readiness removed

100 Orc Hunter
just wow...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Finally someone who sees past the PvE.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Except there's absolutely no difference between the charges mechanic and Readiness after its nerf except for Readiness requiring an extra button. It's the same end result with one less keybind.

How was your ban Bosu? Ready to be constructive now?
Edited by Bullettime on 7/12/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Can anyone link this. I tried and cant find it. And also wanted to know does this only affect our defensive abilities or does it also effect rapid fire traps and scatter shot?

Readiness was nerfed last week, removing everything but Camo, Feign Death, Rapid Fire, Deterrence, and Disengage. Rapid Fire was going to be removed from it anyways and Feign and Camo being reset didn't serve a real purpose to begin with.

So because it only would effectively benefit doubling up of Deterrence and Disengage in the new form, they removed the ability entirely and now have Deterrence and Disengage using a charge mechanic like Hand of Gul'dan/Conflag on Warlocks. Same result, one less bind on your bar.
Edited by Bullettime on 7/12/2013 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well that sucks. Being able to double feign death was great in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If they would have made the first nerf to only include Deterrence and Disengage then yes, you would be right. But that wasn't the case.

I'm sorry if the bind talk is falling on deaf ears. Readiness was an amazing ability and after playing an Affliction Lock during 3.1, I would happily add a bind that gave so much utility.
Edited by Apollo on 7/12/2013 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
If they would have made the first nerf to only include Deterrence and Disengage then yes, you would be right. But that wasn't the case.

I'm sorry if the bind talk is falling on deaf ears. Readiness was an amazing ability and after playing an Affliction Lock during 3.1, I would happily add a bind that gave so much utility.

Except it's the same damn thing. They would have just removed Rapid Fire, Camo, and Feign anyways if they were fine cutting them for the charge version.

You're arguing over something entirely pointless. The end result would be the exact same. Is having an extra bind on your bar to press to reset Deterrence and Disengage that important when the charge system accomplishes the same thing?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Except there's absolutely no difference between the charges mechanic and Readiness after its nerf except for Readiness requiring an extra button. It's the same end result with one less keybind.

How was your ban Bosu? Ready to be constructive now?

I never got banned
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Only Deterrence has 2 charges. Disengage only got a CD reduction (25 to 20 seconds).

Zoo damage in PvE was reverted back to normal. PVP is still borked though

Buh-bye Hunter burst. Been nice knowing you. It's looking like we are going to be rounding out the bottom of the barrel for DPS for the remainder of this expansion.
Reply Quote
91 Human Hunter
Vex
Sounds good and all, but I have a question. What about Deterrence cancel aura macro, how will that work? Will it work?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
People are complaining that they can't DOUBLE FD NOW?? Christ.

Go reroll warlocks. All of you.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Only Deterrence has 2 charges. Disengage only got a CD reduction (25 to 20 seconds).

Zoo damage in PvE was reverted back to normal. PVP is still borked though

Buh-bye Hunter burst. Been nice knowing you. It's looking like we are going to be rounding out the bottom of the barrel for DPS for the remainder of this expansion.

Except the burst is still there, arcane hitting harder means that under BW's cost reducing effects BM will have a sizable burst window. This not counting the damage compensations we are getting from the readiness change.

Can we at least wait for the numbers pass to cry doom and gloom?

God, why is the hunter community filled with so many winners?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sounds good and all, but I have a question. What about Deterrence cancel aura macro, how will that work? Will it work?

Probably macro cancel aura to a shot instead of deterrence itself.
Reply Quote
God, why is the hunter community filled with so many winners?

Because we rock.
Reply Quote
So far, I'm not even slightly upset with this change. I'm also not participating in the PTR, though, so I couldn't tell you how everything looks in game. On paper, I like it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yes

Thank based blizz
Reply Quote
This will make Hunters far less clunky, the balance can be sorted out in many other ways. Great change, and I'm glad blizzard had the balls to do it.
Edited by Demimas on 7/13/2013 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
This will make Hunters far less clunky, the balance can be sorted out in many other ways. Great change, and I'm glad blizzard had the balls to do it.

+1 Except for being clunky, being a great change and Blizz having balls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]