<-- one happy Shaman

99 Troll Shaman
Those 5.4 buffs are all I wanted, and more. Spread healing capabilities are now improved in several ways, chain heal is now useful, talent choices are now a little tougher, and the icing on the cake is baseline HTT, giving us a brand new talent tier. Rushing streams looks cool, but I'm just as excited that I can finally try the other two.

It's only a shame developers didn't have the foresight to address our issues before the final raid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The chain heal change is pretty big but I'm not surprised. I think that's ~58% increase in healing for it.

I also wish 5.4 genesis and mushrooms were here earlier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/10/2013 04:10 AMPosted by Stratas
genesis

Genesis isn't even that great compared to the nerfs to shrooms
Edited by Suplift on 7/10/2013 5:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
07/10/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Suplift
genesis

Genesis isn't even that great compared to the nerfs to shrooms

It will have some uses (would have been nice for ji-kun). I understand that it's really not that great and probably won't help do much more then get us an extra tick before it goes into overheal. I think the biggest complaint I have with it so far is that as far as I'm aware you lose your change to get a critical heal on ticks. So no crit on genesis rejuvs or new mushroom? They are really trying to devalue crit even more for druids but at least they designed our 4p around living seed!!

Mushroom will be weaker on stack fights that you can preplace but they will be a bit more useful on other fights. I understand that they had to make them weaker and increase the charge time but why did they need to remove the chance to crit if there is only one mushroom?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I understand that they had to make them weaker and increase the charge time but why did they need to remove the chance to crit if there is only one mushroom?

Just because with only 1 mushroom and how easy they will be able to charge, they would be very overpowered if they could still crit for as much as they do currently. It's basically a QoL change which overall is hard to say will come out positive or negative. Everything considered we will be very strong next tier though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
07/10/2013 03:41 AMPosted by Kuwilei
Spread healing capabilities are now improved in several ways, chain heal is now useful,

Chain heal is still limited to 12.5 yards ....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Spread healing capabilities are now improved in several ways

Really?

Several, you mean like more than one?
Reply Quote
99 Troll Shaman
07/10/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Dreamling
Spread healing capabilities are now improved in several ways, chain heal is now useful,

Chain heal is still limited to 12.5 yards ....

Those were 2 separate statements, not really saying CH is helping our spread.

07/10/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Abathur
Spread healing capabilities are now improved in several ways

Really?

HR radius increase is only 2 yards, but in total area, this is going from 314 to 452 square yards area of effect, that is something like a 45% buff. Glyph of Riptide is less useless (though I most likely will still not use it, I may consider it depending on fights) CH glyph change helps. Lots of little buffs to spread. If you disagree I will still let you QQ though, not trying to take anything away from you.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The chain heal change is pretty big but I'm not surprised. I think that's ~58% increase in healing for it.

I also wish 5.4 genesis and mushrooms were here earlier.

why?

Druids are being hugely nerfed from live. Almost entirely because of how terrible mushrooms are compared to live (and LOL set bonuses). Ysera's Gift is nice, but the loss of throughput from mushrooms is pretty big. They are also orders of magnitude CLUNKIER to use. You'd think it would be impossible to take something that required 3 GCDs to set up, change it to 1 GCD, and have it be far more annoying to use. But Blizzard has accomplished this feat!
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
And they didn't "have" to do anything to shrooms. In 10s there are at least two healers clearly much stronger and 25s it's even worse (though if a raid needs a LOL25HEALERCDLOL a Druid can provide one).

Resto Druids in 25m guilds currently should be looking to move to 10s. You will be completely unwanted/sat for all progression. Unless maybe Holy Paladins end up worse but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Turned it from a shaman thread into a druid thread.

Well done.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We need a mage to come in here and complain, thus making the great circle complete.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/10/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Kuwilei

Really?

HR radius increase is only 2 yards, but in total area, this is going from 314 to 452 square yards area of effect, that is something like a 45% buff. Glyph of Riptide is less useless (though I most likely will still not use it, I may consider it depending on fights) CH glyph change helps. Lots of little buffs to spread.

