Question about the legendary meta gem

100 Pandaren Monk
Does more haste make it proc more? Because im at the 9k haste bp and on some of the fights according to logs me and our disc priest healer had the almost the same uptime on some fights we had the exact same uptime and he has no haste.Could it be logs making a mistake or is that about right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it works on the ppm system so more haste should theoretically proc it more. Picked a fight from last night and compared our MW against myself

MW: 6320 Haste= 15.5% uptime on 9:19
Pally: 2529 Haste= 12.5% uptime on 9:19
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Oh ok so the longer the fight the more it would show?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With ppm yes. Short fight like normal DA i don't think it would show as much.

Though ppm has it's rng aspects as well.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
A bunch of the trinkets release in ToT use the RPPM system. Your haste rating is part of the equation which determines the proc rate.

The proc rate of some of these trinkets can be spectacular for a haste build, or almost worthless if your spec normally does not value haste and you do not stack it.

It is a "problem" with PPM systems that it can dramatically shift the stat weightings and make you feel like you are missing out on a big DPS or HPS boost by not regearing, regemming, reenchanting and reforging into haste.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
As a shaman, when I did the math for the combined impact of the Legendary Meta and the H-Horridon trinket... I think combined they provided about 1 personal "spirit" worth of regen for every 5 or 6 haste rating I stacked. I forget the number now.

RPPM does some funky things. As a monk I'll bet it is slightly higher since monks can really take advantage of the meta in ways no other healer can.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Only thing that still puzzles me is how me and the disc preist had the exact same uptime according to logs on certain fights.On iron Qon HM mine proc one more time than his.Is it really just rng?On another fight mines proc double what his did.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Only thing that still puzzles me is how me and the disc preist had the exact same uptime according to logs on certain fights.On iron Qon HM mine proc one more time than his.Is it really just rng?On another fight mines proc double what his did.

I'll put it to you this way.

Last night on Heroic Lei Shen, one of our rogues had a 6.5% uptime on Bad Juju, which is one of the RPPM trinkets. He has 12,554 Haste unbuffed, but RNG decided to screw him.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RNG is RNG, so you can't just look at a few isolated instances to compare.

On average, having more haste will net you more procs, though. There's a blue post about how RPPM works here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893549789#1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]