Help Me Perfect My Method

90 Tauren Druid
So I just built a new PC, upgrading from a laptop, and I'm having some trouble getting used to my new keyboard and mouse. I went from my Macbook Pro's keyboard to a generic Microsoft one, and upgraded to my new left-handed Razer Death Adder. And I like it a lot. (And I must say going from low settings to ultra is amazing)

However, between not playing WoW in over a month, and getting used to the new spacing of the keys, I felt like I was very rusty running LFR.

http://youtu.be/5t5GeB3fTaM

Naturally I'll get better with practice, but I feel like I could be doing MUCH better than I am in this gear.

So I'm reaching out to my fellow healers. Was my healing really that bad considering what I just told you?
Edited by Drewthedruid on 7/11/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Bad is subjective. But if you're asking if there's things you could have done better - certainly there are. For example, you should be placing your mushrooms on the opposite stack point AHEAD of time so they are already bloomed when you stack up for rampage, instead of dropping them as the group stacks up( You kind of did this once near the 6 minute mark with 2 of your mushrooms). Also, I can't see when rejuv is on your target with your raid frames? This is something you should definitely look at because if you can't tell how do you know you aren't reapplying it 2-3 times on the same guy thinking "oh he could use a rejuv"? Oh and one last thing I noticed at the end, it doesn't look like you are utilizing clearcasting at all? At the end there is a moment where you have CC up and are spamming nourish on the tank instead of a regrowth which would've been free and got him to full. Nourish is basically useless now a days I would say you should almost never use it.
Edited by Bjpenn on 7/13/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
upgraded to my new left-handed Razer Death Adder

As a leftie who has used a normal mouse-keyboard setup his entire life, the biggest mistake I've ever made was attempting to use a leftie mouse.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
You're too slow. It's like you're hesitating before picking who to heal. At the start of the fight that rogue took a lot of damage but by the time you got round to cast a heal on him he was already full. You should of used your Nature's Swiftness in that situation by instinct. You would know to cast Regrowth when NS is on cd for major damage. What's happening is you're being beaten to the punch.

You're relying a lot on Nourish for what I'm not sure. It's okay and has it's place but not during heavy damage phases. You need to pre hot people going into Rampage. You're waiting for damage and then picking whom to heal. That won't get you very far in a real raid.

You ignored your free Omen of Clarity procs and opted to cast Nourish. You need to fix that.
You sat in Smiftmend when you should of had in on CD. Even during Rampages you opt'd to cast Nourish.

You need to anticipate incoming damage and you the tools available to you to counter it. You need to be more pro-active.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bad is subjective. But if you're asking if there's things you could have done better - certainly there are. For example, you should be placing your mushrooms on the opposite stack point AHEAD of time so they are already bloomed when you stack up for rampage, instead of dropping them as the group stacks up( You kind of did this once near the 6 minute mark with 2 of your mushrooms). Also, I can't see when rejuv is on your target with your raid frames? This is something you should definitely look at because if you can't tell how do you know you aren't reapplying it 2-3 times on the same guy thinking "oh he could use a rejuv"? Oh and one last thing I noticed at the end, it doesn't look like you are utilizing clearcasting at all? At the end there is a moment where you have CC up and are spamming nourish on the tank instead of a regrowth which would've been free and got him to full. Nourish is basically useless now a days I would say you should almost never use it.

Rejuv is the pink/purple box on the bottom left corner of my Grid frames.

This run was the first run I did after getting back not playing for a month. So I was relearning as I went. Such as the timing on Shrooms. I was actively thinking about exactly what you suggested as I was playing, I was just remembering how to use them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You're too slow. It's like you're hesitating before picking who to heal. At the start of the fight that rogue took a lot of damage but by the time you got round to cast a heal on him he was already full. You should of used your Nature's Swiftness in that situation by instinct. You would know to cast Regrowth when NS is on cd for major damage. What's happening is you're being beaten to the punch.

You're relying a lot on Nourish for what I'm not sure. It's okay and has it's place but not during heavy damage phases. You need to pre hot people going into Rampage. You're waiting for damage and then picking whom to heal. That won't get you very far in a real raid.

You ignored your free Omen of Clarity procs and opted to cast Nourish. You need to fix that.
You sat in Smiftmend when you should of had in on CD. Even during Rampages you opt'd to cast Nourish.

You need to anticipate incoming damage and you the tools available to you to counter it. You need to be more pro-active.

