Resto Druid T15, 4-piece question

90 Tauren Druid
Y'all jealous of dis chest.

Nope, not at all. :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have a double upgraded thunderforged council chest Robes of Treacherous Ground, is it going to be worth the 800-900ish mastery loss to gain the 4 pc using the chest token I won last night. I am a spammer and generally use Rejuv a ton (especially on HM Tortos attempts) or do I wait patiently for my shoulder token to perfect itemization of 4pc and keep the chest? I have a feeling I should just get the chest, but figured I'd get your thoughts. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have a double upgraded thunderforged council chest Robes of Treacherous Ground, is it going to be worth the 800-900ish mastery loss to gain the 4 pc using the chest token I won last night. I am a spammer and generally use Rejuv a ton (especially on HM Tortos attempts) or do I wait patiently for my shoulder token to perfect itemization of 4pc and keep the chest? I have a feeling I should just get the chest, but figured I'd get your thoughts. Thanks.

Personal preference/opinion but,
10 or 25m?

If it's 10, you could afford to drop enough spirit to replace your mastery loss.

25s trickier. I wouldn't drop spirit in 25s and I value mastery greatly in 25s overall. Until OP shrooms are nerfed in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, its 10m and after doing the math, I'd lost ~1k spirit and ~1k mastery (main stats) and I'm already over haste cap so this would put me 200-300 over cap even after reforging all haste...so its potentially a 2000-2200 main stat swing/waste to gain 4 set. I think I'm just going to be patient and wait for a lfr/normal shoulder token since my throughput is more than fine without the buff for the time being.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The tier chest is bleh. I went with the boomkin chest for my resto set. But I guess if you're having a hard time getting a 4 set, may aswell get it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The 4pc t15's 4pc bonus is such a large increase to our number one spell (rejuv) that no single piece of gear no matter what it's ilevel will compare to it's output period.

So, when should I break 4T15?

I don't want to regem, enchant, reforge run a raid, then try the other way just to see which is better - if I can avoid it...
Edited by Wildpaws on 11/6/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I read:
If you can hit 13163 haste AND keep the tier 15: 4 piece; hold on to it. But that applies mostly if you have the t15 heroic pieces.

Otherwise just go with the one that lets you get to 13163 haste.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
What you want is the chest off paragons and the 4 set from tier 15.
Edited by Bitter on 11/7/2013 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So, when should I break 4T15?

ONLY when you have the full 4pc t16. The loss of t15's boost to rejuv is simply to great to give up for ilevel off pieces without the t16 4pc boost to WG to be worth it...
Reply Quote
I made the switch and the t16 4p consistently does 2% of my overall healing with slight variations based on the fight but usually it's almost exactly 2%. Rejuv is often 40% or more of my healing so the loss of t15 bonus is noticeable but offset simply by the increase in ilvl going to t16. You also lose ~20% of your healing from efflo after the target drop and ilvl increase I'd say which sucks as well but I must say that the t16 2p is kind of fun and occasionally provides a clutch heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I made the switch and the t16 4p consistently does 2% of my overall healing with slight variations based on the fight but usually it's almost exactly 2%

Consider dropping your glyph of Wild Growth.

The reduced CD and bonus to WG via an upfront Tick favors more usage and it lines up perfectly with Sotf every other WG. Since I got the 4pc and dropped glyph, my WG healing is significantly higher, again variations on the fight but an average guess is around 15-20% of my heals.

Your wg is 5% of your healing on one of your latest logs, make a weak aura for it with audible sound when it comes off CD. Keep it on CD. Unglyph it. I guarantee you'll have it around 15% of your healing if you unglyph it and use near off cd;)
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/10/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Tonydanza
I made the switch and the t16 4p consistently does 2% of my overall healing with slight variations based on the fight but usually it's almost exactly 2%

The reduced CD and bonus to WG via an upfront Tick favors more usage and it lines up perfectly with Sotf every other WG. Since I got the 4pc and dropped glyph, my WG healing is significantly higher, again variations on the fight but an average guess is around 15-20% of my heals.

