HS and Glyph of Illumination in 5.4

90 Blood Elf Paladin
since blizz feels that we needed more crit with our HS, I was wondering if the glyph of illumination would be viable since they're messing with our mastery.

In 5.4 SW is giving us 20% crit with shock, and with its base 25% chance to crit, would that glyph be viable? I'm not really having mana issues unless I'm spamming the !@#$ out of my big heals. In essence you could get above 60% crit easily, with shock with it being on a 3 sec cd. in essence that could be a decent amount of regen from spamming shock and 1-2 HP WoG's or EFs. sure the mastery proc on the ticks wouldnt work at all, but it is a semi-efficient hot and the heal is alright for its no mana cost.

currently im reforged for crit to try this out, and im at 516 ilvl, so im fairly geared. i have 20% crit, 22% mastery, and 19% haste. in combat regen is 11k, but i have spirit proc trinkets. ran an instance (gate of the setting sun) and used shock to heal 62 times and it crit 32 times. offensively i used it 18 times and it crit 9 times so a little over 50% from healing and 50% from damaging, pre SW buff. Couldnt really say how it was effecting my mana regen because my tank was fairly geared. Were this a harder heal, i could have had better info. gonna try an LFR in a bit to see how well it works prebuff.

tl;dr: will the glyph work in 5.4 with a crit build?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It works now. I messed with a high crit build and in my meh gear it still was mana positive. I was running with 31%crit unbuffed. With the IoL change next tier it will be pretty good, especially if EF stays as it is now on the ptr.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]