Which legendary cloak will be best?

90 Human Paladin
Just curious i was thinking about taking the melee dps cloak to do both Prot and Ret, but for tanking purposes would it be better just to take the tank cloak no haste, which i could reforge dodge into, but it does have that proc that is basically a second Ardent Defender, if you were to die the cloak saves you. Will Prot pallies take melee or tank?
Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
I'll take the melee, when I eventually get around to it.

That cleave-spam proc is too good to pass up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It will probably depend on how bursty damage will be in siege, especially on heroic. I don't think they would have made that the proc if they intended for tanks to be able to have reasonably smooth damage intake.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
just read " Grand Crusader no longer has a chance to activate from Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous, but now has a 30% chance to activate when dodging or parrying a melee attack (up from 12%)." so i now may look at the tank cloak just reforge the dodge to haste since i tank more than ret.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you are someone who places visual aesthetics fairly high in relation to actual performance, the dps cloak might be more visually fun. From a recent blue post, they mentioned the visual spell effects will show when they proc, and likely will be visible even when hidden (for sure they will show in druid forms and such they said)...

The tank cloak seems like unless something bad is happening, you won't even be able to enjoy the spell effect very often. You'd essentially have to mess up every minute to be able to get the chance to see it. The dps one you'll be able to see just by doing your normal things.

Just tossing that out there for the people that at least somewhat factor aesthetics into their choices lol.
Edited by Bravehearth on 7/9/2013 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Theres no telling if the next content has any mechanics that would 1 shot a tank unless you have the tanking cloak.

Plus with the recent changes... it pretty much kills haste specs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't really see the GC nerf as killing haste specs, but it does hurt it. The same basic premise should apply that haste grants more Holy Power faster for greater uptime on SotR, haste simply no longer affects AS proccing HoPo. Faster swings will still produce more frequent healing through SoI, too. I think that, if anything, it may push some prots into traditional tanking gear, but still forging/gemming for haste - if it even goes that far.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
07/09/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Ritalynn
Theres no telling if the next content has any mechanics that would 1 shot a tank unless you have the tanking cloak.
I'd put money on the line that there won't be any such encounters. Designing fights that require you have a specific item to beat it went out the window years ago. The cloak proc may help out from time to time, but there is zero chance that it will be required for any encounter. It would just go against modern encounter design principles.
Reply Quote
The cloak proc may help out from time to time, but there is zero chance that it will be required for any encounter. It would just go against modern encounter design principles.
With the exception of Ordos on the Timeless Isle, whom every single person in the group requires a legendary cloak just to -reach- him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]