Concerns about the Legendary Healer cloak

1 Gnome Warlock
07/04/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Skootalloo
I find it much more concerning how Monks can get away with basically zero spirit while everyone else is chained to it. Seems completely reasonable for one healer class to be able to dump near 100% of their secondary stats into throughput gain. Yep.

Technically anyone can get away with almost 0 spirit with the Horridon trinket and meta.

Not even close.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is anybody else a bit bothered by the fact that we're basically being forced into using a cloak with Spirit? Personally I dont need any more Spirit than I have right now, even less honestly, and I'll already be getting more with the new tier of content. Plus, the healing cloak (understandably) has no Crit on it, my best secondary stat.

I was hoping that perhaps the Legendary effects would simply be "enchants" in a sense. You just sort of apply them to whatever Legendary cloak you chose. That way healers who don't need Spirit can pick the "DPS" cloak, and DPS who need hit can choose the Spirit cloak. I know a couple int DPS don't use Spirit, but you get my point.

It also bothers me on an unrelated and totally petty note that the DPS version is the Jade Serpent cloak, and yet I put down a Jade Serpent statue, and all of my spells are green... totally ruining my immersion!

well not all healers want crit. i truely hate crit so i like the cloak :P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Sure it will be a legendary and sure it will proc. But the RNG of when it procs added to who actually gets the buff ect. Everyone will take the cloak just outta pure item levels. just dont get too worked up because this cloak may not be that good.

It's not a proc. It's a guaranteed effect. Except for atonement and pw:s, no doubt.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
07/04/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Loratabb

It's not a proc. It's a guaranteed effect. Except for atonement and pw:s, no doubt.

so for us ( disc ) it could proc while casting spirit shell basically wasting the proc. it could also proc from offensive penance and solace again spells we use in down time when there is little to heal.

So i really dont see this being OP unless the 5.4 mechanics suit the proc. I run halo so this proc could land on me or anyone between me and the tank again not getting ideal placement on the buff.

I like the buff it looks nice. Just i also see alot of rng. The lei shen chalice looks nice but does little for me. Same goes for disc 4 set. Free healing means little when the proc goes out when there is nothing to heal.

The way it's worded right now there is no RNG and there is no wasted proc. When you use Halo everyone hit by Halo will get the buff.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I was speculating about the atonement/pws thing, since Blizzard has a track record of forgetting interactions with Disc. The proc is inherently worse for Discipline because a good chunk of our healing is pre-emptive. We don't know enough about how it works yet. Does it proc from hots? What about EoL? I think it's likely AoE heals will cause the effect on each target they hit. Hard to say how useful it is for each healer. You're probably looking at 8-15k hps on a player from it during healing intensive phases (hits players < 50% hp). If you can roll it on half a 25m raid you're looking at upwards of 100k hps from the cloak. Also interested to know how it will re-apply/overwrite

07/04/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Loratabb
Just i also see alot of rng.

There's no RNG, we just don't have details on it yet.

offensive penance and solace again spells we use in down time when there is little to heal.
The !@#$?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/04/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Loratabb
Holy priests monks druids hot/burst healers in general would just feed off of the buff.

I'm fairly certain it won't proc off hot ticks, only the application. It mentions healing spells, not 'when you heal a target'.

player (X) is missing 300k 1 proc alone will heal 27k add in all 4 healers and there hots. the procs will heal over 100k plus the hots. Imagine the raid dipping that low after reg stomp for example. the cloaks would out heal healers.

Actually, one proc would heal for 26,198.1 HP, ignoring the healing of the spell that proc'd it. 4 procs would heal up to 92k. Diminishing returns and all that.

The important part though is that that's ignoring the healing of the spell that procs it and any other healing going on, which will diminish the healing the proc will do by a pretty large margin.
Reply Quote
offensive penance and solace again spells we use in down time when there is little to heal.

The !@#$?

Solace is not on the atonement table nor was it affected with the recent atonement nerf. Tis why penance and solace can proc the meta and not smite

Pretty sure he was referring to the "in down time when there is little to heal". Smite yes. Penance and Solace are cast on (or close to) cd regardless.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
07/03/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Punchies
I promise you, the legendary proc is going to be so good that you won't care about the spirit.

Well obviously I'll be picking up the cloak with the healing proc no matter what happens, I was just hoping I wouldn't be shoehorned into picking the Spirit one. ~1.5% crit isn't worth giving up that sweet, sweet proc.

Don't discount the possibility that they might nerf your regen into the ground, forcing you to gear for a level of spirt somewhere close to that required by every other healing spec in the game.
Edited by Jooki on 7/5/2013 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'd like to see a blue response, or for someone to tweet at GC, what healers who picked the DPS cloak are going to do. Just eat 7k and 500vp? Prot paladins are presumably in the same boat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'd like to see a blue response, or for someone to tweet at GC, what healers who picked the DPS cloak are going to do. Just eat 7k and 500vp? Prot paladins are presumably in the same boat.

You should tweet him yourself then.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/04/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Tiriel

I disagree.

Yes, well. Shut up. I hate you. >:(

It's dropped on all of my guilds kills, just sayin
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Pretty sure he is on his Druid now, but working on an equally odd build. Guess he knows something we all don't.

OR he's just bad

Also why does it matter if monks can have zero spirit. It's not like the outheal anyone by massive amounts. Disc priests holy paladins do comparable healing with high amounts of spirit. Imagine if they could have similar spirit levels to that of monks. If monks had Jab Jab Uplift still and were able to sustain @5k Spirit they would be insanely overpowered.

Shamans don't need spirit and disc priests/holy paladins/resto druids only need around ~12k
if 1 healer can reforge out of all their spirit it's not a huge deal.

It sounds like you're just salty over monks.

Oh and monks do need Horridons and Meta gem to sustain 5k spirit. Before I had these I needed 10k spirit. I don't know what you're smoking.
Edited by Suplift on 7/5/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/05/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Mahourai
Just eat 7k and 500vp?

Oh no, not half of one week's valor and a totally insignificant amount of gold! Whatever shall we do?

Also add all agility tanks to the group of people who probably took the "wrong" cloak for better stats and might have to go back if the procs are locked to specific cloaks. Although they might choose *not* to go back if the tank proc turns out to not be all that good.
Reply Quote
Oh no, not half of one week's valor and a totally insignificant amount of gold! Whatever shall we do?

Pretty much this. I took the DPS cloak because I felt it was better for me to reforge a bit of spirit onto it to keep at my 10k comfort level than it would be to get more spirit than I wanted and none of the crit. Ie I took the option that I felt was the best option for me for now. If that option is no longer the best option in 5.4 (which it won't be) then I will pay the fee to have the new best option. Really not a big deal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]