Celestial Blessings - Melee DPS Challenge

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
for anyone who is stuck on this legendary quest for the ilvl600 cloak and has subpar/low DPS as Ret pally:

1 skill you will need to save your !@#:

Repentance.

BUT FIST OF JUSTICE IS FASTER CD and you can stun lock!!
Wrong.
Repentance has longer CC duration and is spammable provided the CD is up.

After 100 tries and wiping with messing around glyphs / talent trees, Repentance with any misc. tree will get it done.

It will
1.) Deny Casting of Images
2.) Pacify Wrathion while you deal with the blood spawns
3.) Make everything easier

You can do brute force flask/food/pots and beast it sure, but this is more for the LFR geared/undergeared who don't do ToT norm or Heroic or have Tforged gear.

Cast Repentance when:
1.) Bloods spawn - so you can get rid of them before Wrathion casts anything to hinder you
2.) Wrathion begins to spawn images - you can essentially chain Hammer of Justice with Repentance for good effect.
3.) Wrathion begins to spawn images AND Blood trash spawns.

Repentance is spammable, provided the CD is up, and you can keep Wrathion perma locked till ur comfortable with your current situation; i.e. Blood Trash Down, you're healed up, etc.

good luck.
Edited by Bowlingbash on 7/9/2013 4:31 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had a few wipes, however I realised it was pretty much easy once you got past the first blood spawns. when those bloods spawn, swap to Seal of righteousness and go aoe hard on them. The longer they are up the longer the stronger they will become, so do not kite them!
90 Draenei Paladin
Anyone getting the cloak shouldn't have a problem with dps.
90 Human Paladin
@Covahredro

yes it's the full minute - treats Wrathion as a PVE, not PVP mechanic.

and it can be refreshed.

it is still possible to just brute force it with pre pot, flask, +300 str food without thunderforged gear, just have to time the stuns prior to images and aoe the bloods down fast.
100 Human Paladin
I'm not on the quest yet, but i'm 11/20 tomes then i still need the 8 for the cloak.

Think by the time i get the 20/20 and 8/8 i'll be able to just face smash it?
93 Dwarf Paladin
...8/8 what? After the 20 Secrets, you need 12 Runestones.
100 Draenei Paladin
Thanks for the tip.

I'll probably just brute force it myself when I finally get my last three runestones but still good to know.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this fight its so ez pop cds and gg
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wipe 6 times and decided to do the healing challenge which I got at 2nd try w/o dying on the 1st try.
Edited by Stríkè on 7/10/2013 8:23 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
...8/8 what? After the 20 Secrets, you need 12 Runestones.

Then i mean 12/12...
100 Human Paladin
blizz can keep the cloak 523 Ret. Pally and after 50 wipes and loss of hair i give. I know my toon and have read all the threads and u-tube vids. It must come down to some luck if ya ask me. Ok im done whining and moving on.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Get a sword 'n' board and go do the tank challenge instead. You can get one of the Shado-Pan dudes from the dailies to help.

Also, looking at your LFR kills, why the hell are you still gemming with a strength-bias and not have your 4pT15? I can forgive the gemming, as that's a relatively minor difference, but please for the love of the Light do not tell me you skipped your set bonuses in favor of higher level pieces - 'cause, if so, you don't deserve the cloak.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 7/17/2013 3:53 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I didn't even LoH, but I was looking at my health bar wondering if I should, and I don't have thrilling gear.

I went in so blind I thought that Xuen was the tank challenge, and just spanked it like a bad gnome. Built guardian, CDs, hoj, got behind him and took off the bulk of his life in the stun and his cast after. I didn't even notice the first wave of adds.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
>.> Yes. You can even blinding light him, he's fully CCable, and it gives a huge burst window.

You can also aoe the bloods and be like http://i.imgur.com/mDV38cT.jpg

I still don't know what they do, but I've had a bunch of people tell me they're scary.
90 Draenei Paladin
>.> Yes. You can even blinding light him, he's fully CCable, and it gives a huge burst window.

You can also aoe the bloods and be like http://i.imgur.com/mDV38cT.jpg

I still don't know what they do, but I've had a bunch of people tell me they're scary.

They hit for about 40k each. And if you have your cds going they are just easier to aoe down while focusing on Wrathion.
100 Human Paladin
The tank trial is another alternative to the melee dps trial.
It is very easy to tank the trial, even with dps gear.
82 Human Death Knight
I need help with this. I can't make repentance make him not cast the images. What's more, even when I got a repentance in while images were up, he goes to cast them right away again, much too fast for another repentance. While images are up, repentance only seems to dispel one of the images, and the rest stay around and wait to blow up. No matter what I do, I can't seem to survive a round of mirror image. I get the feeling that if I could simply survive mirror image, I might have a chance to win.

Even when I try to do mirror image normally, it never seems to let me hit the correct image 3 times in a row without images exploding. When I survive the image exploding, you'd think I'd be in the clear, all the rest of the images stick around and explode too. There's no way to hide from the damage, and I can't self heal through it when it keeps exploding. What the heck do I have to do to survive a round of mirror image. Please help me anyone!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]