Direhorns and Imps

90 Draenei Shaman
Is there a solid team for beating 2 imps and a direhorn, or a direhorn, and imp, and a third strong pet?

I broke down and made a mirror team to beat the guy who was fielding that team, but it made me sad. The imps aren't that bad really, but is there any pet out there that absolutely destroys direhorns? I'd like the start making people regret bringing them.

Maybe a really, really fast mech of some sort, or one of the two mechs with decoy?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
There have been a few threads recently about teams to counter the imps/direhorns, you could look at some of the suggestions in this thread for ideas: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423382730
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Is there a solid team for beating 2 imps and a direhorn, or a direhorn, and imp, and a third strong pet?

I broke down and made a mirror team to beat the guy who was fielding that team, but it made me sad. The imps aren't that bad really, but is there any pet out there that absolutely destroys direhorns? I'd like the start making people regret bringing them.

Maybe a really, really fast mech of some sort, or one of the two mechs with decoy?

I'd stay away from mechs with 2 imps in their lineup, burn will eat them up fast. If they're using imps, they're using immolation right? Get a sandstorm pet out there and that should pretty well neutralize immolation damage, if you run demolish on an idol that can help beat down the direhorns too, but that's a bit risky with such low accuracy. For the direhorns I think a non mechanical pet with mech moves would work, so imps won't burn it too fast, or a flying type since they are resistant to all direhorn attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You might consider something like:
Fossilized Hatchling (Bone Bite, Ancient Blessing, Bone Prison)
Spirit Crab (Snap, Whirlpool, Shell Shield)
Mr. Bigglesworth (Claw, Frost Nova, Howling Blast)

As a comp, it has huge holes in it. But it should beat Direhorns/Imps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
You might consider something like:
Fossilized Hatchling (Bone Bite, Ancient Blessing, Bone Prison)
Spirit Crab (Snap, Whirlpool, Shell Shield)
Mr. Bigglesworth (Claw, Frost Nova, Howling Blast)

As a comp, it has huge holes in it. But it should beat Direhorns/Imps.

I have seen a few with something similar but with bone spider in where the hatchling is.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Try the Darkmoon Tonk. Minefield is very annoying to imp teams and he will trash the Direhorns. I like to Drop Mines, Rocket, Ion Canon against Direhorns. It's delicious. I even do it early in the fight sometimes depending on the comp. Some people see their Direhorn go down on turn 3 and they resign.

If you bring a Snail with Shell Shield and Absorb, the Imp is completely screwed. If you spam absorb, you will demolish him and heal up and take almost no damage.
Reply Quote
Anything with Ion Cannon and 2 undead. Like Styg, I very much enjoy using Ion Cannon on the direhorns.

Or, as has been mentioned, Sandstorm and/or shields. If the Imp can't hit you he also can't heal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]