Concerns about the Legendary Healer cloak

100 Pandaren Monk
Is anybody else a bit bothered by the fact that we're basically being forced into using a cloak with Spirit? Personally I dont need any more Spirit than I have right now, even less honestly, and I'll already be getting more with the new tier of content. Plus, the healing cloak (understandably) has no Crit on it, my best secondary stat.

I was hoping that perhaps the Legendary effects would simply be "enchants" in a sense. You just sort of apply them to whatever Legendary cloak you chose. That way healers who don't need Spirit can pick the "DPS" cloak, and DPS who need hit can choose the Spirit cloak. I know a couple int DPS don't use Spirit, but you get my point.

It also bothers me on an unrelated and totally petty note that the DPS version is the Jade Serpent cloak, and yet I put down a Jade Serpent statue, and all of my spells are green... totally ruining my immersion!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Reforge out of spirit on the cloak, drop spirit elsewhere.

I could care less about the spirit or stats, I just want the proc. They have to cut corners somewhere. If we could have the DPS cloak with the healing enchant, that would be stupidly stupid.

Additionally. Not many other healers can drop spirit as much as us. That's basically asking to tailor the cloak just for monks. Not okay.
Edited by Mist on 7/3/2013 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Agreed entirely. I'm really not looking forward to sacrificing crit for more spirit that I don't really want.

totally ruining my immersion!

lolol

edit:
If we could have the DPS cloak with the healing enchant, that would be stupidly stupid.

Why? It's not like we'd get the DPS enchant proc with the healing proc or anything.
Edited by Qùess on 7/3/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

I could care less about the spirit or stats, I just want the proc. They have to cut corners somewhere. If we could have the DPS cloak with the healing enchant, that would be stupidly stupid.

You act like I haven't already reforged the Spirit off of every single one of my pieces.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
07/03/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Qùess
Why?

It would be such a huge boost to throughput, moving into imbalanced levels.

You act like I haven't already reforged the Spirit off of every single one of my pieces.

Sounds like you need to get better itemized pieces with no spirit on them, then.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
07/03/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Mist
Why?

It would be such a huge boost to throughput, moving into imbalanced levels.

Sounds like you need to get better itemized pieces with no spirit on them, then.

That would be lovely, wouldn't it? Luck isn't exactly on my side. It took me until just last week just to get the trinket from Horridon, and I still haven't gotten Lei Shen's.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Monks aren't the only healers in the game. >>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I promise you, the legendary proc is going to be so good that you won't care about the spirit.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Monks aren't the only healers in the game. >>

You and I both know that's not true.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I promise you, the legendary proc is going to be so good that you won't care about the spirit.

Well obviously I'll be picking up the cloak with the healing proc no matter what happens, I was just hoping I wouldn't be shoehorned into picking the Spirit one. ~1.5% crit isn't worth giving up that sweet, sweet proc.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I'm more worried about potential heroic mechanics where it's beneficial for the entire raid (or at the very least, all the agi and str users, as they lose a lot less than int users) to pick up the tank cloak.

Oh hey, you do big burst on a 1 min cd?

JK absorbed.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I'm more worried about potential heroic mechanics where it's beneficial for the entire raid (or at the very least, all the agi and str users, as they lose a lot less than int users) to pick up the tank cloak.

Oh hey, you do big burst on a 1 min cd?

JK absorbed.

That would be a concern, but I promise you they will balance encounters around it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

I'm too busy reforging out of the (m)astery. :/

WTB spi/crit/haste version for the multiple healing specs that hate, hate, hate, loathe their mastery...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

WTB spi/crit/haste version for the multiple healing specs that hate, hate, hate, loathe their mastery...

Your Mastery actually isn't that bad anymore, at least not in 25 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Or Spirit/Crit/Mastery for those who hate haste.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Tanks are discussing the same thing, for what it's worth. Most are leaning towards the DPS cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

Your Mastery actually isn't that bad anymore, at least not in 25 mans.

Which might be ok if the majority of the raiding population wasn't 10-man. And if "not that bad" wasn't still far and away the worst secondary stat. It's pretty telling when the high end 25 man monks are reforging the mastery on their 608 dps cloaks to spirit so they can reforge spirit off other pieces

Like this guy... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Affinichi/simple.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I really don't think it's productive to pick someone in Blood Legion as an example of what every single Monk SHOULD be doing. Not a long while back, people were saying that Affinichi was bad because he actually had mana left at the end of some progression fights.

Plus, I keep hearing from Monks like Suplift that Mastery is great, and he's a 10 man raider.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It also bothers me on an unrelated and totally petty note that the DPS version is the Jade Serpent cloak, and yet I put down a Jade Serpent statue, and all of my spells are green... totally ruining my immersion!

definitely the worst part of the whole thing!

;D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/03/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Ellarix

definitely the worst part of the whole thing!

;D

Plus Chi-Ji does damage on Twins, while Yu'lon heals.

The mind boggles.
Edited by Skootalloo on 7/3/2013 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]