Corgi thread part 2: CORGI MODEL DATAMINED

100 Gnome Warlock
A new model has been datamined:
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/july/Corgi.jpg

Yeeeeeesss.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I hope this is the same Corgi that appears in the Greench's cave during Winter's Veil. That thing is adorable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
*enters warp speed in chair* WHOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I will get this pet no matter how hard it is to get. and he will forever be on my team no matter what his skill set might be. (my guess is he might have the same skills as Perky Pug.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
WHERE IS MY BEAGLE?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think this pet (if it is a pet anyway) will make Patch 5.4.

It's unlikely any pets will be added after this latest PTR build - we're too close to launch for Blizzard to push PTR content that isn't already developed (they have to localize the pet description into a ton of languages).

We may be looking at Patch 6.0 Corgis.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Death Knight
Don't care when we get them, we're getting Corgis. Eventually. I am a happy Mighella.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
07/09/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Simca
we're too close to launch

I am not sure we're all that close. There's plenty of stuff being added with each build, and there are features that haven't even been tested yet. At this point, I would expect they'll still add whatever they feel like (or don't feel like).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/09/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Chorn
we're too close to launch

I am not sure we're all that close. There's plenty of stuff being added with each build, and there are features that haven't even been tested yet. At this point, I would expect they'll still add whatever they feel like (or don't feel like).

Nothing being added now needs localization. A new model without a pet entry needs localization - that's my concern.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Well, what I was saying was, if the patch were imminent yes that would be a problem. Since I'd be surprised if we saw the patch before the second half of August though, I can't see how they wouldn't have sufficient time to do that -- and that's assuming they haven't all ready started or gotten some of that process done which we have not seen for anything they might be wanting to add.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
We need a Jack Russell model.

I'll pull out the "it's my birthday on Friday" card if I have to.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think this pet (if it is a pet anyway) will make Patch 5.4.

It's unlikely any pets will be added after this latest PTR build - we're too close to launch for Blizzard to push PTR content that isn't already developed (they have to localize the pet description into a ton of languages).

The list that MMO-Champion has posted of new items has 4 or 5 things referencing Greatfather, which I'm guessing means Greatfather Winter. I could see this being this years gift or something that could be in the daily bag.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

The list that MMO-Champion has posted of new items has 4 or 5 things referencing Greatfather, which I'm guessing means Greatfather Winter. I could see this being this years gift or something that could be in the daily bag.

Those are from the new TCG that's re-releasing old TCG loot cards. :)

I dunno if the corgi will be in the patch either but the important thing is that it's in the pipeline.

:') all my hard work...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

What tells you that it's 'close' to launch?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

What tells you that it's 'close' to launch?

Most people don't understand how far out Blizzard works.

All Patch 5.4 content is almost definitely done for their artists, sound designers, etc by now. They're working on the next big thing already. The only people still working on 5.4 are coders fixing bugs or doing last minute implementation of already created assets (this is where the Corgi may still end up making its way into the game if it is a pet) and devs working on class balance.

1 to 1.5 months out is 'last minute' for Blizzard when it comes to patching. IF it makes 5.4 as a Battle Pet it will be because localization was already done and they just were a bit slow on adding in all the completed pieces and tying them together.

However, there is another possibility too - there are "Perky Pug Costumes" datamined at the same time. I wonder if one of them turns your Perky Pug into a Corgi.
Edited by Simca on 7/10/2013 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]