be a bit light. 75%

They should buff Starsurge, Lava Burst and Stormlash as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
Funny they nerf "CASTED" damage like Chaos bolt and Pryroblast but buff instant casted range damage all the time.. WTF???
Reply Quote
Funny they nerf "CASTED" damage like Chaos bolt and Pryroblast but buff instant casted range damage all the time.. WTF???

i havent seen a threatening hard casted pyro in years.
Reply Quote
For destro to be good next patch they need to add something like casting conflag on an immolated target has x chance to make your next cb instant (or instant and not consume an ember).

Would put destro locks back on the board since no melee will ever let a cb fly in 5.4 due to kjc revamp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

*match starts*

*rogue applies poisons to weapons*

MEDAL AWARDED! MOST CASTING DONE IN A SINGLE MATCH!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
never understood this, why do people ask to nerf something that is a part of there class, if something like my Exorcism hits for like 75k-100k each time i wouldn't ask for it to be nerfed, i would have fun while it lasts, i'll be sad to see it go but i'll be happy to know i went ham using it
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
never understood this, why do people ask to nerf something that is a part of there class, if something like my Exorcism hits for like 75k-100k each time i wouldn't ask for it to be nerfed, i would have fun while it lasts, i'll be sad to see it go but i'll be happy to know i went ham using it

I know this might sound crazy BUT.......

Some people actually care about balance....
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I don't think any of the nerfs to chaos bolt were directed at pvp, they were all because of pve, but yea chaos bolt hits pitifully low for a long cast time nuke, but hey atleast you can be a shadowburn bot :) only reason destro is even viable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I know this might sound crazy BUT.......Some people actually care about balance....

or he is just posting on his lock to gain some sort of credibility but in all honestly chaos bolt has been nerfed enough its only a real threat in bgs when a lock can free-cast and isnt being watched
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I think you missed my point completely... other class insta casts hit harder
Edited by Honidas on 7/8/2013 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The other week I was laughing at this destro in 2's until he hit me with 2 CB's at 110k and 115k. I was all like "I thought they nerfed this..."

Usually I expect 60k. This leads me to believe that CB needs a spell-power co-efficient nerf, but a static buff to its damage. The lock I fought used 2 PvE trinkets and probably had them both going along with dark-soul. The sad thing is a player who only PvP's will never hit that hard with CB.
Reply Quote
The other week I was laughing at this destro in 2's until he hit me with 2 CB's at 110k and 115k. I was all like "I thought they nerfed this..."

Usually I expect 60k. This leads me to believe that CB needs a spell-power co-efficient nerf, but a static buff to its damage. The lock I fought used 2 PvE trinkets and probably had them both going along with dark-soul. The sad thing is a player who only PvP's will never hit that hard with CB.

You let the lock cast for 6 seconds straight and didnt think to yourself: hmmm maybe letting the lock freecast on me isnt such a good idea? Also, its not hard to get the pve trinkets, run lfr and afk it for free loot. Also one of the bis pve trinkets for casters is the relic, which can easily be bought from AH. This is nowhere near season 11 where you HAD to pve in order to get cunning insignia and will, and since you can just run lfr for the trinkets you have no reason to cry, you're just being lazy. The pve trinkets are better than the pvp trinkets but by a small margin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You let the lock cast for 6 seconds straight and didnt think to yourself: hmmm maybe letting the lock freecast on me isnt such a good idea? Also, its not hard to get the pve trinkets, run lfr and afk it for free loot. Also one of the bis pve trinkets for casters is the relic, which can easily be bought from AH. This is nowhere near season 11 where you HAD to pve in order to get cunning insignia and will, and since you can just run lfr for the trinkets you have no reason to cry, you're just being lazy. The pve trinkets are better than the pvp trinkets but by a small margin.

../facedesk.... ppl have the reading comprehension skills of a gd football... think about what he is saying THEN post...

ill decipher for you
he is saying that he knew chaos bolt had been nerfed to the ground AND THUS didn't give a crap if he free casted or not because he thought (but was surprised) the lock wasn't a threat... ffs
Reply Quote
i read between the lines

hes crying about warlock damage then crying because he doesnt have pve trinkets.
Edited by Chin on 7/8/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i read between the lines

hes crying about warlock damage then crying because he doesnt have pve trinkets.

07/08/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Aratheya
The other week I was laughing at this destro in 2's

^ should have been your first clue he wasn't crying... for the love of god...
Reply Quote
i read between the lines

07/08/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Aratheya
The other week I was laughing at this destro in 2's

I read in between the lines in between the lines, get my level...gosh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I read in between the lines in between the lines, get my level...gosh.
Nah, I'd rather earn my RBG rating instead of paying for a carry.

2 - 2.4 all in one day is too damn obvious but grats I guess.
Edited by Iscariah on 7/8/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]