Wow Myths: Old mogs make you move faster?

90 Human Warlock
I don't have the best computer out there but it gets the job done. I have observed that when I am in a "old school" mog my char feels faster.

Now this could be just a myth, or a trick to the eye or an actual ease on my computer. I am not sure.

So I am asking the people of WOW to try it out for a few days and see if you observe this faster movement and responce times as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Server-wise it's the same speed, I suppose it could appear faster/slower depending on frame rate, which newer gear kills without a decent processor and/or graphics card.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It's an illusion depending on how padded/slim the xmog is. Like when you put on a shield you feel you're running slower.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Server-wise it's the same speed, I suppose it could appear faster/slower depending on frame rate, which newer gear kills without a decent processor and/or graphics card.

This. The newer the armor, the more polygons, the more polygons, the more your computer has to work to handle it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]