Can Gahz'rooki Not Be Acquired Post-5.3?

Will Gahz'rooki be unattainable after the Battlefield: Barrens world event is over in patch 5.4?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Its a one of event and will disappear when next patch comes out so unless they move the item somewhere else it will be no longer obtainable.
Edited by Primuslazen on 7/8/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
its probably going the way of the vampiric batling... except sell/tradable...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Yep, this is your only shot to get it, short of buying from someone later on who saved it. Which is something I'm planning to do for profit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Hmm, I totally forgot about the Barrens stuff going away later.

I guess that means get your boxing gloves / 3 headed mini Hydra's while they last.

The 200 valor is nice too, so I should be doing this anyways. Still faster than 2 LFR's.

Well that's the pep-talk to myself, since I never did farm up extra Gilnean Ravens ahead of the breed change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Been trying to do this on my alt and she's so lousy, soloing is sloooow and painful. And there's nobody around like the early days (first week) to kill the elites. It's kinda sad. I should look for people this weekend.

It's a whole lot of killing things (god forbid you pull more than one fat bastidge who hits you for half your health) to get 150 of each doodad - one at a time. =/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I guess that means get your boxing gloves / 3 headed mini Hydra's while they last.

Well, I can't see them not finding another place to put the boxing gloves, and given the fact that Gahz'rooki is tradable I wonder if they really intend it to be a one-time exclusive thing. I'd of course advise getting what you want this patch... but I think we may also find out sometime before 5.4 that both items will be in a new location.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yep, this is your only shot to get it, short of buying from someone later on who saved it. Which is something I'm planning to do for profit.

This is the exact reason I own 3 of the little bugger. I didn't even do the weekly, I just bought 3 of them for 500g each. Expecting to make a large profit in the future.
Edited by Reynic on 7/9/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Are the weeklies not doable on the PTR?

I thought they were just giving everyone who did it in 5.3 a FoS but retaining the weeklies themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Are the weeklies not doable on the PTR?

I thought they were just giving everyone who did it in 5.3 a FoS but retaining the weeklies themselves.

There was a quote somewhere about making sure to get it before it was gone as it was an event that would last the patch and not continual content.
Edited by Hearus on 7/9/2013 12:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Don't get your hopes up, they'll probably just make it a low drop from fishing or something, similar to what they did with the Razzashi Hatchling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Don't get your hopes up, they'll probably just make it a low drop from fishing or something, similar to what they did with the Razzashi Hatchling.

Farming rare zone drops doesn't have much profit margin unless you get insanely lucky. Then really you are just gambling.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here is your answer:
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/354670755675512832

Professor_Oak ‏@Proffessor_Oak

@mumper Where can we acquire Gahz'rooki and the Brawler's boxing gloves in patch 5.4? Since barrens event is disappearing after 5.3

Cory Stockton ‏@mumper

@Proffessor_Oak Ghaz'rooki is being converted to a rare drop. Not sure about the boxing gloves yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
It makes sense that he'll become a rare-drop. They aren't really in the habit of making non-FoS-every-gets-it stuff disappear.

Still, I gotta assume that a rare drop will make it more valuable than it currently is (like the dropped Raptors / Dragon whelps hopefully).

In any case, it's not a bad source of Valor and I hardly need to use the Mojo's on gear anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Here is your answer:
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/354670755675512832

Professor_Oak ‏@Proffessor_Oak

@mumper Where can we acquire Gahz'rooki and the Brawler's boxing gloves in patch 5.4? Since barrens event is disappearing after 5.3

Cory Stockton ‏@mumper

@Proffessor_Oak Ghaz'rooki is being converted to a rare drop. Not sure about the boxing gloves yet.

Thanks. Time to stock up I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
They sell for 200-300g on Proudmoore
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They could always add a pet vendor to the Troll starting zone and have them sell it And at the same time add one in the Gnome starting area that could offer an Alarm Bot.

Gnomes and Trolls are the only two races that don't really have a pet to call their own.
Reply Quote
it needs to be unobtainable :(. to make major profit on the pet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it needs to be unobtainable :(. to make major profit on the pet.

How about no? And if you want to make profit go play Diablo 3 - I'm sure it'll accommodate your terrible mindset.

They could always add a pet vendor to the Troll starting zone and have them sell it And at the same time add one in the Gnome starting area that could offer an Alarm Bot.

Gnomes and Trolls are the only two races that don't really have a pet to call their own.

It'll become a rare drop - not sure what mobs though.
Edited by Nightsbane on 7/9/2013 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i dislike diablo 3 alot... no offense.
Edited by Gistene on 7/9/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]