Concerns about the Legendary Healer cloak

90 Tauren Druid
07/03/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Punchies
Is anybody else a bit bothered by the fact that we're basically being forced into using a cloak with Spirit?

Have you looked at that proc? I don't care if it has a million spirit and spirit did absolutely nothing for you...that's a cloak you want.

I am more concerned with how stupidly OP is appears to be. I do not like the direction healing appears to be going...All procs and major CD's....mehhhh...Essentially, we're being told how to heal, or how it's gonna be done.

Don't get me wrong, I like cooldowns and procs, but when you start getting this many...it's just a game of cooldowns and procs. This greatly concerns me.

(Reduction of major raid cd trinkets, Leg cloak proc mostly)

I mean, each heal spell procs a heal for 3% of targets health every 1 second for 3 seconds, effectively 9%health added in a hot per heal.

Do you realize how stupidly OP this is? I realize it's an early PTR and many/most things are still subject and likely to be changed; But this concerns me. I would abuse the living crap out of that.
That would trivialize raid wide aoe damage such as megaera rampages etc. I would literally be popping shrooms on CD, in a stacked situation, regardless of mushroom charge level, that's a RAID WIDE blanket of decent initial heal, then nearly 10% health in a quick hot.
Healing raind..Chi torpedo..SCK..Holy Radiance..the list goes on...
^^^ Would be insane healing.

This effectively gives every single healing class a holy priest type of mastery bonus/awesome Hots.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I mean, each heal spell procs a heal for 3% of targets health every 1 second for 3 seconds, effectively 9%health added in a hot per heal.

missing health not health and with all the healers attempting to heal the raid back to full quickly. The ticks will not be super massive unless you cheese the encounter and way way under heal relying on cloaks to carry.

I am quite sure the current version will not make it to live. As you and others have pointed out its just stupidly OP if the buff comes from every heal. Most likely it will be a rppm proc for the cloak.

as others have pointed out cheesing with the tank cloaks could also be a issue. What Garrosh has a 1 shot spell that is up every min LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
[

missing health not health and with all the healers attempting to heal the raid back to full quickly. The ticks will not be super massive unless you cheese the encounter and way way under heal relying on cloaks to carry.

I stand corrected, my bad. I did not get much sleep last night... =(

Still, perty strong though. And I really dislike reduction of raid CD's on that one trinket. (Would seem mandatory and well...yeah..cooldown craft)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
[

I stand corrected, my bad. I did not get much sleep last night... =(

Still, perty strong though. And I really dislike reduction of raid CD's on that one trinket. (Would seem mandatory and well...yeah..cooldown craft)

I am not so worried bout the reduced CD trinket. In 25 mans pain sub is called for and barrier is spoken for. So Its not a big deal for me. Maybe for other classes or maybe 10 mans but idk. Most Cd's are laid out pre fight having them off cd faster will not alter there use in raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/05/2013 04:19 AMPosted by Suplift
Shamans don't need spirit and disc priests/holy paladins/resto druids only need around ~12k

Drifting into pet peeve territory over here.

The Spirit requirements of an individual healer vary heavily based, yes, on class, but also on raid composition, the strength of their co-healers, the skill of their tanks and DPS, and their gear level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I personally like having at least 14k spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Reforge out of spirit on the cloak, drop spirit elsewhere.

I could care less about the spirit or stats, I just want the proc. They have to cut corners somewhere. If we could have the DPS cloak with the healing enchant, that would be stupidly stupid.

You act like I haven't already reforged the Spirit off of every single one of my pieces.

Maybe it's time you stop using regen trinkets then.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

You act like I haven't already reforged the Spirit off of every single one of my pieces.

Yeah man, just go to the vendor and buy some new trinkets.
Edited by Rags on 7/5/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is the problem with having a legendary for every single toon and every single spec. No one is going to ever going to be completely happy because it is inherently going to be better for some specs than others. I personally think the cloaks should have just come with base stam plus int/agi/str and then 3 empty slots you could have chosen your secondary stats for.

But really I don't see the point in complaining about it considering everyone does get to have a chance at one. So what if it's not ideal blizzard could have easily gone back to the wrath or bc model and made it only for 2-3 classes.

And yes both the procs and trinkets on the ptr need to be toned down I watched a mage sustain 500k damage on a training dummy over 3 minutes with that trinket that increases a secondary stat by 84% and he managed to crit for over 2 million.

Incoming pvp tears if those things ever make it live or if these cloaks make it live like they are now.

Alternatively does anyone know if absorb mechanics like PW shield and SS when it's active will proc the healing cloak? If it doesn't it's gonna severely put disc at a disadvantage and they'll prolly take the dps cloak instead.
Edited by Rapsidy on 7/5/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

He is using the correct trinkets for that build. The build doesn't function without at least the Horridon's. :-P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

That seems rather excessive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This thread shouldn't have gone four pages, at least not four totally nonconstructive pages.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/05/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Mesorem

Depends on the player. Depends on their gear. Depends on their role. Depends on their fellow healers. Depends on their tanks and DPS.

Etc . :-P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This is what Blizzard gets for forcing raids to have 100% legendary coverage with the new system.

Have fun balancing each persons "individual legendary feeling", with it not completely blowing out balance in raid design.

I guess in Heroics they can just assume almost perfect coverage, and tune accordingly, but I am still wary.
Edited by Fangthorn on 7/5/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Does this mean that if I've already chosen my cloak I will now need to buy a new one? I haven't really done any research into the rest of the questline and I had no idea that if I chose the non spirit cloak that I would need to buy the spirit cloak later. Can anyone tell me if this is actually the case?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
07/05/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Tiriel

Depends on the player. Depends on their gear. Depends on their role. Depends on their fellow healers. Depends on their tanks and DPS.

Etc . :-P

That's what I like about healers, there is differentiation between player's stats rather than following the one true build.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can anyone tell me if this is actually the case?

It still datamined info. I have a feeling that once live when you are upgrading that they will allow you to upgrade to the healing cloak. Blizzard is pretty reasonable about that sort of thing and would imagine they are putting in a safety valve because they gave no warning.
Edited by Taelaus on 7/5/2013 12:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/05/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Taelaus
Can anyone tell me if this is actually the case?

It still datamined info. I have a feeling that once live when you are upgrading that they will allow you to upgrade to the healing cloak. Blizzard is pretty reasonable about that sort of thing and would imagine they are putting in a safety valve because they gave no warning.

I thought the same thing, and I will just continue to hope that this is the case until it is confirmed one way or the other. Thank you =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You should tweet him yourself then.

I confess that I don't have a Twitter account.

07/05/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Calonderiel
Just eat 7k and 500vp?

Oh no, not half of one week's valor and a totally insignificant amount of gold! Whatever shall we do?

7k is not a "totally insignificant" amount of gold unless you have millions of gold. I have about 100k and I didn't plan on spending thousands of it to buy a worse item for my healing priest because it's the one that upgrades into the legendary I want.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
^Who cares about 1% crit, I'm broke as hell. Having to throw 10kg into the legendary pit is the real problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]