Why do you heal?

100 Night Elf Druid
It's more fun/dynamic than tanking or dpsing.

Healing is a completely different game than what DPS and tanks play and it is so much more fun.
Reply Quote
Because I am terrible at everything else.

Im terrible at DPSing for the most part, and dont have the awareness or attention span for tanking. Nor can I do either of those while utterly drunk. So healing is my perfect fit.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Healing is a completely different game than what DPS and tanks play and it is so much more fun.

More rewarding, as well, in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've noticed that I am generally a nicer person both in game and out when I play a healer as opposed to a DPS. I recently took a couple days off from my monk to revisit my warlock (who had been my main since open beta), but I noticed that my mood changed. I was more irritable and less tolerant of other players. I'm sure this is not something healers in general widely feel, but it's nice that I feel it.

tl;dr playing a healer makes me a better person
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
When I retired my hunter after BC was released, I found DPS to be boring and way too competitive to be fun anymore. Listening to DPS almost insult each other because of a lack of DPS or whatever, I got tired of it.

I tried tanking a little but it's just not my style. I thought I would enjoy the protector role which is similar to a healer but not the "in-your-face" style you deal with in melee.

I find healing to be way more enjoyable. I can protect others from afar but my presence is still needed. Something about keeping people alive and almost hoping for bad pulls sometimes so you can pull out all the stops and still live through it is what I love.
Edited by Accordia on 7/16/2013 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
....I can't stand to watch the healer doing things that I would do differently.

Ok... I must admit that this is exactly right. This is in fact the main reason why i tried so many classes and roles - just to answer the question "whats so difficult about it?". And that's how i rolled a healer...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I've found DPS to be significantly more difficult than healing. This may just be because I've been healing for ever and ever and it really just comes naturally now, or because it's really true.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
To me, healing is more engaging then DPS or Tanking. To be successful it requires FULL raid awareness (talking about 10 man raiding/PvE only). You cannot tunnel or zone out. You must know all the ins and outs of a fight. Further, you have to know your party and tendencies. When a player/toon is actually in trouble and when someone can wait (Triage?).

It's a bit heady and gratifying. You have to accept that most of the time you'll not get the credit you deserve, just how it is...

To me, as was stated by a few previously, tanking gets into a rotation (have done it on few toons) and DPS is simple enough, know basic mechanics, stay out of '#$%@', pump a 'relatively' defined rotation, collect coins.

Healing ROCKS!
Edited by Docdoom on 7/16/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Healing keeps me interested. DPS'ing and tanking is very boring, use your main abilities, CD's when availible, keep threat.
Healing is different every time not just a mindless game of casting starsurge when it procs and keeping the astral bar going in the right direction
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Additionally, if you're even competent at healing (ie. the raid lived) then your job security is much higher than a dps's. you can always be outdps'd by someone and be replaced but with healing its hard to get better than the boss is dead and the raid is alive
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It actually provides a challenge! I'm not stuck with some boring rotation and have to be on my game since 9 other people are relying on me to keep them alive.
Also, as a guild who wants to progress on a low pop server, decentent heals that haven't already taken are few and far between. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Most rewarding, most interesting, most dynamic role. Especially with a spec like MW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's fun. =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I heal because I don't trust anyone else to do it for me. That and it's fun, ofc. Also, when i lifegrip random people, i can just say i was getting them out of the fire!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I dunno. I guess it's just my thing. I enjoy it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]