Can't report bad battle pet names

Has anyone else noticed in PVP pet battles the "report bad pet name" feature doesn't work?
Well it SHOULD work because lately I have come across some of the nastiest most offensive pet names I have ever seen.

Yes I know I will get the standard "grow a thicker skin" response and frankly, my skin is pretty thick and I am hard to offend, but it really bothers me that I can't report nasty pet names in PVP pet battles.

Will the "report bad pet name" function ever be available in PVP pet battles?
Hopefully it will because I would hate to stop battling because there is no recourse for people who do not want to follow the naming rules, and get away with this stuff.
Edited by Sablefoxx on 7/8/2013 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've run across the same issue and I agree with you. There needs to be a way to report deliberately offensive pet names that you can come across in random PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Completely agree, I've seen librams named "Mein Kampf", various obscenities spelled backwards to avoid the filter, and plenty of other unpleasantness. Some sort of report feature must be added because with the anonymity of pet battles, there is absolutely zero repercussions for these people.
Reply Quote
/signed. I'm not easily offended either but I shouldn't have to look at racial slurs in any context, let alone that of a game I'm playing to unwind and have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You actually look at their pets' names? Guess I don't even read names - just looking at the type of pet and trying to figure out how to kill them.

I'll give you credit for having way more time on your hands than the time we already waste to pet battle within our time-sink video game. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Naw, I was referencing the posters above me seeming very republican where even a word can set them off.

I'm not even going to get into which side of the political spectrum tends to be more PC-crazy. As the OP pointed out, we know some people are going to get on their high horse and pretend that everyone who complains about insulting language must be a prude.

All I say is, keep it to yourself. There's no reason to, of all things, make deliberately offensive pet names just to get a rise out of someone. So it would be nice if the game allowed for reporting or filtering that.

Now you can go back to making incomprehensible insults in WoW forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I believe the first one is in reference to those naming monkey pets some derivative of Obama.

Naw, I was referencing the posters above me seeming very republican where even a word can set them off.

Fair enough. But,regardless of how "sensitive" one is, there are rules. Even beyond that, there are certain words/themes that are simply inappropriate - regardless of how "prude" someone is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

I believe the first one is in reference to those naming monkey pets some derivative of Obama.

He's just mad that he would be one of the people being reported for his pets "Cok Teeze" "Deep N Hard" "Corner hooker" and so on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes.. the internet isn't quite ready for such harsh language
Reply Quote

We are not talking about the average run of the mill internet, we are talking about a GAME that millions of people of ALL ages play.
BLIZZARD (not me) has set down guidelines and RULES in their game that they expect people to follow.
Follow the rules or get out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I laugh at most of the names that people complain are offensive and I doubt I would report 99% of them myself but there are rules in the game and there are players of a far younger age out there that don't need to be exposed to it.

Heck I have even ran into a few names so vile that they would be offensive to all but the most twisted players and that is not even counting the frequent racial slurs that there is no place for in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

it's not that they're going "*Shock Horror* <removed>? Why I Never!" its the fact that the option is there already, but it isn't working.

which i personally feel should be resolved. it is something that is not working as intended and needs to be fixed.
Edited by Delumriel on 7/9/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I laugh at most of the names that people complain are offensive and I doubt I would report 99% of them myself but there are rules in the game and there are players of a far younger age out there that don't need to be exposed to it.

Heck I have even ran into a few names so vile that they would be offensive to all but the most twisted players and that is not even counting the frequent racial slurs that there is no place for in the game.

Agreed. I used to work as a bartender.. I have heard it all. I am not easily offended.
My favorite comedian is Lisa Lampanelli, but Blizzard has laid down a set of rules and guidelines that we agree to.. not to mention there is a time and a place for everything, even naughty humor, and PVP pet battles is just not one of those places.
I'm just asking for a feature that should work to please be fixed to work is all :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was talking to others about some of the pet names that were out there and I wasn't even aware that some of them were racial slurs. I do agree that some of the names that are blatant should be able to be reported.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/08/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Sablefoxx

We are not talking about the average run of the mill internet, we are talking about a GAME that millions of people of ALL ages play.
BLIZZARD (not me) has set down guidelines and RULES in their game that they expect people to follow.

The game has a mature language filter that can enabled or disabled, and the game is rated T for Teen.
Edited by Planet on 7/9/2013 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
07/09/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Planet

The game has a mature language filter that can enabled or disabled, and the game is rated T for Teen.

None of that makes it okay.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]