All new healers read this!

90 Pandaren Monk
Please dont tell people to use it. Healbot I can understand, but not Healium. Other than that, at least he is trying to help People, instead of complaining about the state of his class

Let's be fair, though, it's because he's a death knight, and we all know how OP they are. :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
healbot, vuhdo or grid/grid2+clique.

mainly vuhdo + grid/clique or mouseovers

not the monstrosity that is healium
Reply Quote
So you recommended a bad addon and then ranked the spells you get. . . I don't understand this?

How is this even relevant to 'all new healers'? I just. . . I. . . I don't even. . . Screw this, I'm going home.

/hearthstone
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/10/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Fistlobster
Please dont tell people to use it. Healbot I can understand, but not Healium. Other than that, at least he is trying to help People, instead of complaining about the state of his class

Let's be fair, though, it's because he's a death knight, and we all know how OP they are. :P

Shhhhh, dont say DKs are OP. GC might nerf them next

/looks around scared!
Reply Quote
If anything use Blizz UI. Way better than Healium and Healbot

Yup
Interface>Raid Profiles>check the box at the top right "Use Raid-Style Party Frames"

You will now have a menu you can access on the left part of your screen where party frames are click the arrow and unlock the frames. You can now move it and reshape it how you like.
You also have options for buffs, debuffs, tanks and more in Raid profiles.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
There's a difference in providing info and providing bad info

I didn't provide bad info at all, I explained everything in DETAIL very well.
All new healers, please ignore this thread and play whatever class you want. Thank you.

I didn't tell the new healers they had to play a Resto druid did I? No, I didn't so rage elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/11/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Dragonsfire
There's a difference in providing info and providing bad info

I didn't provide bad info at all, I explained everything in DETAIL very well.
All new healers, please ignore this thread and play whatever class you want. Thank you.

I didn't tell the new healers they had to play a Resto druid did I? No, I didn't so rage elsewhere.

People could just read the tool tip for that or an actual guide. It's great you tried, but it's not helpful to new players.

Your druid is also 64, there's A LOT more after that level.
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
"These are not the healers you are looking for"

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The whole post was hard to read, and less helpful than just reading the tool tips of the spells. Plus having a druid at 80 doesn't mean anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I didn't tell the new healers they had to play a Resto druid did I?

Yes you did.
the class I would recommend for PvP and Pve heals would be Disc priest, or Resto druid.

In addition, as stated before, Healium is the worst choice for healing addon. You recommend Disc priest, but do not elaborate as to why and you don't have much credibility to being a resto druid, being not even 90, let alone raiding. You give a pretty basic description of most of druid spells, but do not elaborate on talents, glyphs, the importance of haste management, and endgame play.

I would never, EVER recommend a new healer go to a guide that flat out says "Play this class, it's the best, but I won't say why", or heck, even one that said "Play this class", period. Labeling this lazy and ill-informed attempt at a guide for new players as a helpful source then providing false information is the worst possible thing you could've done.
Edited by Fistlobster on 7/13/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we request a sticky for this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Can we request a sticky for this?

No.

*smacks*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
*smacks*

You're so violent tiriel X_X
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Correct answer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
But but Tiriel, I need it stickied so I have something to cheer me up when I'm sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
But but Tiriel, I need it stickied so I have something to cheer me up when I'm sad :(

Oh. D:

When you are sad, you can come to me. I will give you glitter, ponies, and chocolate. :D Is much better than this thread! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Hey, I did not recommend a bad addon I use it all the time I really don't see how it is "Bad".
I did not tell the new players they needed to play a druid I recommended it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You are level 80, what can you possibly know about what's gonna work end game? Healium is god awful. There is a reason no serious healer ever would recommend that addon, that it's still being maintained is probably an attempt at trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hey, I did not recommend a bad addon I use it all the time I really don't see how it is "Bad".
I did not tell the new players they needed to play a druid I recommended it.

While I, like the others in this thread, are happy you are happy with healium, recommending it for new healers is a disservice to them. Healium is not the best addon for new healers, and is arguably not in the top 5 for experienced healers (that is another topic). New healers should get suggestions for simple, easy to work with, clean addons. Healium is none of these. Not to say it does not have merit. I have played around with it, and see the appeal, but wouldn't recommend it.

While you may have corrected yourself, in follow up posts, the fact that you came out of the gate with that whole "disc priest or resto druid" isn't a recommendation. Yes, the sentence has the word recommend in it, but your wording screams "if you are not one of these two, you will be a bad healer". If you cannot see that glaring error, I strongly suggest you spend some time reading other, more popular guides, and see the difference. Good guides give thoughts on all sides of the choice, not just focus on two.

Enjoy.
Edited by Vear on 7/14/2013 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]