That's actually kind of funny to hear, because my main healer is a shaman. I actually had to force myself to slow down because A) I was ooming myself reacting to burst damage on my Druid. And B) I found that AS a druid, I was just overhealing with my HoTs. I'd put Regrowth and a Rejev on them, then another healer would flash heal them to max, causing 90% of the healing (mana) I just spent on him to be wasted.

I thought as a druid, I just padded the raid with a rotation. I let other healers *cough pallies* deal with the burst damage with their instant casts.

On my Shaman, I AM a lot more proactive. I can see incoming damage a mile away. But I quickly found out i couldn't be that fast on my druid without ooming myself.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I was ooming myself reacting to burst damage on my Druid

That should never happen. That simply means you aren't doing somethings correctly.

07/15/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Drewthedruid
I found that AS a druid, I was just overhealing with my HoTs.

No one cares about OH as a rdruid. Our heals will always go into OH and even more so with priests and pallys in a raid. But that's the nature of our hots where shields rarely go into OH. The only reason ever that one should care about OH is when you're going Oom because of it. And to do that means you're not managing your spells correctly.

I'd put Regrowth and a Rejev on them, then another healer would flash heal them to max, causing 90% of the healing (mana) I just spent on him to be wasted.

RG is a flash heal for rdruids. I don't think you know what that green proc means on your screen. It means you can cast a free Healing Touch or Regrowth. You simply cast Nourish instead. Always cast a RG or HT when you see that proc.

You should have as little mana as possible after most encounters. Why? Because if you're sitting on mana at the end of a fight you're not doing enough. Now granted, there isn't really any damage going about in LFR but you can still practice somethings.

I made this to show you what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PX0bXTLNdA

Again - this is LFR so it's really not a 'raid' so of course things like proper CDs etc aren't really something to worry about. Hell I didn't even use barkskin but in a real raid I would be watching all my CDs like a hawk. But LFR makes for good practice. I could of went afk and it wouldn't of mattered one way or another here.

That's not true on the next boss as most of those other heals had no idea on how to heal Tuslong as this screenshot clearly shows. This is the same LFR by the way.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/Pancakes4breakfast/WoWScrnShot_071413_061609_zps9e768f81.jpg

And even doing over 200k I have half my mana left and that's non stop boss spamming in day phase. There are ways to accomplish good throughput and not go Oom. Sure my gear most likely is light-years ahead of most of them but even so it would make that much of a difference because even on my rdruids alts (I have two over ilvl 500) they still perform pretty well.

My advice to you is to perfect your healing and don't worry about the other healers for now. You can work synenergy when you start doing some real raids on normals.

If you would of used Wildshroons on that fight properly you most likely would have beat the other guys so practice using them into your rotation. Place then prior to a pull where you know where people will be stacking up. After that first rampage you should be placing your next set and charging them up so you can have a full charge for every rampage while your Tranquility is on CD.

So your CD usage should/could look like this for rampages

1: WM+Tranquility
2: WM
3: Incarnation+WM
4:WM
5:Tranquility+WM
6:WM and whatever else happens to be off CD.
Edited by Trollmendous on 7/15/2013 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm well aware what the procs on my screen are. i'm the one that put them there when modding my UI.

And mana management isn't one of my weak points. You'll notice I was managing mana to the point of running out just as the boss died.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
07/15/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Drewthedruid
I'm well aware what the procs on my screen are. i'm the one that put them there when modding my UI.

No you didn't put the green Omen of Clarity proc there, that's the default Blizzard one. Look at your video go to 6 seconds in and see what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I replaced my UI, disabled it, and put it back. I put it there. I'm well aware what it is.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I replaced my UI, disabled it, and put it back. I put it there. I'm well aware what it is.

I'm not trying to argue with you I'm trying to give you advise which is what you asked for in this thread.

If you know what OoC proc is then why are you not taking advantage of it by casting a spell that uses up the free charge?

All I was trying to convey about that is you should take advantage of the free spell when it's up. Nourish isn't included in this list.

But I see your tone has changed and that's okay, I wish you well in your adventures.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
As a leftie who has used a normal mouse-keyboard setup his entire life, the biggest mistake I've ever made was attempting to use a leftie mouse.

oh my god this
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
You used tranq when there was hardly any damage, you didn't set up shrooms, you used swiftmend on tanks when the raid needed healing. You didn't cast swiftmend on cd, you didn't use regrowth with ooc procs, You used nourish during intense raid dmg while wg was up.

I understand you are concerned about mana, but nourish isn't always the right answer. Sorry =/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]