Open Libram LXXXVI: Hero of the Day

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Asian countries are really nice to travel to and everything tends to be cheaper after the currency conversion. Whenever we go to China (which i really recommend everyone from the Libram do) everything usually costs less than 5 dollar american lol. Biggest rule of thumb for traveling; avoid tourist traps unless it's something absolutely unavoidable.
Or you'll be like me, and craft a 502 one over a month and get a better one the next day.

Yes, though the amount of Hit and Expertise on this one made it an annoying upgrade - I'm now way over cap.

On the topic of the new patch, I'm not keen on this change to Seal of Insight and the Glyph of Battle Healer. In the first case, well Paladins were the original 'melee healers' and this change effectively completely removes this from Holy. I was not a fan of this when it was required for successful healing, but the solution isn't to remove the option but to change it so that like Mistweavers it's a choice of style. In the second case, I feel that Retribution's option to do a bit of splash healing in an emergency has been gutted as a side-effect of hitting Protection on the head with the nerf-bat.

also having bats kited by a monk with no gems or enchants in his gear is kind of proof of how op monks are on that fight, bats were formerly kited by a monk wearing blues.

Normal Tortos is kicking our butts. However, we have a DPS monk so maybe we can have him do this rather than using a conventional tank. Make him suffer for his absurdly high DPS. If WW monks are under-powered, you can't tell it from our raid - the monk is easily the highest AoE DPS, snap and sustained, and usually the highest single-target DPS as well and they aren't the best geared either - most telling is that the player has always used a warrior to raid with, come Hell or high water, and now he's swapped, apparently for the foreseeable future.

they really need to look at disc priests.....
Our GM/RL runs a Disc Priest, and she is usually about half of the healing from a three-healer group, and on two-healer fights is about equal to the second healer plus the utterly OP pally tank. I remember her complaining about how hard she was finding one of the fights in Fear, and about Tsulong, and looking at the numbers and finding that her output was only 'somewhat' higher than everyone else's. Now, to be fair, right now the other healers are Shamans, a Holy Priest, or an undergeared Holy Paladin, but still (we greatly miss our MW Monk - they were really good). Of course, Shamans are getting a buff - to 25-man raid healing (you know - the thing that they're best at).
100 Human Paladin
Thunderforged Feather of Ji-Kun dropped last night...

Went to my Blood DK co-tank (was on my BrM Monk).

I see one more Vanq token drop and I may have to slap a small animal...

One healer was having horrendous internet issues, we pretty much 9 manned the first three bosses in 10N ToT (Holy Paladin [who made out like a bandit with four loot upgrades in one night] and a Resto Druid).

Odd night, but fun!
100 Human Paladin
Got a TF Heroic spark to drop last night, didnt feel right rolling on it though as i just got a regular heroic spark last week

Wish some more of those shared loot 2 handers would drop though, we're not killing any heroic bosses that drop 2 handers yet
93 Dwarf Paladin
So what the hell was with the forums just now? Went to the movies this morning, been out of the loop since 10am.
100 Human Paladin
Errors
93 Dwarf Paladin
Clearly. Any source determined? All I got was the usual Maintenance Day linking to Twitter, which gave no useful information.
100 Human Paladin
Something on their end, nothing specific
100 Human Paladin

also having bats kited by a monk with no gems or enchants in his gear is kind of proof of how op monks are on that fight, bats were formerly kited by a monk wearing blues.

Normal Tortos is kicking our butts. However, we have a DPS monk so maybe we can have him do this rather than using a conventional tank. Make him suffer for his absurdly high DPS. If WW monks are under-powered, you can't tell it from our raid - the monk is easily the highest AoE DPS, snap and sustained, and usually the highest single-target DPS as well and they aren't the best geared either - most telling is that the player has always used a warrior to raid with, come Hell or high water, and now he's swapped, apparently for the foreseeable future.

I'm seriously considering running my monk next expac for PvE, it's a super fun class to dps with and I can vicariously live my dream of being a martial arts hero that way. ;p
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Something they broke Tuesday and didn't actually fix, it was broken yesterday morning and last night too.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Meh. Blizz-ness as usual, I s'pose.

Anyway, still not sure where to spend my coins this week. Considering Meg, still, to try for a Frozen Hells, bank one for Lei Shen's Uroe (curse you, foul hit sword!) but not sure on the third. TF Spark pretty much kills any desire for Primo's trink, unless he happens to drop a TF version, but I don't want to gamble a coin on that.
100 Draenei Paladin
Stupid forums with their stupid errors.

Their individual feelings shouldn't ruin an entire teams desire to raid...

People aren't really too up in arms about it because our progression is essentially done for this Tier, we're not a Heroic guild so any Heroic kills we manage are just a bonus.

But yeah, this is the second time it's happened and it's gonna stop.

07/11/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Muletia
3 of us (all officers, 1 was the guild and raid leader too) all decided to stop at the same time.

Ouchies, that's a lot of important personnel to loose all at once.

I'm hoping that Virtual Realm thing works out for next patch so if something like that happens to my guild in the future I actually have somewhere to go.

07/11/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Snozberries
But he's flirting with that line very closely.

In away evil really is a point of view. From his perspective, which is still a young and immature perspective, he's trying to unite a bunch of bickering fools so the entire planet won't fall to the Legion.

I believe in his sincerity there, he really wants to save Azeroth.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/11/2013 2:31 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
His intentions are noble, the whole playing both sides usually doesnt work out though.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Not if your playing both sides to make them one, no; if you play both sides to destroy each and create something new, Palpatine's the guy to call for advice.
100 Draenei Paladin
Not saying the way he's going about it is the right way, bro should go hook up with Velen (hah Draenei getting story), but I understand it.

I hope Blizzard doesn't set him up to drop purples, his last line indicates he might. Uncle Sabellian should come back and smack some sense into the whelp.

Although I imagine Blizzard has forgotten Sabellian at this point.

I do find Wrathion's arrogance hilarious. For starters without us the Adventurer he wouldn't exist since we along with that poor Red saved his egg. Really you'd think he'd be more thankful to the Reds, you can't blame them for keeping him so restricted what with the Blacks history and them not being sure if he would remain uncorrupted.

Then he's always boasting about how superior he is, I just want to say "Boy do you know how many full grown Dragons I've killed? I bet you would make a nice hat." XD

But he is a kid really so again it's understandable how he behaves.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/11/2013 2:55 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The road to hell, and so forth.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]