Concerns about the Legendary Healer cloak

90 Pandaren Monk
Our mastery is insane, what are you on about.

I mean losing 1% crit for an amazing healing proc is worth it to me.

NEVER reforge out of mastery for spirit, Affinichi is just dumb sometimes.
Edited by Suplift on 7/3/2013 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/03/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Skootalloo

definitely the worst part of the whole thing!

;D

Plus Chi-Ji does damage on Twins, while Yu'lon heals.

The mind boggles.

Yes, that confused the hell out of me.

And Chi-Ji gives the healing trinket, yu'lon the DPS trinket, but the Jade Spirit Statue patterned after Yu'lon heals, and Yu'lon heals on consorts, and Chi-Ji DPSes and...

I'M SO CONFUSED.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/03/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Suplift

Yeah, like I said man, it's not like I don't agree. It just seems odd to me that healers have to give something up, yet other specs aren't required to do so. At least it's just a trivial thing, but still.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/03/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Punchies

Yeah, like I said man, it's not like I don't agree. It just seems odd to me that healers have to give something up, yet other specs aren't required to do so. At least it's just a trivial thing, but still.

It's not perfectly itemized for every spec.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Damn, looks like I'm buying a new cloak.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
#firstworldproblems
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah, I don't know why Affiniti is forging out of mastery. That's really stupid. lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't get what the problem is. Between the ilv and the proc its going to be such a throughput increase over any other available cloak in MoP that its not like you're going to be forced into using some H TF cloak from Siege just because it has crit instead of spirit on it.

I do agree with you on the Celestial theme mixup though... that's really strange. I think blizz might just like screwing with people, like with the blade lord/wind lord thing in HoF. It clearly seemed like a mistake, but they never ever changed it or even commented on it. I just think it's there to get people mad.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I don't know, when Tanks and Healers are choosing DPS items (in order to specifically avoid stats centered on their role), it feels more like a failure of class design than the legendary itself.

As for preferring one secondary over others (haste versus crit etc..), I don't think that will ever be totally fixed. Every legendary has had that issue..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Reforge out of spirit on the cloak, drop spirit elsewhere.

I could care less about the spirit or stats, I just want the proc. They have to cut corners somewhere. If we could have the DPS cloak with the healing enchant, that would be stupidly stupid.

Additionally. Not many other healers can drop spirit as much as us. That's basically asking to tailor the cloak just for monks. Not okay.

And qtpie shamans. I'm almost refusing to use these heroic bracers I got because they have spirit while my current ones don't, I see it as a wasted stat. Just with cloak, it's ~500-600 of a wasted stat to me for the proc =[
Edited by Sensations on 7/4/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, I don't know why Affiniti is forging out of mastery. That's really stupid. lol

Pretty sure he is on his Druid now, but working on an equally odd build. Guess he knows something we all don't.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't get what the problem is. Between the ilv and the proc its going to be such a throughput increase over any other available cloak in MoP that its not like you're going to be forced into using some H TF cloak from Siege just because it has crit instead of spirit on it

Of course healers will get the spirit one, but they just as easily could have given us something that augmented the cloak we currently have so that people could make their own choice of which stats they wanted. At the end of the day though....

#firstworldproblems
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
I find it much more concerning how Monks can get away with basically zero spirit while everyone else is chained to it. Seems completely reasonable for one healer class to be able to dump near 100% of their secondary stats into throughput gain. Yep.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I find it much more concerning how Monks can get away with basically zero spirit while everyone else is chained to it. Seems completely reasonable for one healer class to be able to dump near 100% of their secondary stats into throughput gain. Yep.

As long as the overall package of the healing classes are balanced, stressing about things like why one class values X stat more than another class will just exhaust you. If Monks being able to drop Spirit with impunity causes them to outscale other healers then yes, they would warrant nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Technically anyone can get away with almost 0 spirit with the Horridon trinket and meta.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/04/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Skootalloo

Technically anyone can get away with almost 0 spirit with the Horridon trinket and meta.

That trinket doesn't freaking exist.

*rageface*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

I disagree.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/04/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Mist

I disagree.

Yes, well. Shut up. I hate you. >:(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/04/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Tiriel

I disagree.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/04/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Tiriel

I disagree.

Seriously :(

One drop. All I have seen. Then horridon ate the rest. I plan to drop more spirit on my priest if it ever drops >_>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]