Resto Druid T15, 4-piece question

90 Worgen Druid
I won the chest token last night. Hurray!!!

I do not have the 4 piece set, though I do have the LFR helm sitting in the bank.

I have reg T15 glove and pants.

Is the throughput going to be better swapping in Helm of the Haunted Forest for Hood of Smoldering Flesh

And Robes of the Haunted Forest in for Robes of Concussive Shocks

Or should I hold out for tier shoulders or helm and save the token for Vestment of the Haunted Forest?

Basically is the massive stat loss on the helm and the poor itemization on the resto T15 chest worth the T15 resto 4 piece bonus? Is it that good?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For me, it gives me around 6k more heals each rejuv i do. which when looking at my logs, boosted my heals by quite a lot. i would wait til you have full normal tier pieces to use it though, since the amount it heals is directly proportionate to how much your rejuvs initially heal for
Edited by Moonrayna on 7/12/2013 3:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The extra blue socket on tier chest makes up for most of the inefficient itemization on that piece. The helm is a larger stat loss, but 4pc is essentially +10% to rejuv (which also means faster charging on mushrooms). I think it's worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would consider the tier chest flat out better than Robes of Concussive shocks. (socketsss)

(Second chest you linked is boomkin..?)

Even the thunderforged helm...you're losing some int, which sucks But your dropping the crit stat which sucks, for mastery, which is awesome.

As for worth the set bonus...

If you use rejuv a lot, which is best to do for a resto druid, then yes it's worth it.

If rejuv is your top heal @30%> on every fight, get the 4set. I'd even consider it, had you only all LFR pieces. I'm Serious.
Edited by Tonydanza on 7/12/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
He linked the moonkin chest because ideally our t15 non-set piece is chest due to its poor itemization.

I also wanted to hold on to my chest token to use for moonkin (as it's better itemized for resto) but got the resto chest to complete my 4pc when I also got helm and we were progressing on Lei Shen. (As a side note, I have both now, but playing around with the 13k haste bp, so I need all the natural haste I can get)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Y'all jealous of dis chest.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the input, I will spend the token on the resto chest and make the 4 piece with the LFR helm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

<--jelly
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having the same debate. I finally picked up the LFR version of t15 helm, replacing the t14 helm I had been using. With the normal version t15 gloves and legs, that puts me 3/4 ... and I've had chest and shoulder tier tokens in my bank for months. However, I'm quite partial to the itemization of the chest and shoulders I'm wearing now.

/sigh ...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm having the same debate. I finally picked up the LFR version of t15 helm, replacing the t14 helm I had been using. With the normal version t15 gloves and legs, that puts me 3/4 ... and I've had chest and shoulder tier tokens in my bank for months. However, I'm quite partial to the itemization of the chest and shoulders I'm wearing now.

/sigh ...

If you're not pushing any progression (or at least anything that's healer-dependent), it's probably acceptable to hold out for your helm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Pshh

PSSSSSH

WHAT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

/sigh ...

If you're not pushing any progression (or at least anything that's healer-dependent), it's probably acceptable to hold out for your helm.

No, definitely not, but the helm was an upgrade. If I get a 522 helm soon, I'd be happy to drop that.

I scratched out notes based on replacing the 522 Dinomancy Spaulders with LFR t15 shoulders. Assuming 2/2 upgrade to both, works out to just under 250 loss of Int, ~200 loss of spirit, 600 loss of haste (which I can gain back by changing around my Crit re-forges to Haste instead of Spirit/Mastery), but about 700 gain in Mastery, plus the increased RJ ticks.

If nothing else, I'll see how things look this week. If it's not worth it, I can always put back on my Dinomancy shoulders (though I'd miss them -- first item in ToT I ever received). And if a superior helm lands in my hand (so many runes thrown at Megs), I'll re-evaluate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
and I've had chest and shoulder tier tokens in my bank for months. However, I'm quite partial to the itemization of the chest and shoulders I'm wearing now.

That's a big mistake.

The 4pc t15's 4pc bonus is such a large increase to our number one spell (rejuv) that no single piece of gear no matter what it's ilevel will compare to it's output period.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/15/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Trollmendous
and I've had chest and shoulder tier tokens in my bank for months. However, I'm quite partial to the itemization of the chest and shoulders I'm wearing now.

That's a big mistake.

The 4pc t15's 4pc bonus is such a large increase to our number one spell (rejuv) that no single piece of gear no matter what it's ilevel will compare to it's output period.

Noted. Last two nights in ToT have been better with 4-pc.

Of course, it had to happen that pre-raid on Tuesday I traded in the tier helm, socketed it, upgraded it ... then won the Thunderforged helm off Megs ... so on Wednesday I had to then get a new meta from the Black Prince, upgrade it, then trade my chest LFR token in, socket, enchant and upgrade ... What an expensive couple days.

But worth it. It's funny how even the psychological effect of knowing my RJs are going to be "bigger" encourages me to toss out more RJs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i would take Robes of Treacherous Ground over Robes of Concussive Shocks just cause i like mastery and no point passing 3043 haste point since just hurts you :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
i would take Robes of Treacherous Ground over Robes of Concussive Shocks just cause i like mastery and no point passing 3043 haste point since just hurts you :/

It might if you're only going for 6652 but that's certainly not the case at higher gear levels and are able to hit the 2nd RJ HBP@13163.

I would grab all haste gear this tier and hold onto it honestly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Go ahead and get the 4set if you can. Once you gain the shoulders you'll be able to shift to correct itemization (4pc without chest) :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It might if you're only going for 6652 but that's certainly not the case at higher gear levels and are able to hit the 2nd RJ HBP@13163.

I would grab all haste gear this tier and hold onto it honestly.

true but u need the gear for it to even try WTB better gear so i can try :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
true but u need the gear for it to even try WTB better gear so i can try :/

I got the heroic chest off of Heroic Council and it's setting in my bank because of the mastery.

The tier chest while very sub-par stat wise isn't all that bad because of the extra gem slot and the amount of haste. Now if only heroic Turtle would drop his chest for me...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Troll stop telling people to go to 6652 = / .

Stay at 3043 high mastery build until 540-545 ilvl and go straight to 13k.

Tsk tsk, I know you know better man!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]