Additionally the talent which replaces HTT (Rushing Winds) is a spread-healing tool.
Reply Quote
79 Undead Mage
Rabble, rabble, rabble.

I complain! You healers are all OP. Nerf you all pls blizz!

Good enough Adun??
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Resto Druids in 25m guilds currently should be looking to move to 10s. You will be completely unwanted/sat for all progression. Unless maybe Holy Paladins end up worse but I wouldn't hold my breath.

AHAHAHAHA....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

I'm going to laugh even harder when Affinitii swaps to his RDruid next patch. :-P
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
He can do whatever he wants. Please explain to me in what universe a Druid will be better (or even remotely close) in a 25man raid. Our only competition for the bottom will be Paladins (maybe).

Our throughput is being lowered from live.

I really doubt he'll end up switching... especially after the 25 testing begins. Druids are more comparable (but still worse) in 10m.

Our only hope is that spirit proc trinkets + new innervate goes live. We might spam our way into viability then (also, being able to drop large amounts of spirit for more mastery and haste breakpoints).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

,d$$"zd$$PF?i<$$$i$$$$c
$$$"d$$$Lh$?CJ$$$$$$$$$$c
`$'cc`$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$r.,
F`,,"?$$$$$$$P",ccc"$$$$$ $$$$c
,'/"`"J$$$$$$",;,,"$L?$$$$`$$$$$
.$b,_,c$$$$$$'/"`?$c $ $$$FJ$$$$"
)$$P:-`?????'. ?".? "",,`"?"
.,."$$$$c,,,,,c$$$bcc-,z$$$$$$$$,
,c$$$$$$c`?$$????$$$$$$",$$$$$$$$$P",
,$$$$$$$$$$$,";chhc;$F"`"<c,"??"',cc,$$
`$$$$$$$$$$$$ ?$$$$$ ,!!!<$"d$$>$$$$>P"
4,"?$$$$$$P""d ,,"""".'''."-3$$L<$$F,;!
`$$`cccc,<$$$'J$$$$ !!!!!!!'---->;;!!
"-$$$$P`??",$$$$$P';;;;!!!!!!!!!!!
<>;;;;<!!',$$$$$$L'!!!!'''''<!!!!!
((,;;;!:<$$$$$$$$$c;;;!!!!!!!!!!!
`!!''''' d$$$$$$$$??cccc ccccc`!!!>
::!!!! $$$$$$",cchhhc`"J$$$$$ !!!!;
z4$ $e ,ccc,``',d,c cb-,"?$$$$$$c`$$$$$ <!!!!>
$$4$L"??, 4$$$$$.i? $$'$P,$$,?$$$$$$$$$$$F `!!!!!
)P.,c$$$c?c"$$$FJ$,b`P-?,$$P" $$$$$$$$$$$ ``'!!!,
".$$$$$$$,"c?$$F<$$ cd$$$c c$>$$$$$$$$$$P `<!!!;,
"$$$$$$$ $ $$$<$$,?$$$$$;?$b?$$$$$$$$$' `!!!!>
"$$$$$ $ $$$.?$$,?$$$$F<$$<$$$$$$$$F `!!!!!;,
`$$$$,$ $$$>,"?? $$$$F<$$<$$$$$$F `!!!!!!>;,
?$$$ $P" `!!!!>?$$$>d$P<$$P" <!!!!!!!>;,
"$"." `!!!>`$$$,$$',ccr" `!!!!!!!!!!!>,
!!!;<$$'dF $$F <!!!!!!!!!!!!;
!!!!,` " $F `!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!> $ `<!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!! ` ..nnnMMhnnr.dz.- !><!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!! )MP"',,`"?'.,,,. !!,!!!!!!!!!!
<!!!!!!!!!!, .nMMM.$$$$$hh$$$$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!(`!
,!!!!!!!!!!> nMMMMM'?``))"$"``))`?>!!!!!!!!!!!
,,!!!!!!!!!!, """MMMP:-=<))<.,,J;): !!!!!!!!!!
``'!!!!!!!!!! . ,r"',c$c=:::,,`""=: ;!!!!!!!!'
`<!!!!!!!> "MMMMf<$$P""--,c$$$$$$$$F!!!!!!!!!;MMn,
`'!!!!`.MMMMMP .:,cF:: $$$$$$$$$$"!!!!!!!! MMMMM
