All new healers read this!

90 Tauren Death Knight
For all you new people to healing, and you're starting out at level 1, you might go into PvP or dungeons at level 15, either of which are fine, the class I would recommend for PvP and Pve heals would be Disc priest, or Resto druid.

I have not played a Disc priest but twice so I will not teach you guys that, but I have played resto druids up to level 80 so I am pretty familiar, in fact I am still playing my resto druid just played him yesterday, besides from that these steps should help you become a very good healer :D.

1st. What you need to do if you haven't gotten it already is get the Curse client from curse.com make sure it is the Official curse website and get the curse client make an account, or if you want you don't have to get the client or make an account just look up the addon you're looking for.

2nd. The second thing you need to do is look up the addon Healium (My Favorite addon for healing), or Healbot (Second on my favorite list).

3rd. Druids you get your first heal at level 3 Rejuvenation in my opinion one of the BEST heals for druids, at level 12 you get a ressurect spell Revive and another healing spell Nourish you will use Revive to bring fallen people back to life (Out of combat use only), the next healing spell is at level 18 it is Regrowth my opinion 2nd best healing spell after Rejuvenation, next at level 26 Healing touch long 2.5 second cast takes 30% of your mana, I don't ever use it much you guys might though, onto the next healing spell at level 36 Lifebloom 1=1 stack hit 3 times for maximum healing capability each pop is 5.9% of base mana I use this quite a lot actually 3rd in chain of my fav/best heals, next spell is at level 56 Rebirth this is the same as Revive only it can rez a fallen hero in combat neat in my opinion very useful, (Recommended to only use on other heals in raids or tanks), next spell is at level 76 Wild growth quick heals until it reaches max duration then it slows down heals 4th in chain of best heals 22.9% of base mana, next spell is at level 84 Wild mushroom spawns 1 mushroom up to 3 and Wild mushroom bloom will heal nearby allies detonate will damage enemies, those are all the healing spells that are useful for druids you may encounter some I may not have mentioned, this is the way I use my Resto druid healer Druidtime on realm Nathrezim, I have a lot of characters and I will be doing more step-by-step guides on the specs and how to use them effectively, all the information was not researched by me I got all the spells from Thottbot.com or Wowhead.com have fun playing a Resto druid!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Sorry for mis-info my druid is level 64.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
All new healers, please ignore this thread and play whatever class you want. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Healium? I hope you're trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Please don't recommend Healium to people. -_- That is just cruel.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If anything use Blizz UI. Way better than Healium and Healbot
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Up until this expansion, I would have said Holy Pally is always the way to go; however, this expansion has killed that mindset. Druids, Monks, and priest far outrank Holy Pallys as of 5.3, and with the nerf we are getting for 5.4 I'm worried that we will fall below even Shamans...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
but I have played resto druids up to level 80 so I am pretty familiar

lol...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
shh, no healers have resurrection spells, only warlocks and DK's and people in level 25 guilds can revive people

edit: i really wish i could say "sorry I forgot to train that" still

edit #2 :

onto the next healing spell at level 36 Lifebloom 1=1 stack hit 3 times for maximum healing capability each pop is 5.9% of base mana

umm what? 2=2?
Edited by Foriel on 7/9/2013 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All new healers, please ignore this thread and play whatever class you want. Thank you.

Yeah, have to agree with this.

Ignore the OP. All healers are welcome into the healing fold. Except trolls like the OP. Obv.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Don't let the others get to you - nice job on trying to provide some info.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't let the others get to you - nice job on trying to provide some info.

There's a difference in providing info and providing bad info.
Reply Quote
46 Undead Monk
Just some youngin' trying to help out other new folks. One thing people forget is that the forums aren't age restricted, and sadly, or irl ages aren't tagged onto our id's. Just imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
/facepalm
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wait, is this thread an actual thing? Is this thread an actual thing? Cause if it is, oh lawdy lawd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2nd. The second thing you need to do is look up the addon Healium (My Favorite addon for healing), or Healbot (Second on my favorite list).

Always best when writing guides to not get too specific. Better to be written out as different options (outside raid frames/blizzard ui/mouseover macros, ect.). There is no right or wrong thing to use so always better to be open on these things.

You should also think about your format as it is kind of hard to read and all over the place. Check out some other guides and see how they format their information to be easily digested.

It's nice that people take the time to try to help others out, even in it's fledgling state. Tough part is you will always get trolled on the wow forums. Don't be discouraged though.

07/09/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Dragonsfire
Thottbot.com

Though i used this years ago i have heard some scary stuff about this site in regards to keyloggers and such. Not sure if there is any truth to it though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Healium (My Favorite addon for healing)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3g41MU3d1qlglddo1_250.gif
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/10/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Tsilyi
Healium (My Favorite addon for healing)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3g41MU3d1qlglddo1_250.gif

I think Tiri has a pic somewhere of the horrors of Healium.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Please don't recommend Healium to people. -_- That is just cruel.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Healium is just a horrible addon. Period.

Healbot or Vuhdo should be the recommended addons.
Edited by Jujubiju on 7/10/2013 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Healium-> http://media-wowstead.cursecdn.com/attachments/thumbnails/352/688/650/372/634588455299547310.JPG

Please dont tell people to use it. Healbot I can understand, but not Healium. Other than that, at least he is trying to help People, instead of complaining about the state of his class
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]