An open Letter of Thanks

100 Human Warlock
As in any internet forum, there is a large helping of erage, insults and pointless argument here.

That said, I've run across some truly outstanding individuals in this little "pet battle" community of ours.

I've seen one person, who spent an evening flying around hunting Unborns in Northrend and place-holding them, FOR COMPLETE STRANGERS. And if that's not crazy enough....it was FOR ZERO PERSONAL GAIN. Wow. Just when you started to think that the entire world was going hell in a handbasket.

Has another person send me a hard to find pet ( that sells for a TON of gold) in the mail. Simply because I didn't have one. We're talking, made an alt on my server...and mailed me an expensive, hard to get pet. After I had already gone to bed. :)

Now I'm not going to name these folks. They know who they are and I'd not want people pestering them for the same treatment. I WILL say they were both from Earthen Ring, which is a heck of a coincidence.

Not only those stories, but I've seen more actual, helpful advice on this forum than any other...except perhaps the professions forums.

Now we may not all agree on everything ( see the "misses" topic) but when you ask an honest question you get ( a bunch!) of honest answers.

So my hat is off to all of you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
it would be nice if random people randomly mailed me pets I didn't have. Save 10k gold per pet =)

lol
Edited by Naxa on 7/8/2013 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
When the worst people in the community are people like me you know you are doing alright.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Hearus I don't think you're the worst person in the community. Fact is I usually agree with you. Your only fault ( if it's a fault at all) is that you expect people to be able to read your intent in your text. :) That's something we ALL have trouble with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I so agree about this community! Replies to questions I've posed have been polite and constructive and there are numerous people who are very helpful about a wide variety of topics. It has been decidedly refreshing, especially for a WoW forum. Thanks, fellow pet-lovers!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I agree that most of the posters on this forum are usually very helpful, but like every aspect of wow, we have our fair number of trolls.

To whomever helped you in the game, I congratulate you on being fine people and not the usual trolls we find in game.
Reply Quote
4 Pandaren Shaman
07/08/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Naxa
it would be nice if random people randomly mailed me pets I didn't have.

Your wish is my command! Your profile said you didn't have a custodian, so I sent you one. If by some accident you do already have him though, just sell him or something.

I agree with OP though. I have seen a couple poor posts here and there, but in general I like the friendliness and helpfulness.

Edit: Really appreciate the person who goes around hunting Valks for people. He/she didn't happen to help me with mine, someone else did, but I think it's awesome that they have the patience for it.
Edited by Ling on 7/8/2013 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
When the worst people in the community are people like me you know you are doing alright.

i dunno, i find Flaya far less tolerable than you :P mostly because he goes on weekly rants about something irrelevant and always thinks hes right
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
07/08/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Pyroamorous

i dunno, i find Flaya far less tolerable than you :P mostly because he goes on weekly rants about something irrelevant and always thinks hes right

This.

I've scolded Hearus for being so blunt or something or other but he's very knowledgeable and helpful (in a shove you into the deep-end kinda way). I think it's just the way he talks/types that make him sound so mean. =P

Flaya is just funny in his intensity.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
"Shove you in the deep end sort of way...." Good way to describe it. Helpful AND brutal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
A friend of mine who doesn't frequent the forums sent me all the pets that he had and I didn't. He was also flying to Dalaran one day and happened to see a valk and stayed there till I was able to fly over and grab it. It was a blue and I was so happy. I managed to repay the favour one day while flying over dragonblight and have since farmed him the raid pets. Its nice to know that people are still willing to help others.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
it would be nice if random people randomly mailed me pets I didn't have. Save 10k gold per pet =)

lol

Well, I'll be. Someone actually took my joke seriously and sent me the Menagerie Custodian from a lvl1 alt. =o I don't even know who it came from so I can thank them... Awkward.

So here is an open thanks in hope the sender happens to see it ^_^
Edited by Naxa on 7/10/2013 4:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The pet battle community certainly seems to be the most mature group I have experienced on these forums. One could hope that some random blue passing through would notice this and take a look the "suggestions" or changes we discuss concerning pet battles. Seriously, you rarely see crazy suggestions here that you see on other forums. The people here are generally generous, friendly and don't complain alot unless something really is goofed up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]