Consercration for Ret Pallys?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would love to have this back on the ret side, instead of prot!

Its the best AOE DOT ever!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss it period...paladin class is so boring compared to TBC
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
It's not gonna happen unless they make it exclusive with a single-target attack, like they did with CS/HotR and TV/DS, and there's not much to choose from there...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I always considered Consecration to be an iconic paladin ability despite it originally being a Holy talent. I miss it dearly. If they had to make it exclusive with a single target spell, they could kill mass exorcism and make consecration the aoe proc. I'd prefer they just balanced it so it wasn't worth using without a few targets to hit though. Or they could make it possible to proc it off a finisher, like unholy DK desecrations.

I'm all for them brining it back in some way shape or form though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

uh what?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'd be quite happy having it share a CD with Exorcism.

Would make it situationally useful. Especially as a target-less AE (think Lei Shei)
Edited by Jemi on 7/15/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
07/15/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Jemi

The problem is that Exorcism generates Holy Power. They'd have to make Consecration generate Holy Power as well... And then you have Exorcism's cooldown resetting via Art of War that Consecration would need as well... Without all that you'd be better off just using Mass Exorcism for AoE anyway. And at that point, what would be the difference (besides a free glyph slot)?
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
And at that point, what would be the difference (besides a free glyph slot)?

Stealth detection and Lei Shi? It's still an interesting, to say the least.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, but they can just remove the target requirement from HotR to accomplish that without any real mechanics changes.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
True enough. Either way, Blizz would actually have to give enough of a crap about the issue to implement any change, be it finding a way to work Cons back into Ret's toolkit or giving HotR the late-CataDS treatment.
Reply Quote

uh what?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
the target req for HoTR is silly,

DKs have Blood Boil, no target needed
also have Death and Decay regardless of spec

Wars get Thunderclap, no target needed
no semi passive ae

bears? trash doesnt require a target
didnt see a semi passive ae, but dont play druids

Monks? Keg Smash does require a target, but they do get almost free targeted ae snare....
no passive ae (not that they even need one with dizzying haze)

IMO, targets should not be needed for ANY of the abilities that apply weakened blows, and Wars/Druids should get an ae threat builder (either ala dizzying haze or death n decay/consec)
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Wars get Thunderclap, no target needed
no semi passive ae

Forgot Whirlwind.

bears? trash doesnt require a target
didnt see a semi passive ae, but dont play druids

Swipe - for Cat, as well.

Monks? Keg Smash does require a target, but they do get almost free targeted ae snare....
no passive ae (not that they even need one with dizzying haze)

Spinning Crane Kick, Zen Sphere, Chi Torpedo.

As I've stated before, elsewhere, every melee but Ret has a targetless, non-talent, short cooldown AoE.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Consecration was so awesome...I miss it. Retribution AOE isn't exactly brokenly OP, not sure why we can't just get it back.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
If you glyph Mass Exorcism with 2pT15, it really is borderline OP - still not broken, but damned powerful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/15/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Keten

The problem is that Exorcism generates Holy Power. They'd have to make Consecration generate Holy Power as well... And then you have Exorcism's cooldown resetting via Art of War that Consecration would need as well... Without all that you'd be better off just using Mass Exorcism for AoE anyway. And at that point, what would be the difference (besides a free glyph slot)?

I wouldn't want to use it for AE damage, I've got plenty of tools for that. But I can think of times that a moveable, targetable ground AE would be useful.

So I wouldn't want it to generate HP, or have it reset with AoW, just share CD.

Should be possible to code for AoW resetting the Exo CD but not Consecration, I'd imagine.

Or at worst case, AoW would refresh Consec and Exo for Ret.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
On that note, I also miss being able to cast Divine Storm without Holy Power. Bring that back, too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Cons is a kinda iffy spell to begin with, gets worse with more haste

Dat overlapping

I think Cons was a bit better in WotLK, but it was absolutely terrible in Cata. Although it is a bit iconic I suppose. I remember it having much more use for Prot than it ever had Ret throughout the past two expansions, maybe that's just me, but it seems right that it be a Prot specific ability.

A target-less hammer would be pretty cool though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]