Blizzard it's not that hard....

1 Tauren Druid
Arena's should not be balanced based on 2's. Im in total agreement with that. With that said Why the hell do you guys feel it necessary to allow any class in this game to have more then 2 STUNS! 1 is really enough with all of the burst damage being done with the super op dps that is already out there. Sitting in a CC chain longer then 10 seconds (at most) is a failure on your part. Sure you my team is supposed to avoid these chains with a trinket, los, and controlling other players however some of these are INSTANT CAST CC's!

Example:
HUNTERS

Silencing shot
Scatter Shot
Freezing Trap
Spider Stun (even with pet dead)

I've never played a Monk and I'm not familiar with the skills but do they really need 3 instant cast stuns?

Solution: Baseline 1 or 2 stuns that all last 5 seconds and EVERYTHING needs to have Diminishing returns with every classes CC.
Edited by Ucantwin on 7/7/2013 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You sound so mad that you was outplayed in the CC war LOL. Try LOS, i hear it helps sometimes.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
My point is that with all of the OP CC chains with certain comps its not really a matter of outplayed. Anyone with a heartbeat can CC with how easy its become. You cant los everything.... at some point healers need to heal. Silence, Scatter Shot, Trap. All instant cast and takes no effort or skill
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Arena's should not be balanced based on 2's

They aren't.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/07/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Xiun
Arena's should not be balanced based on 2's

They aren't.

Did you even read the post?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
Uh... In case you missed it.... I said this after "Im in total agreement with that."
Reply Quote
48 Dwarf Shaman
Silencing shot
Scatter Shot
Freezing Trap

All preventable by LoS
Freezing Trap has an arming time and can be prevented by having your partner walk over it
Shale Spider stun has a bloody long cooldown and can't be used if it's dead, so I don't know what you're talking about

07/07/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Ucantwin
I've never played a Monk and I'm not familiar with the skills but do they really need 3 instant cast stuns?

They have 1 instant cast stun, which is an optional talent and is very unreliable and has a huge dependency on Internet connection speed and movement speed of target

Fists of Fury is a channeled stun that can be difficult to avoid, but is also unreliable similar to Shockwave.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
Yes let me los my dps and heal through this wall infront of me. Oh wait i cant heal. Lets pop out and heal. Scatter Shot Freezing trap..... Skill less ccing
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
mines hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
07/08/2013 12:12 AMPosted by Deziration

They aren't.

Did you even read the post?

No because most threads with "blizzard" in the title and "2s" in the body isn't worth reading.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Everyone having multiple CCs and Defensive CDs makes me wonder what is going to happen when the new expansion comes out and they have to add new shiny level abilities and talents. Now I hate the put on the rose colored glasses but that is one thing I do miss about Vanilla, CC wasn't handed out to everyone. The times the lack of CC sucked was for hybrids trying to run TBC heroic 5 mans, man heroic ramparts was pretty tough with 1/2 greens and zero CC.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about hybrids getting more CC options for the sake of PvE (dungeons and whatnot), then you fall into the arms race in PvP. And when you factor that in, not a single person wins. Don't give up hope, Holinka is really trying hard to balance out PvP, the game is so big and the majority focus is PvE, so it's gonna take time to work itself out. One a side note I would love more Vanilla style CC PvP (after DR was put in), less = more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Arena's should not be balanced based on 2's. Im in total agreement with that. With that said Why the hell do you guys feel it necessary to allow any class in this game to have more then 2 STUNS! 1 is really enough with all of the burst damage being done with the super op dps that is already out there. Sitting in a CC chain longer then 10 seconds (at most) is a failure on your part. Sure you my team is supposed to avoid these chains with a trinket, los, and controlling other players however some of these are INSTANT CAST CC's!

Example:
HUNTERS

Silencing shot
Scatter Shot
Freezing Trap

Solution: Baseline 1 or 2 stuns that all last 5 seconds and EVERYTHING needs to have Diminishing returns with every classes CC.

We only have two stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yes let me los my dps and heal through this wall infront of me. Oh wait i cant heal. Lets pop out and heal. Scatter Shot Freezing trap..... Skill less ccing

traps are probably one of the MOST skillful CCs. you really need to quit while you're behind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
07/08/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Tagit

traps are probably one of the MOST skillful CCs. you really need to quit while you're behind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't think you know what a stun is
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
im telling you guys.... nerfing chaos bolt will fix everything
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
07/08/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Tagit

Can't tell if trolling.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Anyone who says LOS is the way to counter cc is just making argument for the sake of argument. It is a cc race, plain and simple. First to pop wins. Getting out of los doesn't allow you to do anything productive, so you have to face up any some point. To argue that cc chains are "fair" in some way is bogus. Look at the ladders. CC=ratings=gear. Lousy way to PvP. No valid argument can be made.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Anyone who says LOS is the way to counter cc is just making argument for the sake of argument. It is a cc race, plain and simple. First to pop wins. Getting out of los doesn't allow you to do anything productive, so you have to face up any some point. To argue that cc chains are "fair" in some way is bogus. Look at the ladders. CC=ratings=gear. Lousy way to PvP. No valid argument can be made.

I loled so hard at this post
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/08/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Ucantwin

Can't tell if trolling.....

not in the slightest. are you really trying to argue that traps are "skill less" compared to things like psyfiend, pom poly, blanket silences etc etc?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]