What Happened to Holy?

90 Dwarf Paladin
I left WoW a couple months before MoP launched. About two weeks ago I reuppped and began playing my favorite class and spec again. I healed my first instance and it honestly feels like I am playing another class. Is just me or did holy change that much?

It could be I am just doing it wrong but, it really plays differently, it feels "off" somehow. Any tips on gemming, gearing and stat reforging? I read the sticky and it helped some but, it is 5.2 and 5.4 is supposed to be coming up. Any advise would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's not all that different... playstyle-wise at least imo. We don't judge for mana anymore, and soon we wont even be up in melee for mana when the patch goes live. Int doesn't add to your mana pool anymore, so it's better to stack spirit. You want to reforge for spirit/mastery, we aren't the haste junkies we once were. Things are a little up in the air as far as the next patch goes, but since it looks like DP is getting a buff + it will stack with your spirit, not much is going to change as far as gemming/reforging. Execution sentence is pretty weak compared to the other two options...

It's going to feel slow, but a little gear makes a big difference, you will see. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins are incredibly boring to play right now, and I find it sad that most players rely on meter padding in order to remain competitive.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's not all that different... playstyle-wise at least imo. We don't judge for mana anymore, and soon we wont even be up in melee for mana when the patch goes live. Int doesn't add to your mana pool anymore, so it's better to stack spirit. You want to reforge for spirit/mastery, we aren't the haste junkies we once were. Things are a little up in the air as far as the next patch goes, but since it looks like DP is getting a buff + it will stack with your spirit, not much is going to change as far as gemming/reforging. Execution sentence is pretty weak compared to the other two options...

It's going to feel slow, but a little gear makes a big difference, you will see. ;)

Thanks much for your time and response Amalthea. I figured it may just have been me doing it wrong or just rusty reflexes. I just have not felt that definate rhythm holy had an expac ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]