My DPS should be higher...

90 Dwarf Paladin
It's possible to not be over hit cap this tier?

It is if you don't have a Feather or a Zerat; Zerat makes it difficult to stay near the hit cap, Feather makes it impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You people need to lay off the kool-aid.

I said I 'feel' that my dps should be higher in lfr you know against these bosses you know especially if I'm getting crits over 400k.

Also those crit came off of Horridon encounter. Not that it matters. Nor any of it. I came in here in search of a few helpful tips to improve my dps with out making major changes and I got those tips so thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Horridon has an even bigger damage boost gimmick than Jin'rohk does...

If you really want help, you should try being a bit less hostile to everyone. :|
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not necessarily, especially against Horridon; a long, mostly add fight (and adds don't get the same damage-increasing debuff that Horridon does) does not lend itself terribly well to high DPS. Between the adds and Horridon's stacking debuff as gates are breached, that encounter lends itself to sporadic outliers that are not indicative of what is realistically possible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Horridon has an even bigger damage boost gimmick than Jin'rohk does...

If you really want help, you should try being a bit less hostile to everyone. :|

Grog said I lied about a 400k crit in lfr. I proved that I didn't lie and he said whatever. That was rude. Also I'm being hostile? I said THANKS!

Again thank you. I'm sure your tips will help.
Edited by Palastorm on 7/14/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
And that was my misunderstanding; I thought you were saying you got them regularly. During a short window at the end of the Horridon fight here the dino is taking massively increased damage does not mean your DPS should be higher; honestly, your DPS seems accurate and fine as is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This week on my dwarf in LFR this week I saw a number of TV crits in the 500k range, and one in the mid-700, all with a 471 weapon. More than half the dps visibly blew CDs on the pull of JR, and ended up being tens of thousands of dps behind a toon that in most cases they quite vastly outgeared.

You can get big crits on JR and Horridon and still have poor dps if you're playing poorly... if your rotation isn't that good or if you're using CDs at inopportune times.

That said, with your gear 89k is pretty reasonable with your gear, depending on the boss. You are however the second person in as many days we've seen using a now nearly three expansion old prismatic gem. I don't think I've seen another one since mid-Cata.

Do your best to replace your trinkets as soon as you can, your next valor purchase should be the exp/str trinket. Your second should be upgrading it to 2/2. And then just hope for a drop in LFR.
Edited by Cayse on 7/14/2013 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

I managed it, at least until I get a 522 version of the feather.

If you want you can change your haste/hit gems to haste/stam gems, they're pretty cheap and it'll give you a little more health.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
07/14/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Grôgnárd

It is if you don't have a Feather or a Zerat; Zerat makes it difficult to stay near the hit cap, Feather makes it impossible.

I have Thunderforged Feather and a normal Zerat. 1145 hit over cap...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I feel like my dps should be higher especially with 400k+ crits.

Best I can do in LFR is 89k dps. Then again I am a default UI using button clicker. :P

89k DPS is about right for that ilvl, especially with your weapon and trinkets below the rest of your gear in quality. Upgrading those should be your #1 goal, gear-wise. Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is a very large upgrade over the Explosive Barrel.

Unless you use Pursuit of Justice, you'll want Pandaren's Step on your boots. 170 strength is a better enchant for your gloves. 180 strength is a better bracer enchant, but an expensive one and probably not worthwhile for blue bracers.

You're well over the hit cap and way over the expertise cap, and both of those mean wasted stats that could be reforged or re-gemmed to something helpful. Melee DPS only need 7.5% expertise, to negate dodges; bosses can't parry when you're attacking from behind.

In particular, you should ditch all your expertise gems. For gems, follow these guidelines:
Red socket: Fierce Vermilion Onyx
Yellow socket: Quick Sun's Radiance
Blue socket: Lightning Wild Jade
Prismatic socket: Quick Sun's Radiance
A prismatic socket does not require a prismatic gem; a prismatic socket means it will match any gem. So that Nightmare Tear in your belt is not serving you well.

I strongly recommend a reforging utility, because doing it by hand really is just a pain and ends up less than optimal anyway.

You should make up your mind about which items you want to upgrade; it's pretty much never the best option to have several items at 1/2 upgraded. For now though, I'd recommend saving your valor points for the trinket.

Sounds like you're doing fine overall for your gear level, but with these tune-ups you should do even better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
By "all the guides," do you mean those found at Noxxic and IcyVeins? If so, shame on you - that's your number one problem right there. We have a good sticky here; read it.

Hey! I edited the guide at Icy Veins. :C What's wrong with it?

(Kidding, I know what you mean, haha -- those off site guides in general are not reliable and your advice is sound.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
To be fair, Anafielle, IcyVeins is not the worst offender out there; my complaint is that it doesn't (or, at the very least, didn't when last I looked) go into depth about certain rotational quirks, proper burst control, when to start/stop gemming with which bias - things like that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Last I looked Icy Veins was fine just not extremely detailed. For something like that you go to Elitist Jerks and Exemplar.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/14/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]