Weapon upgrade

91 Tauren Paladin
Since the RNG Gods have been looking down on me when it comes to weapon drops on LFR, I decided to get rid of my Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion and acquire a crafted 502 2-hander. I gave them a good look and decided that Bloodmoon, Reborn would be the best choice, since it has all that delicious haste and mastery.

Being curious, I decided to check on IcyVeins and AskMrRobot what the BiS 502 weapon would be for a ret paladin, and was a little surprised when I saw that, when it came to the crafted weapons, Lionheart Executioner, Reborn is considered the best choice by both sites.

While I can see why this is a good choice in general, I can't help but wonder why a weapon with hit and expertise as secondary stats would be a better choice when compared with something that has precious haste, since this tier's gear already has us reforging hit/exp into more useful stats (haste, for instance).

(Yes, I know I'm a little under the hit cap, I intend to fix it as soon as possible)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sometimes sites are wrong. Would take haste/mastery over hit/exp all day long. Especially with the rediculous amount of hit gear in ToT.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You should have gotten a Tyrannical 2hander ages ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
hit and expertise would be better if you were starving to hit the cap or something. With the amount of stats on this tier's gear it is unlikely, particularly when helm chest (2 high stat pieces), bis trinket, set gloves, and the most accessible (council) weapon until Lei Shen have hit on them. This is why myself and many other paladins are sitting around 11%+. I got a heroic thunderforge chest off 1st boss (fml) which doesn't help my situation at all. Ideally you get a weapon without hit and either helm/chest offset without hit, and reforge the rest. That's the only way to get under the hit cap to where you can reforge to hit it, rather than being over the hit cap with reforges.

Edit: Also the ring options for this tier are terrible.
Edited by Iltareh on 7/11/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin

I thought about it, but I always felt bad about using PvP gear on PvE, and vice-versa. Also, as anyone can easily see, I'm not into PvP, at all (I mean, just look at it: I'm in a PvP server, on a character that's sitting somewhere around 3 years old, and I don't even have 1500 HKs).

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
Since hit/expertise have higher stat weights than haste/mastery, a BiS list that just gives a weighted total of the stats on an item will indeed list Lionheart above Bloodmoon. And this is accurate: the sword is the better of the two weapons, but only if you need the hit/expertise. In t15 gear, it's much more common to be totally overloaded on hit/expertise instead, which means a hit/expertise weapon isn't very desirable after all.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/11/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Rindfleisch

I thought about it, but I always felt bad about using PvP gear on PvE, and vice-versa. Also, as anyone can easily see, I'm not into PvP, at all (I mean, just look at it: I'm in a PvP server, on a character that's sitting somewhere around 3 years old, and I don't even have 1500 HKs).

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

PvP gear has always been a starting ground for PvE, weapons or other pieces, you wear the best thing you can get, the easiest way to get it. Heck it's been that way since BC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]