Why do you heal?

90 Night Elf Druid
In pvp or pve, why do you heal?

Maybe you are just filling the role needed for your comp/group, maybe you truly enjoy being a life saver, or maybe there is another reason.

Please share.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Because I am terrible at everything else.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Because there is no rotation to healing. It's much more reactive and less structured than the other roles. I like making tough choices on who lives and who dies. And frankly, when I let other people heal the raid has gone to !@#$ in the past. As soon as I became a healer I got more guild invites, had better security in my spot, and saw more content.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
07/15/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Elíka
It's much more reactive

That's a big reason.

Until MoP, I raid tanked. I lived for it. But once you figure out positining and any transitions, tanking fell into a perfect rotation to pump out as much threat as possible. (Though it may be different now with the change to more active mitigation for tanks.) Swapped to heal when MoP dropped, and it's just so fun and active.

Maybe in a couple expansions, I'll make a dps my main. By that time, dungeons and raids will probably be designed to not even use tanks and healers, so I best change with the sands of time.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
07/15/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Elíka
I like making tough choices on who lives and who dies.

HAHAHAHAH! Powertripping huh? Too true though. Gives me a bit of a rush :).

I switch roles/classes based on what each new expansion brings. Every time a new bit of content hits I diligently go through all of my alts and see which one's new mechanics i enjoy the most and will stick with that. While many of my choices arent logical or necessarily best in terms of performance, I go with what i find most intuitive.

Wotlk it was firemages and bears.
Cata was afflic warlocks, resto shammies and fire mages. (in that order)
Now?... i am very much liking disc priest. I get to dps and heal at the same time, not to mention the pure awesomeness that Bubbles are!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Because I like to be in control. xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Because DPS is too competitive and tanking is boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because I LOVE it...

Yesterday, as I was questing, I saw a troll and a tauren getting attacked by a nelf 10 levels above us. Threw bubble, heals and whatnot on both of them, even though I knew that meant that the night elf will come running at me and kill me. Which, of course, happened.

Normally players just turn around and leave when they see somebody 10 levels higher attacking your faction. I just reacted as a real healer would: try to help, even if that meant getting killed first.
Oh, and if the other 2 players wouldn't have run for their lifes when they got heals on them, we would've killed the guy:) But that's off topic, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Because I've been doing it so long that I don't know how to do anything else anymore. :P

I appreciate the reactive choice stress model of healing over the competition stress model of damage dealing.

Tanking is really intimidating for me. I've tried it but I wasn't very good at it. I was never very good at dps, either. Healing has always been easy for me to excel at.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Because I hate myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
because it's the easiest job out of everything. i don't have to learn mechanics....just heal. =D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
because it's the easiest job out of everything. i don't have to learn mechanics....just heal. =D

To be fair, that's more because of your melee classification as a mistweaver than because you're in the healing role.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Because I like being in control, and being able to see the entire field without having to worry about pumping out Damage on the Boss
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
07/15/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Frozenorange

To be fair, that's more because of your melee classification as a mistweaver than because you're in the healing role.

true =D

best of both worlds! ^^
Edited by Pandacillin on 7/15/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/15/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Pandacillin

true =D

best of both worlds! ^^

I love your name!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because I am terrible at everything else.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Because I hate the rest of the people on my raid team so much, when they really really really want to suicide by floor poo, I thwart them.

Repeatedly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
My first toon was a warlock. I know I wasn't the best at it and all that jazz. Once I hit 60 and my guild started doing MC, I realized that we always had a shortage of healers. So I thought "hey, if I heal, I can probably go to each raid" and then my healing adventure began.

I don't know why I do it, but it's by far the most fun I have in a raid. Personally, I find DPS just boring (maybe because I'm not good) and tanking is cool here and there. But to have all that responsibility is a pretty cool feeling. Sure it sucks if you fail, but man, when you save people who thought for sure they were going to die, it's a good feeling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Stealing honor kills from enemy players makes me ridiculously happy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I love your name!

thank you! =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]