Easiest healer to pick up for BGs?

1 Human Priest
Sick of losing all the time so figured Id finally just take the advice of all the people that said to make a healer and just carry everyone else. Only problem is I have never played a healer. Currently Im on the PTR playing with some premade level 90s. Im really enjoying the Monk but was wondering if any of the other healers are easier? I dont want to do anything BUT heal. I dont want to DPS, or CC, or shift around a bunch of forms. Just heal. When I try and multi task I tend to mess and and make mistakes.

Are any of the healers more newbie friendly for healing BGs? I dont care about Arena at all. I only enjoy doing BGs. Just looking for a class that can help my team and doesnt have a very steep learning curve. Which ever has the least amount of stuff I have to throw on my ability bars, thats the one I want. I figure less stuff on my hotbar means less chance to make mistakes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dont want to do anything BUT heal. I dont want to DPS, or CC, or shift around a bunch of forms. Just heal. When I try and multitask I tend to mess and and make mistakes.

You want to take the PvP out of PvP so that you can heal and can't multitask, which is an important skill for healing? That sounds like either you won't enjoy healing, especially in rBGs.

Which ever has the least amount of stuff I have to throw on my ability bars, that's the one I want. I figure less stuff on my hotbar means less chance to make mistakes.

I think that would be Monk, if you don't put Jab, TP, BoK, CJL, and SCK on the hot bar. My DPS toons have a lot fewer buttons than my healers.

rBGs are a great place to practice healing, but you need to use all your tools to help you team win.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
CC is one of the biggest parts of the game for any healer. You are the closest thing to a PvE tank in PvP. Your job is to survive long enough for your side to win.

You do not have tanking tools to survive. You have LoS, CC, and self heals. Good healers really are pros at the cc game.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
07/14/2013 06:00 AMPosted by Prideth
CC is one of the biggest parts of the game for any healer.

OK so then what do I have to play to get an easy class?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Based on your description, a holy paladin or holy priest might be your best choices. They don't have as many CC and DPS options as the other classes, although because of this, they are a bit more reliant on the DPS peeling for them. In a random BG, this may not happen very often, which can be extremely frustrating. Although they may be more difficult to play ("difficult" being very subjective, of course), the healing classes and specs that have more CC, DPS, and CC-breaking options are more likely to survive an onslaught on their own.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I dont want to do anything BUT heal. I dont want to DPS, or CC, or shift around a bunch of forms. Just heal. When I try and multi task I tend to mess and and make mistakes.

i suggest you stick with pve, my friend

cc'ing is very crucial in pvp, especially as a healer --- or you will die a lot :)
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
07/15/2013 03:43 AMPosted by Kitchenslave
I dont want to do anything BUT heal. I dont want to DPS, or CC, or shift around a bunch of forms. Just heal. When I try and multi task I tend to mess and and make mistakes.

i suggest you stick with pve, my friend

cc'ing is very crucial in pvp, especially as a healer --- or you will die a lot :)

If I dont like PvE why should I stick to it? Playing a part of the game I dont like doesnt make sense. I just want to play the game without being forced to use 30+ keybinds.
Edited by Saiina on 7/15/2013 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If that's your style...

I'd try a worgen druid: druids are awesome healers, capable to heal on the go, and on top of that, you are able to go stealth AND as a worgen you have the ability to run wild when enemy players decide that "Healers have to die".

So, it goes like this: heal, run away, stealth. Rinse and repeat.

Easy recipe for a casual player. Just KNOW that as a healer in BG's, you are eye-candy for all the players in the enemy team.
Edited by Ádørráh on 7/15/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If I dont like PvE why should I stick to it? Playing a part of the game I dont like doesnt make sense. I just want to play the game without being forced to use 30+ keybinds.

You are getting responses like that because your initial question reads like a non sequitur. On its face it seems that you are asking, “which healer is it easiest to play poorly on”.

You stated that you wanted to just concentrate on Healing, yet casting a healing spell on a DPS is 5 or 6 on the priority list of things for a healer to worry about.

You stated that you don’t want to multitask, yet that is what healing in PvP is all about.

You don’t want to CC, yet CC and how it is removed is super important for a healer

You don’t want to DPS, yet …

OK so then what do I have to play to get an easy class?

You are right I did not answer your question.

From your initial comment you may not enjoy healing in PvP however if you do I think you may enjoy a Holy Priest, here is why.

I think by saying you don’t want to DPS you are saying you don’t want to DPS to heal like monks or Disc priests can, not that you don’t want the ability to burn down the flag carrier if the opportunity arises. I think you may enjoy being able to change chakra and get an extra damage/CC button and do a couple rounds of actual DPS rotation when you want to damage something then go back to a healing chakra and be a throughput healer again.

Holy’s two main CCs are both AoE. You get a fear, and you can choose a root. Both help give you breathing room as you heal and you can just use them without worrying about who you have targeted. I think you will find them simple to apply, no selecting the right DPS out of the 8 running around you.

Holy has a lot of instant heals that can be cast on the run. It means more buttons but it does take out worrying about getting locked out, slightly simplifying the CC game.

Good Luck
Reply Quote
You aren't gonna carry anyone to a win if your attitude is that you only want to heal and press no other buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

lol

you act like healers can only press 3-4 buttons and get away with it in pvp

You aren't gonna carry anyone to a win if your attitude is that you only want to heal and press no other buttons.

this
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
07/13/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Saiina
I dont want to do anything BUT heal.

Resto druid or holy priest are probably good choices to grab a few instant heals and that's it.

You can do that on any healer though, honestly. If you want to play poorly, that is. Nothing is stopping you from playing anything and ignoring all your CC's, shape-shifts, dps skills, and cool downs and only casting heals. It'll narrow down your keybinds to nearly nothing to boot. So, there you go.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Just play what you enjoy. Remember WoW is casual friendly. You dont have to use 9 million keybinds and have a fancy keyboard and mouse just to be good. Just have to know your class and what other classes can also do. Be aware of positioning so you arent caught out of place and destroyed. Just because streamers play with a ton of hotbars doesnt mean you have to. You can be decent w/o being a multi glad just have to know how to play. Skill has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of stuff on your hotbars. Being great with 10 abilities is better than being bad with 50.
Edited by Dabrix on 7/15/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Disc priest. you can heal via dps through atonement. Same for monks with Eminence healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]