Is mana a fixed amount?

99 Pandaren Monk
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I haven't paid much attention to casters since Cata. Is there no way to increase your mana pool anymore? I thought that Int would increase mana. When did this change, or have I always thought wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
300k at level 90, the only exception is if you use the meta gem that gives a paltry +6k. That's new as of MoP, stops the 'int or GTFO' mode of gemming.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
also the Gnome racial, right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
300k at level 90, the only exception is if you use the meta gem that gives a paltry +6k. That's new as of MoP, stops the 'int or GTFO' mode of gemming.

Uh... Nope. GG Blizz we're still gemming INT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Actually, as a monk, he has the exception of taking Ascendance.

But he really shouldn't.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

Except the specs whose secondaries outscale int at 2:1. \o/

... my warlock is still gemming int T_T
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Gnome racial+meta+ascension talent puts you right around 370k (369,445 I think). Also stuff like hymn of hope changes it temporarily.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

True, but you're not gemming Int because it's the best stat for throughput AND regen, which used to be the case.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

True, but you're not gemming Int because it's the best stat for throughput AND regen, which used to be the case.

What's regen?

Is that something we worry about? Huh...

Oh wait, I do when I'm Holy. When i'm any other spec or class, it's a non issue!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

What's regen?

Is that something we worry about? Huh...

Oh wait, I do when I'm Holy. When i'm any other spec or class, it's a non issue!

Yea, I always wondered why they expected us to care about Spirit much when so many healer mechanics prompt you to avoid it.

Shaman do kinda have to worry about Spirit too though (blasted MTT scaling affecting all the things).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Shaman do kinda have to worry about Spirit too though (blasted MTT scaling affecting all the things).

Pshhh, not really. You can do just fine without MTT. GEM INT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/12/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Tiriel

Pshhh, not really. You can do just fine without MTT. GEM INT.

*After your healer team is sporting metas* :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
gem mastery man

int and spirit both are for the weak
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What I never understood was, blizzard wants mana management to be a thing apparently, and for some specs gemming pure int is a throughput stat.

Now, you can go all out spirit and have nice regen but your heals are weaker as a result, and that's really the reason you need that regen. This late in an xpac, why not just gem for pure throughput? Stronger heals = less healing = less mana used...either way, you're not caring about spirit late in the xpac.

I still miss having mana pools affected by int :( I liked having more mana than everyone else
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]