``! .MMMM c.::':::: $$$$??$$P' !!!!!!!'4MMMML
`'JMMM",c'`:',c`:',$$$",dr"xP,!!!!!!!,MMMMMM
.MMM"c$F,d$$$bc$$P",c$$"dMM !!!!!!! dMMMM4M
M>.""" $$$$$$P",c$$$$F,MMP,!!!!!!!,MMMMM
"M,?$$$ccccccP??",nnnMMMM !!!!!!!>dMMMMM>
)Mn`???????,dMMMMMMMMMP <!!!!!!!'MMMMMMM
MMMMbbnMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!! MMMMMMM
dMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM <!!!!!!!!'JMMMMM>4
4MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMf
`MMM"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"'!!!!!!!!!!,MMMMM'
MM' MMMMMMMMMMMMMMP,u;';!!!!!!!',MMMP)\
MM )MMMMMMMMMMP,"JMM'!!!!!!!! d4MM\ '
,M' ' 4MMM MMf4 MMMMM'!!!!!!!> F4M"
' `MM'i`M ,dMMMMM !!!!!!!!.F"
d`P,M,>dMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!:F
4bnMMMMMMMMMMMMb`!!!!!!!<F
`MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMb`!!!!!!`$
"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,`!!!!! $,
4MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,<!!!!>"$
`TMMMMMMMMMMMMMMx`<!!!,"b
`4MMMMMMMMMMMMMMx`!!!,`b
"TMMMMMMMMMMMMMMn`<!,"?,
"T4MMMMMMMMMMMMx`<!,??>
`"4MMMMMMMMMMM.<!!>>\,
"4MMMMMMMM.`!!!!,"-
"TMMMMMMr`!!!!!!
,4 `."MMMMM.`!!!!!
JP `LTMrTMMMMx`!!!!
z":!>` 4MMMMMMM.`!!!
,P":!!!!, 4MMMMMML)`!!
..,,,,.. z".!!!!!!!, 4MMMMMM`L`!
.,xxxdXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx,,..' !!!!!',z' $'!
.xJXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXhxx,.' ' !
.xxXXYYYYY))))>iiiiiiiii<<<(YYYYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx, b`
..xJXYYCLxxxXXXYYYYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx;((('YYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXxxx,
xXYYY>>YYYY)Ciiiiiiiiiiiiii111<<<<<<YYYYXXXXXXxxx)<YYYYYXXXXXXXXXXX
Edited by Adun on 7/10/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm going to laugh even harder when Affinitii swaps to his RDruid next patch

10 man PTR testing for resto druids =/= 25 resto druids being good.

Besides he's stupid for even considering it. He's not going to have legendary cloak for progression unless he has the luck of a God.

Also druids have been nerfed so far on the ptr. Mushrooms are now harder to stack and heal for less. And they'll probably nerf t15 2 and 4 set for druids because no druid is going to give that up. They'll probably fix these issues by the end of the ptr

He's also started to switch back to his monk for ptr testing which means he's probably sticking to his monk.

That being said. No one is going to sit resto druids next tier, they scale extremely well (they scale better now with innervate buffs). Just because monks are better than druids doesn't mean they're bad.
Edited by Suplift on 7/10/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The problem is not that T15 bonuses are too good. They are vastly inferior to T14. It's just that T16 are a sick joke.

I don't think nerfing T15 really solves the underlying issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]