How is ele going under the radar?

90 Worgen Death Knight
No nerfs for ele for 5.4, just buffs (LOL).

Insta random accidental 1 shot lava surge procs need to be fixed

People complained about Mages doing too much instant damage? Ele is 10x worse lol!
Edited by Meemoz on 7/9/2013 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
You are aware that Lava surge is casted? the proced lava surges are completely RNG, so I am not sure you can 100% compare it to what mages were doing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
We may do plenty of damage, but all of skills are casted so most classes can shut us down. We're not very good at all when we're getting attacked.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
Because Elemental is not OP, you can counter the damage it's just not how damage is usually done. You have to be entirely proactive, dispel flameshocks constantly on the person they're tunneling, purge off lava surge procs asap, control him constantly. This won't guarantee his godsend rng won't work, but it'll stop a lot of it.

They said they know Elemental is quite strong, which is true and they're going to nerf lava burst a bit. But one nerf too strong Elemental is back to garbage because it brings nothing worth bringing other than loldamage which is how the spec has always been and when it doesn't bring damage only a few play it. So they're obviously thinking of a way to stop it but not make elemental worthless again for multiple seasons. ;)
Edited by Sensations on 7/7/2013 2:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This is kind of hilarious actually, you ele shamans know a large majority of the forum has been calling out how overpowered your class is for being able to pretty much 50-0 someone, or even worse, without even needing cooldowns, all out of flat RNG.

And now look at you, ALL SHAMANS defending the class.

I hate to be a jerk but come on, be realist. You all very well know what your class can do, and while I surely don't agree with what Meemoz says, and don't think the nerf has to be a "TO THE GROUND" nerf, I still think they need some tweaks to shrink down the potential of what one cast can do through dumb RNG, which would indeed be a nerf in the end.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
This is kind of hilarious actually, you ele shamans know a large majority of the forum has been calling out how overpowered your class is for being able to pretty much 50-0 someone, or even worse, without even needing cooldowns, all out of flat RNG.

I hate to be a jerk but come on, be realist. You all very well know what your class can do, and while I surely don't agree with what Meemoz says, and don't think the nerf has to be a "TO THE GROUND" nerf, I still think they need some tweaks to shrink down the potential of what one cast can do through dumb RNG, which would indeed be a nerf in the end.

Except threads like this are pointless because Ele won't be hotfixed because it's not in dire need to be, but it will be nerfed because they acknowledged it.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Shaman

i must ask

were you dropped on your head as a child
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
5 stack tfb was rng. why was it nerfed?
Reply Quote
Don't you dare compare us to this slightly darker blue, we light blues are superior.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
At least mages require setup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
A lot of classes are flying under the radar currently. Like Unholy DKs for instance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
A lot of classes are flying under the radar currently. Like Unholy DKs for instance.

un dks are somewhat peelable and predictable. ele shamans however are not.
Reply Quote
Cuz people are still leveling and gearing them like crazy. Blizz doesnt wanna yank the carrot on this class just yet.

Soon theyll throw the OP carrot infront of some other underplayed class so people will spend their time lvling and gearing that class
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

i shed a tear when i read this. so true.
Reply Quote

5 stack tfb was unstoppable unless you killed the Warrior. You can literally cut the Ele damage by 50% if you just cleanse Flame Shock. Or you can interrupt LvB/EB. Because you aren't getting globaled without at least one hard cast, which relies on a proc during the cast, and then you pray for even more procs off of that cast.

Or you could also learn what the UE animation looks like so you know when the Ele is about to try to hit you hard, and you can react accordingly. I almost never get hit by a UE LvB/EB from another Ele, because I know what UE looks like. I know to interrupt/ground/LoS their next spell.

07/07/2013 05:16 AMPosted by Notorious

At least Mage burst is reliable.

At least Mage has spammable CC.

At least Mage has a real "oh sh*t" button.

All Ele has is damage.

RNG is just how Ele works, and you aren't going to see that changed until 6.0 at the earliest.
Edited by Mungoh on 7/7/2013 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
07/07/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Mungoh

5 stack tfb was unstoppable unless you killed the Warrior. You can literally cut the Ele damage by 50% if you just cleanse Flame Shock. Or you can interrupt LvB/EB. Because you aren't getting globaled without at least one hard cast, which relies on a proc during the cast, and then you pray for even more procs off of that cast.

Or you could also learn what the UE animation looks like so you know when the Ele is about to try to hit you hard, and you can react accordingly. I almost never get hit by a UE LvB/EB from another Ele, because I know what UE looks like. I know to interrupt/ground/LoS their next spell.

All Ele has is damage.

RNG is just how Ele works, and you aren't going to see that changed until 6.0 at the earliest.

Mage Burst can be ruined by a single dispel (not exactly reliable).

1 Minute %30 DR that removes all magic debuffs on you and lasts 15 seconds is better than a dispellable 5 minute cooldown ice-block (especially with Priests with instant MD running rampant).

Ele has crazy unpredictable damage and spiky pressure, good off-heals and are never at risk of being interrupted.
Edited by Meemoz on 7/7/2013 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
07/07/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Meemoz

All Ele has is damage.

1 Minute %30 DR that removes all magic debuffs on you and lasts 15 seconds is better than a dispellable 5 minute cooldown ice-block (especially with Priests with instant MD running rampant).

Ele has crazy unpredictable damage and spiky pressure, good off-heals and are never at risk of being interrupted.

Ele burst can be ruined by a single dispel.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

You are incorrect, biased shaman.
Edited by Meemoz on 7/7/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

He is very correct. You very obviously have no clue what you're talking about. If you dispel Flame Shock that literally cuts our damage by 50%, and it removes our Lava Burst procs.
Edited by Mungoh on 7/7/2013 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

He is very correct. You very obviously have no clue what you're talking about. If you dispel Flame Shock that literally cuts our damage by 50%, and it removes our Lava Burst procs.

Except no healer can consistently dispel a 6 second flame shock off three targets (with 8 second dispel) while tons of other ccs are flying about and lots of damage pouring in.
Edited by Meemoz on 7/7/2013 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]