Can't report bad battle pet names

The game has a mature language filter that can enabled or disabled, and the game is rated T for Teen.

Yes, it does have filters, but not for pet or player names.
You and Shia are missing the point entirely.
Yes, it is the internet, and yes people are going to be crude, but you see Blizzard has set down rules and guidelines that when you click accept, you agree to them.

Wanna name your pets something that is clearly a violation of the rules you agreed to? Fine, go right ahead, you have the right to do that.. and face (possible) consequences for not following the rules you agreed to follow, but why should I have to be a victim of some jackwagon who doesn't want to play by the rules?

I am simply asking for the ability to either ignore or report names that are inappropriate... why is that so hard to understand?
Reply Quote
75 Troll Shaman
/signed

Such garbage has no place in a fun game.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
If these people want to act like a 12 yr old when naming their pets, I'm going to treat them like a 12 yr old, we'll go back to kindergarten and learn about manners and civility again. It takes a lot for me to report someone, but the option is there and I use it when I need to, so I understand the frustration.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
If pet names bug you then yes you are easily offended. Say you aren't as much as you want, but, some dumb pet names in a video game got you mad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
07/08/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Jundashave
Completely agree, I've seen librams named "Mein Kampf", various obscenities spelled backwards to avoid the filter, and plenty of other unpleasantness.

Er, how is Mein Kampf related to profanity?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
07/09/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Zaldrizes
Completely agree, I've seen librams named "Mein Kampf", various obscenities spelled backwards to avoid the filter, and plenty of other unpleasantness.

Er, how is Mein Kampf related to profanity?

Offensive doesn't have to be foul language. I played a game that people would get forced name changes for being named holocaust and they couldn't figure out why someone would be offended.
Reply Quote
If pet names bug you then yes you are easily offended. Say you aren't as much as you want, but, some dumb pet names in a video game got you mad.

How is asking for a feature that already exists but is clearly broken "mad" ?
Are you telling me that your ignore list is completely empty?
That no one in the game has ever said or done something that got on your nerves?
I'm not mad, upset or anything of the sort, I just want to know WHY I can't report pet names that annoy me.
It's a simple request really and no debate is needed.
If a player can't follow Blizzards rules, then the bad is on them, not me.
Edited by Sablefoxx on 7/9/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
07/09/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Planet

We are not talking about the average run of the mill internet, we are talking about a GAME that millions of people of ALL ages play.
BLIZZARD (not me) has set down guidelines and RULES in their game that they expect people to follow.
Follow the rules or get out.

The game has a mature language filter that can enabled or disabled, and the game is rated T for Teen.

Funny, yet there are mechanics specifically set there for reporting offensive Guild & toon names, even above & beyond the MSRB rating for this game.

Guess Blizzard just should enable there own mature language filter & troll themselves for ever making a "report bad names" feature.

You genius, you.
Reply Quote
74 Human Death Knight
the game is rated T for Teen.

Yup but that only covers the game content, not what players infect the game with. Some of the things I see in this game from the playerbase, the rating should be AO.

Edit: Why was Sugarleaf's comment reported? I see nothing in the post that violates the forum CoC.
Edited by Daiyu on 10/5/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Nah, not mad. More like, they deserve to have action taken against their account for being immature dickheads. That might make me spiteful, maybe even a little !@#$%y, but it's not something you can write off as "lol mad".
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
How cute.

Another "You can just ignore it." Circle-jerk.

Just because you can do something. Or ignore something.

Does not mean you should have to. This is the solution for weak-willed idiots. Hilariously i just finished this same exact thing with people pulling Huolon out of others reach.

Edit - Stupid players will report posts just because the post in question is by somebody they have a hate-on for or if they do not agree with the posts content. It is the tool of hilariously stupid petty people.
Edited by Zunde on 10/5/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
we are talking about a GAME that millions of people of ALL ages play.

It's not an 'ALL ages' game, it's rated T for Teen therefore some innuendos and tongue-in-cheek-humor names are allowed. If younger children are playing this game then their parents are to blame. Ever hear of Howard Stern? When he was on terrestrial radio, it was totally legal even during hours children could be listening. Have you heard a 13 year old talk these days?
Reply Quote
10/05/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Daiyu
Edit: Why was Sugarleaf's comment reported? I see nothing in the post that violates the forum CoC.
My guess is that the thread was inactive for 3 months before her post.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/05/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Seventizz
we are talking about a GAME that millions of people of ALL ages play.

It's not an 'ALL ages' game, it's rated T for Teen therefore some innuendos and tongue-in-cheek-humor names are allowed. If younger children are playing this game then their parents are to blame. Ever hear of Howard Stern? When he was on terrestrial radio, it was totally legal even during hours children could be listening. Have you heard a 13 year old talk these days?

That's not a valid conclusion. That means that those innuendos are the limit of what Blizzard is allowed to put in their game. It's still their game, their rules, and they are by no means forced to allow players to mimic the T rating. They could disallow everything but talking about Barney the Dinosaur if they wanted to.

Offensive names are against the rules. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't have to be consistent. They don't have to enforce it equally, because it's their game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Can I just say, kind of on topic, I'm displeased with the fact that I can't name my Phoenix Hatchling "!@#$es" (after the Phoenix in Harry Potter) because some people spell the f-word that way to get around filters.

EDIT
And it filtered it. Use context clues to figure out the name if you don't know what I'm saying, I guess.
Edited by Jessicarr on 10/6/2013 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Im kinda with a poster on the first page. I rarely look at the names. Just the pets and how I should attack.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
my apologies for posting in a necro thread, but I believe it is STILL a valid complaint, and is definitely a problem.
I am by no means a prude, but come on, I don't want to PVP pet battle against a team with the names of female genitalia or what-not. It.. I don't know.. cheapens the experience for me.
I don't even bother anymore because it is just such a kill-joy.

And of course months after this thread and few others just like it popped up... you still can't report them.. I find it hilarious that bad guild name and bad player names can easily be reported, but not pvp pet battle names.
People know there is nothing we can do, so they abuse it to the fullest from what I have seen.

Please Blizzard I implore you to enforce your own CoC in ALL areas of the game.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Honestly, I think people need to lighten up. If you think you have thick skin then clearly you don't. Sure I've seen harsh names but never once have they been on a level that I considered reporting people for them. The system does block what it deems offensive, therefore examples like "Mein Kampf" do not warrant a name change. I don't support what Hitler did but his book is a decent piece of literature.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I don't support what Hitler did but his book is a decent piece of literature.

Possibly the worst analogy used on the pet battle forums ever. Well played.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]