Stealth nerf on Lesser charms?

30 Dwarf Hunter
I don't think it's bad luck because I noticed this over about 30 pet battles in the vale against level 25 critters. Lesser charms of good fortune are not dropping anywhere near where they were yesterday. In said 30 battles I got 8 charms. Normally I'd get 3-6 per battle.

Anyone else notice this? I haven't seen a post.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Well, they're putting them in the in-game store. Can't have them dropping off everything like before! :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I haven't seen a post.

Because it is random. It will even out. It becomes more glaring if you had a particualary good day prior which it sounds like you did. It is both not as good as it was yesterday nor as bad as it seemed today. The truth is in the middle.

Well, they're putting them in the in-game store. Can't have them dropping off everything like before! :P

I have read this in the mega thread in general about 4 times today. While it seems cute to say it starts losing its lol factor quickly.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter
07/09/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Hearus
I haven't seen a post.

Because it is random. It will even out. It becomes more glaring if you had a particualary good day prior which it sounds like you did. It is both not as good as it was yesterday nor as bad as it seemed today. The truth is in the middle.

I have read this in the mega thread in general about 4 times today. While it seems cute to say it starts losing its lol factor quickly.

I do a lot of pet battling over three toons to get lesser charms. Since I made my last post I've done about 70 or so more battles. It has not evened out. I'll get 2 or 6 and then I can go 8 or nine battles without seeing any drop. I used to get them each time or every other at the least. I think they flat out nerfed it. On two of my characters I could care less. On the other one I care because I don't have a 1000 stockpiled.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I do a lot of pet battling over three toons to get lesser charms. Since I made my last post I've done about 70 or so more battles. It has not evened out. I'll get 2 or 6 and then I can go 8 or nine battles without seeing any drop. I used to get them each time or every other at the least. I think they flat out nerfed it. On two of my characters I could care less. On the other one I care because I don't have a 1000 stockpiled.

The average over a large window tends to be 1.25-1.5 per battle. If you feel like tracking it let me know if it is off. I will start tracking again if so.
Edited by Hearus on 7/9/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter
07/09/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Hearus

The average over a large window tends to be 1.25-1.5 per battle. If you feel like tracking it let me know if it is off. I will start tracking again if so.

The RNG is the RNG. However in your course of pet battles if you start to notice it, and you know I noticed it and some other people chime in and say they aren't getting them either...

I just know I started with 2 and after about an hour and a half the 30 I did before and the 70 I did after I finally got my 50. That was way off the past few months pace on all my toons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
07/09/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Rukk

The RNG is the RNG. However in your course of pet battles if you start to notice it, and you know I noticed it and some other people chime in and say they aren't getting them either...

I just know I started with 2 and after about an hour and a half the 30 I did before and the 70 I did after I finally got my 50. That was way off the past few months pace on all my toons.

Confirmation bias is far from facts.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter

I wholeheartedly agree. If you should do 100 pet battles and come up with less lesser charms than you are used to getting please remember this conversation. That's it. In my experience Blizzard has a nasty habit of changing the rules without letting us know.
Edited by Rukk on 7/9/2013 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB

I wholeheartedly agree. If you should do 100 pet battles and come up with less lesser charms than you are used to getting please remember this conversation. That's it. In my experience Blizzard has a nasty habit of changing the rules without letting us know.

Yea someday I will do as many pet battles as you and understand how the game works better. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter

Yea someday I will do as many pet battles as you and understand how the game works better. Thanks for the heads up.

And someday I hope to be as warm and friendly as you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
I haven't done much grinding lately, but I haven't noticed any change with the few hours I have done it.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter
I haven't done much grinding lately, but I haven't noticed any change with the few hours I have done it.

Thank you. I think I may have had an unusually long bad luck streak with the RNG last night.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I have not noticed any change. Im still swimming in lesser charms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have not noticed any change. Im still swimming in lesser charms.

Drowning is more like it -.-
Reply Quote
95 Human Death Knight
I came to the forums just about to ask this... but I see that "priest" is already ON THE BALL WITH HIS AWESOME IDEAS.

Anyway, I do pet battles on alts (about 8 different alts on two servers) for charms. I thought maybe it had to do with the level requirement since I use pet battles in Pandaria to power level lower pets, but no, I get them when I have low level pets in a battle.

However, last week, coins were dropping every other fight - anywhere from 1-6 coins.
This week, I've been fighting to get maybe a handful. Right now I'm on my hunter did about 30 battles and I got 3 from one battle yesterday (out of 10) and I got 2 coins, just now, out of about 20 battles.

There was probably some kind of nerf.... or RNG was really good to me last week on ALL 8 CHARACTERS. That logic seems less acceptable than the explanation I'm offering now.

And please, captain-useless, don't respond to my post. I don't want your taint on it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Can't say I've noticed this, but then I have more than I can ever spend this expac already so I stopped keeping track.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I came to the forums just about to ask this... but I see that "priest" is already ON THE BALL WITH HIS AWESOME IDEAS.

Anyway, I do pet battles on alts (about 8 different alts on two servers) for charms. I thought maybe it had to do with the level requirement since I use pet battles in Pandaria to power level lower pets, but no, I get them when I have low level pets in a battle.

However, last week, coins were dropping every other fight - anywhere from 1-6 coins.
This week, I've been fighting to get maybe a handful. Right now I'm on my hunter did about 30 battles and I got 3 from one battle yesterday (out of 10) and I got 2 coins, just now, out of about 20 battles.

There was probably some kind of nerf.... or RNG was really good to me last week on ALL 8 CHARACTERS. That logic seems less acceptable than the explanation I'm offering now.

And please, captain-useless, don't respond to my post. I don't want your taint on it.

No such luck. You get that super easy to get screen shot of a 100% move missing that happens all the time yet? I have been waiting awhile now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
07/10/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Rukk

Thank you. I think I may have had an unusually long bad luck streak with the RNG last night.

How odd that was what I told you in the first place.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter
07/10/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Hearus

How odd that was what I told you in the first place.

Umm no you are not correct. After another hour of pet battle grinding they are not dropping like they were before Tuesday. I'm getting a charm drop one out of every 4-5 fights. You may not have my log. Get your own. This is fact.

They nerfed it.
Reply Quote
30 Dwarf Hunter

After further observation the priest who shant be named is the happiest man on the pet forum and anything he says to me will be ignored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]