[H] Casual Raiding - Sunday nights only

100 Troll Mage
I've done it all in WoW PvE wise ... been on the bleeding edge of content for several expansions, guild and raid lead a 4 night a week top 10 Oceanic guild and have been playing since open WoW Beta. I live by the catchcry "WoW peaked at Mu'ru and has done downhill ever since".

But that is not what I want from the game anymore.

I want to clear content - as far from the bleeding edge as I can. But I want to clear it, all of it, finish off all the achievements and meta mounts, including heroic modes.

I want to start back in MSV and clear that place, normal and heroic, and move up from there.

All one night a week - Sunday nights, 1930-2330 server time.

I don't care how long it takes, but I need at least 9 other people to do it with me.

If you are interested, hit me up in-game or via our guild forums:

www.endlessfury.guildlaunch.com

This will be a work in progress and will be updated regularly. I have developed this off my own back from my ideas, thoughts and dreams for the guild and where I want to take it ... but once we get a team together, this will be co-development with the members. It will provide a clear direction on where we want to take the guild, what we want to accomplish and how we plan on doing it.

Vision
To have a full team of friendly and capable players to be able to complete all raid content at our own pace - one night a week on a Sunday evening, 1930-2230 server time.

Mission
To complete ALL raid content available, including heroic modes and meta achievements for mounts/titles - starting back in Tier 14 (MSV, HoF, ToES) before moving onto Tier 15 (ToT) and so on.
There will be some heroic mode encounters that will be beyond our capabilities, but skipping anything will have to be thought through and we will more than likely come back to it once we outgear it or Blizzard nerfs it in later patches (as they always do).

Strategy
Biggest hurdle we face in the setup is gathering numbers first, and the right people. I have a thread in the realm forums I keep up the top and have macro's which I hit whenever I am in a major city to see who is interested but apart from that, I do not know of any other way to get the word out.
I do not expect everyone to be in-guild in the early days. People are unwilling to jump guilds on a whim and it would be unrealistic to expect people to do so until we prove we can put this together and make it viable.
We will also need to PuG some in the early days - particularly tanks and healers as at the moment the only interest I have gotten is from one healer. This means people are also going to have to be patient. PuGs are hard to manage, so are people with limited raid experience.
Edited by Xeî on 7/19/2013 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
The "i" in Xei is alt+140

The "E" in Endless is alt+144
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Paranoia consists of members from the former Nex Mortis guild, who wanted to clear content...but to do it in a less frantic/hardcore manner. It sounds like we have the same ideals when it comes to raiding.

We're finishing up our last spots in the roster (need 1 tank, 1 heal, 1 dps) and would love to have a chat with you.

You can reach out to me at JonoSorum#2445
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Yeah, I saw your post on the forums ... but I am only interested in one night a week as, well, as this stage in my life there are about 10 trillion things more important than WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
hi there just saw your post i am interested in raiding i recently transferred to saurfang after being on a us servers for the last 4 years. i can only make Sunday because of real life commitments i am currently 500 elemental 496 enhance shaman. just send me a message on this post look forward to hearing from you
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
hi there just saw your post i am interested in raiding i recently transferred to saurfang after being on a us servers for the last 4 years. i can only make Sunday because of real life commitments i am currently 500 elemental 496 enhance shaman. just send me a message on this post look forward to hearing from you

Sounds good, I will chat to you Sunday night :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Surely there has to be a plethora of people who want to try out raiding at the extremely casual pace of one night a week for a few hours - sort of like a WoW Sunday session!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
this is a great chance for those that want a fresh chance to get in on a consistant, casual raid group.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
It's really hard to get something like this off the ground these days, but I am 100% committed.

If I can manage to get 6-7 people then PuG some for a few weeks until I gather enough interest to fill an entire raid team then I will do just that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Very interested but gearing up very slowly (ilvl of 461 at the moment...) Would that be a problem??
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Probably not as I am no fool ... it will take quite a few weeks for us to gather enough interested people to be able to pull this off.

Probably looking around ilvl 480 or so to make sure we can cruise through fast - one or two weeks more of LFR and you should hit that pretty easy. Just make sure your gems+enchants are good to go and hit/expertise cap etc.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I will be online Sunday night as I am every Sunday - will see if I can catch you online then if you want to discuss anything with me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Sounds good, thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Sounds good, thanks!

:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi Xei - spoke to you on my DK earlier tonight. I would love to join group and happy to heal on this toon.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Ok, I think I added you as RealID friend didn't I? If not, head over to the forums and sign up for an account there as we will keep in touch with all interested parties there.

Our first raid was a success, with a pretty easy clear of MSV on 10 man normal. No wipes until final boss as the tanks were relatively new and had to learn the "dance".

But was a great night and looking forward to next week.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
All keen and ready to go for this Sunday night - hoping for a HoF clear after last weeks MSV clear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
bumpity. will be transferring over this saturday evening.

although my ilvl progression has halted someone for this week. still tankable though :D

interest is coming along nicely xei
Edited by Philjay on 7/26/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Online now if anyone wanted to contact me.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Managed to do 3/6 HoF last night - Garalon gave us a little trouble with execution but that is to be expected with a new raid group with varying levels of raiding experience.

A lot of us will be unavailable next Sunday so are taking a week off but will be back into it Sunday 11Aug13 at 7:30pm server time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]