Holy Pally MoP Lvln

90 Undead Rogue
I am lvling my Holy pally through MoP content. Is it feasible to stay Holy for quests or is it necessary to run Ret for questing?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Holy does great single-target damage and (obviously) has very good self-healing, but you're basically limited to burning mobs one-by-one. Ret is the most effective way to level a Paladin unless you feel like dungeon grinding.

I leveled at the beginning of the expansion as Prot, and in retrospect I should've gone Ret. That being said, I think it would've been easier if it wasn't during the huge rush to level and with the benefit of knowing what quests to do for non-sucky weapons (I think I was using a 403 Souldrinker until level 89? ugh). Prot is still gonna do really poor damage without Vengeance so it's really far from ideal for questing, but it works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Necessary to run Ret for questing? No

Highly recommended? Yes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
How do you/did you guys turn in quests? As holy and just use random ret gear or what?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]