Passes not breaking a stun?

80 Night Elf Druid
Yesterday I faced a curious wolvar pup team on two consecutive occasions and my pass did not break the stun when the snap-trap procced.

Today I faced a lil ragnaros team and the same thing happenned when his magma trap procced.

I've played thousands of pvp matches and have always passed if I have a hard counter or am just way ahead in the match. And it's always broken the stun.

Anyone else notice this?

ty
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Passing has never had any effect on stuns. <.<

Passing doesn't do anything but skip your current turn.

If you pass on the round that the trap proc'd, you will still be stunned for the following round, because that is how stuns work.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Passing has never had any effect on stuns. <.<

Passing doesn't do anything but skip your current turn.

If you pass on the round that the trap proc'd, you will still be stunned for the following round, because that is how stuns work.

No....it always has.

Suppose you're stunned on round one. Okay, that's your turn.

Round two you have the option of passing or swapping. A swap breaks your stun, loses your turn and you bring in a backline pet. Passing loses your turn and you keep your current pet.

Round three you are free to use abilities on swapped-in pet or passed pet.

After I posted this I went and did the dmf pet daily and purposely passed on the monkey's stun and was free to use abilities on the next round.

All the abilities that are outright stuns or have procs to stun clearly say in the tooltip "will be stunned for one round." Passing on that round has always broken the stun.

Other examples of passable stuns : major payne's bear, mini tyrael, water spirit geyser, menagerie custodian shock and awe proc, earth spirit/anub idol's rupture proc. etc etc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I think you're looking way too much into this.

When you're stunned, you can swap pets, or pass.

There is no difference in the next turn, other than what pet you are using.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Round two you have the option of passing or swapping. A swap breaks your stun, loses your turn and you bring in a backline pet. Passing loses your turn and you keep your current pet.

Swapping doesn't "break your stun", your pet is still stunned for the round. You just swapped to a pet that isn't stunned.

Passing does lose your turn, but it wouldn't have mattered because you were stunned for that round anyway.

I think what you're seeing has to do more w/ pet speed than the stun itself.

Take your example about the Darkmoon Monkey. If the Monkey was slower than your pet, then you would have already gotten to go in the round that you were stunned.

If your pet was slower than the monkey, you would have been stunned for that round (unable to act) and then also for the following round.

In your example about Magma Trap / Snap Trap, I'm assuming that the pet you were using was faster than the trap using pets (very likely in the case of Magma Trap), meaning that your pet was stunned when you tried to attack and then ate an attack.

On the following round, you continued to be stunned as normal, eating another attack.

Again, passing has absolutely nothing to do w/ "breaking stuns" and never has. You can argue that fact all you like, but that is nothing more than a bit of confusion over the stun mechanics on your part.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]