Your wg is 5% of your healing on one of your latest logs, make a weak aura for it with audible sound when it comes off CD. Keep it on CD. Unglyph it. I guarantee you'll have it around 15% of your healing if you unglyph it and use near off cd;)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0ln5qo4gn4fn9nli/sum/healingDone/?s=6114&e=6595

It's not really fair to look at heroic sha of pride kill since sha of pride isn't a fight that really encourages a lot of WG use and I find very little need to use WG since the overall healing demands are quite low. I see no reason to use WG on CD and prefer to have the extra person when I need the actual aoe healing. I'm not going to argue over whether using WG on CD or using it glyphed primarily with sotf only is optimal because imo it doesn't really matter.

When the raid damage is so low that I only needed to do 115K hps and my pally cohealer 60k it signals that there isn't even enough going on to make WG worthwhile. On a more serious note, do people solo heal this fight? I feel like it may as well be solo healed. Look how close our monk tank came to outhealing our pally healer (difference of 0.15%) XD.

Comparing our recent norushen kills where aoe healing actually matters you did 18% with WG while I only did 11% but I did 40% of my healing with rejuv compared to you 25%. I am not using WG as much as you but I use it when I feel it is needed and get the extra target on it and I do not feel that I am hindering myself by not spamming it on CD. You should keep in mind that I generally have to carry our pally healer so I spend most my time rejuv blanketing using my 15.5k spirit mastery build anyways. They also happen to be an unreliable dispeller so some fights like protectors and thok are annoying but our warlock is pretty pro and helps out with his dispel (very clutch)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cuai5aqf8m6mylsp/sum/healingDone/?s=3115&e=3530

Edit: I miss my old guild. My cohealers we AMAZING and we progressed much better :(
Edited by Stratous on 11/10/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0ln5qo4gn4fn9nli/sum/healingDone/?s=6114&e=6595

It's not really fair to look at heroic sha of pride kill since sha of pride isn't a fight that really encourages a lot of WG use and I find very little need to use WG since the overall healing demands are quite low. I see no reason to use WG on CD and prefer to have the extra person when I need the actual aoe healing. I'm not going to argue over whether using WG on CD or using it glyphed primarily with sotf only is optimal because imo it doesn't really matter.

When the raid damage is so low that I only needed to do 115K hps and my pally cohealer 60k it signals that there isn't even enough going on to make WG worthwhile. On a more serious note, do people solo heal this fight? I feel like it may as well be solo healed. Look how close our monk tank came to outhealing our pally healer (difference of 0.15%) XD.

Comparing our recent norushen kills where aoe healing actually matters you did 18% with WG while I only did 11% but I did 40% of my healing with rejuv compared to you 25%. I am not using WG as much as you but I use it when I feel it is needed and get the extra target on it and I do not feel that I am hindering myself by not spamming it on CD. You should keep in mind that I generally have to carry our pally healer so I spend most my time rejuv blanketing using my 15.5k spirit mastery build anyways. They also happen to be an unreliable dispeller so some fights like protectors and thok are annoying but our warlock is pretty pro and helps out with his dispel (very clutch)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cuai5aqf8m6mylsp/sum/healingDone/?s=3115&e=3530

Edit: I miss my old guild. My cohealers we AMAZING and we progressed much better :(

My apologies; Apples to oranges, for some reason I assumed you were running 13khaste build.

Yeah, WG/Sotf will dominate, not quite as much with mastery build. Though mastery build is very viable, I myself only switched to haste a few weeks ago.

edit; For the record I was not meaning to pick your performance apart, just meant to say you might find much better numbers out of WG without the glyph with the 4set.
My group has quite strong heals overall and a bunch of overhealing anytime we 3heal, which is quite a bit because our dps are generally all >300k - just to be "safe" according to RL.

So I tried unglyphed WG for a week and made a point to use on CD best I can, my numbers went drastically higher to previous weeks in comparison to cohealers, and it has little to do with Rejuv usage as I am very very liberal with rejuv blankets. Unglyphed WG is really quite sexy, it's uptime is literally >90%
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/10/2013 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]