Frost vs Unholy 5.3 and 5.4 PVE

90 Gnome Death Knight
I've been using frost 2H and DW off and on for MoP so far and have maintained decent DPS for raiding. Recently I have been checking wowprogress and noticed most of the top DK's are dpsing as Unholy. Is this due to a higher level of gearing that the top players have or is it something to consider trying with my current gear? Also, going into 5.4 does it look like a worthwhile change? Just trying to find a way to squeeze a bit more dps out of my character. Any advice is appreciated, especially from any of those top players who use Unholy.
Edited by Radics on 7/12/2013 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's popular now because of feather, which is mind-blowingly amazing for unholy, but just very nice for frost.

In short it's going to come down to if we can get 2 of those 11k+ str trinkets and have them procced at the same time, probably. If not, normal unholy and 2h frost with 2 new trinkets will probably move ahead of festerblight with one of them + feather.

Impossible to say for certain at this point, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
No expert here, but unholy is completely tied to trinkets and gaming diseases. Not my style. I am gearing up a ranged dps alt and will decide what I want to play as a main once 5.4 info becomes clearer. I think 5.4 is a ways away still.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]