Everyone complained that Spriests were OP

90 Worgen Death Knight
...and when they're gone, you get the garbage that is Disc/Hunter/Melee mongo cleaves tunneling something to death.

Spriests were ''OP'' because of how well they kept hunters in check and the way they stiffened mongo burst cleaves that were able to kill something in 15 seconds.
Edited by Meemoz on 7/8/2013 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Shadow still stands strong, no idea where you're coming from, it's just that more people play bm, because its even easier, where as shadow, as op as swap was, you had to use few brain cells to actually time it.

Their dp/insanity can still kill anything in a matter of 2-3 seconds if not healed/peeled, just fyi.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
that must have been great for the shadow priests

welcome to how the xpac has been for the rest of us
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shadow still stands strong, no idea where you're coming from, it's just that more people play bm, because its even easier, where as shadow, as op as swap was, you had to use few brain cells to actually time it.

Their dp/insanity can still kill anything in a matter of 2-3 seconds if not healed/peeled, just fyi.

Yeah, our damage is good, unfortunately the class revolves around mass dispel, which has been nigh impossible to get off this patch. Though it's a 1.3 second cast, the kickback from melee attacks and hunter pets makes it easily interruptable and countered. Spriests survived so well in 5.2 because they could keep their healers out of CC. With that unlikely to happen now, healers are sitting 7 second traps while priests are sitting there taking it. Sure we have dispersion every 2 minutes, but unfortunately arena matches don't last that long.

Also, it's difficult to peel most classes off of us ourselves, as fear is countered with: Berserkers Rage, dispel, 3 BM trinkets, 3 DK trinkets, etc...

And perhaps one of the biggest problems outside of the class is the fact that our favorite partners succumb to the melee train as well.

Mages - Dead in 2 seconds
Rouges - Dead in 2 seconds
Warlocks - Did you get the gate down? No? You're dead in 2 seconds; also, LOLFEARDR
Boomkins - Dead in 2 seconds

So that leaves us with more unconventional comps such as:

Feral - He gets dispersion, can keep melee off you with cyclones and snares
Ele - Not even a great partner, can't peel very much, BUT while your Sharkbait (HOO HA HA) they can global someone.

-----------------------

Priests need SOME kind of defensive love, and removing the 10% damage decrease isn't a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Priests need SOME kind of defensive love, and removing the 10% damage decrease isn't a step in the right direction.

while i agree with your complaint about shadow the 10% is almost completely negated by the trinket resil change this is where they said they would compensate even tho its still a alight nerf it doesn't leave shadow is much less of a place than atm including the 60% armor u will get and more if u glyph fire

either way shadow is still viable just not as good as it was before the problem shadow had last patch is you added it to any comp and that comp suddenly got better, witch funny enough is the same problem they have with hunters now i agree with all the shadow nerfs to date except mass dispell and the 30% to overall healing it should have been something like 20%
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Just let priests cast mind-flay on the !@#$%^- move. Make it a glyph so that it no longer slows the target but we can cast it while moving. The ONLY reason why I refuse to PvP on this class is because I have zero mobility. Blizzard's ineptitude regarding this class is astounding.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Just let priests cast mind-flay on the !@#$%^- move. Make it a glyph so that it no longer slows the target but we can cast it while moving. The ONLY reason why I refuse to PvP on this class is because I have zero mobility. Blizzard's ineptitude regarding this class is astounding.

this isnt a good idea casting flay on the move is too powerful the fact a insanity flay can kill someone should point this out

if anything casting VT on the move but i wish this game would stray away from dummbed down mechanics like this anyway
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

while i agree with your complaint about shadow the 10% is almost completely negated by the trinket resil change

except everyone's receiving 10% damage reduction if they choose to wear 2 pvp trinkets. so relative to everyone else they still lost 15% spell damage reduction and x% amount of physical damage reduction with the armor buff, which is a huge nerf to not just shadowpriest but moonkins as well
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter

priests have always been this way...thats like warlocks asking for blink. they just need thier 15% damage reduction back and theyll be fine
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]