What spec is like ret pally?

90 Draenei Paladin
I want to roll an alt and I love the ret pally playstyle. Anything similar to it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Rogues, I have a lvl 90 assassination rogue and it seems very similar to ret, combo points=holy power. Except rogues do more damage at 90 and they never die in raids due to feint :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Enhancement Shaman!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret paladins play like Rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Ret paladins play like Rogues.

Except, unless you do the level 90 talent, you can't have extra combo points. So, if you have the maximum of 5 combo points, it doesn't save any more.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Rogues and Ferals play somewhat similar, but I'd have to say that Windwalker Monks are probably closest. Between the resource building and the off-healing options.

07/13/2013 04:51 AMPosted by Tiger
Shoo, angry warlock.

Actually, there is some small degree of similarity between Arcane and Ret - more so at 90 with the Evo maintenance talents. It's certainly not a favorable comparison by any means, especially being a spellcaster versus melee. Arcane, though, is much less involved and interesting than Ret, and is severely lacking in group utility.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Enhancement shaman possibly?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Your best bet would probably Windwalker Monk or Feral Druid. Maybe even Enhancement Shaman.

I just recently started leveling a windwalker and I'm having alot of fun with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Enhancment shammy or arms war?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
At the rate this thread is going, we ought to just list every melee class. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, asking what is like the ret paladin "style" is kind of vague. It doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. Depending how I interpret the question, I'd give the same answer as Ebill; enhance or arms.
Edited by Cayse on 7/13/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hmmm pretty sure Rets have value outside of the burst....if you don't think so then you don't know Ret as well as you think you do...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
...prot paladin
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmmm pretty sure Rets have value outside of the burst....if you don't think so then you don't know Ret as well as you think you do...

Hahahaha holy NUTBALLS squishface. What happened to your face? Why is it so ...Roseanne's-seat-cushion???

Bahahahaha
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/13/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Skcholomance
What happened to your face? Why is it so ...Roseanne's-seat-cushion???

I could not help but laugh my ass off at this particular comment.

Well played.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're going for mostly that 2-handed weapon dps feel, Arms Warrior isn't too far off. Although I've never leveled one to max, so no idea what they're like at endgame.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]