5.4 pvp for rogues!

90 Undead Priest
opinions on whats going to be best rogue spec for RMP? im thinking combat kinda sorta? b/c killing spree changes, im killing people in a full kidney with that
Reply Quote
sub
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
KGB
Its not going to last..

Sub and Assassination > Combat with in 2 weeks of 5.4 going live if KS makes it live in present PTR format.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Its not going to last..

Sub and Assassination > Combat with in 2 weeks of 5.4 going live if KS makes it live in present PTR format.

Every post you make about combat is trying to disparage the spec - not being intelligently critical of it in any way, or putting forth good points, just WANTING the spec to fail. You're a pretty poor rogue for that.

IMO the 3 specs will be head on in the next patch, which is how it should be. All 3 will be viable choices, although combat will pull ahead in comps where burst is needed above control.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i think sub will still have better burst, just cause u can open dance 1 min cd, wait for them to blow some defensives, ccs, and dance blades is a stupid combo if u are aloud to global, and or have a stun on ur team ;) but its all situation, killing spree is about as faceroll as bladestorm is and i dont see how any rogue finds that fun to play, my 2 cents
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
TnC
5.4 combat will probably be the "best" spec for RMP if the current changes go through, but sub will always be viable as it provides a bit more utility. combat relies on monogloiding people once trinkets + cc. been dicking around on PTR as RMP and combat is pretty insane if you can force a trinket
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Said this in another thread and i'll say it again:

Honestly, no one knows. Blizz hasn't even started doing a numbers pass on gear and abilities, so anything anyone says about ptr has massive potential to change. You're best off watching all the patch notes come in and waiting until closer to the end of the ptr. At that point, people will be able to see where the damage is actually ending up, and could give you a real answer that should be reflected by live 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
killing spree is about as faceroll as bladestorm is and i dont see how any rogue finds that fun to play, my 2 cents
I don't like Spree. I like everything else the spec has going for it. I was honestly REALLY excited back in Pre-MoP when it looked like the major spec cooldowns would be the 90 talents. Was really looking forward to removing Killing Spree from my play, while still keeping the Combat kit. Alas they instead buffed Spree and removed the rest of the Combat kit.
Reply Quote
The killing spree change isn't going to go live like Khlause said even if it does it won't stay that way for very long.
Edited by Wooster on 7/7/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The killing spree change isn't going to go live like Khlause said even if it does it won't stay that way for very long.

thats been said about many things this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

This.

07/07/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Deathsroad

thats been said about many things this expansion.

If it does go live, which it wont, but IF it does:

Have you seen the amount of QQ on holinka's twitter about KS? its barely even half way through the PTR process and people are spam linking videos of combat one shotting people with all CDs popped.

The truth is, its a mongoloid heavy damage cooldown with little to no counter. Its the same premise as CnD getting nerfed to uselessness.

Being unpeelable during your big damage is a no-no.

Either way, if blizzard does let it go through, and takes it usual "wait until 5.5" approach, we might get a good season length of being pants on head potatoe.

win-win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Khlause is now a high-level blizzard employee?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Khlause is completely clueless and has absolutely no more knowledge than anyone else. This can be said for everyone else who isn't Holinka or a top-end developer.

And even if it doesn't go live (which it will), it wasn't because he was wiser than anyone else, it's because he took a 50-50 guess and was right.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

The truth is, its a mongoloid heavy damage cooldown with little to no counter.

Sorry what? I don't think you know how Killing Spree works. I'm pretty sure EVERY class has a hard counter to KS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I don't know why they haven't touched combat PvE in 5.4.....

It's only 1% more DPS in high end gear. I always loved combat being the PvE spec and will always play it. But its so meh ATM.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Either way, if blizzard does let it go through, and takes it usual "wait until 5.5" approach, we might get a good season length of being pants on head potatoe.

I lol'd.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
AJ
the real problem for combat is the pve 4 set bonus not the ability its self. the blizz dev's need to fix the set bonus before touching combat again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]