Alani available in 5.4??

60 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi all, does anyone know if the Alani mount and the skyshards that are needed to get her will still be available in 5.4?? What with the changes being made to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, I'm not sure if the good farming spots will still be available for farming and if any of the knew mobs being added will drop them (which would be a great thing to add IMO). I really really hope this mount will still be able to be farmed cause I have only just started farming the skyshards on my main... Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, she is still flying around the damaged Vale on the PTR, and most of the little critters I farm on live for her shards are still there. Going to assume, and hope, that stays when 5.4 goes live.

Whether or not the new mobs in the Vale drop her shards, I can't say. I haven't been spending any time farming her shards on the PTR since, well, I already have her in my mount book. I have killed some of the new 'rare spawns' that show as the skulls on the minimap and so far none have dropped a shard. So, I can't say either way on those guys.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Alani will still be accessible in 5.4, yes.
Edited by Lore on 7/17/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you so much Lore. Im at 5 shards right now, and at this rate, I wouldn't have been able to get the 10 before 5.4.
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Paladin
I have 10 lvl 90 toons (across 2 realms) and have yet to get ONE skyshard... they seem to have nerfed the drop rate to nothing...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have 10 lvl 90 toons (across 2 realms) and have yet to get ONE skyshard... they seem to have nerfed the drop rate to nothing...

Sure seems like it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have 3 total and that's with 7 90's doing dailies. I gave up. When you only get 3 shards out of
5 million dailies (exaggeration I know) across 7 characters for several months you just give up

And yes I understand it's RNG. My generator is so random it's randomized itself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't give up. Keep farming em :( It took me almost 2 weeks of pure farming all day in the vale. 5-8 hours a day. This was a while back but you will feel great once you accomplish this goal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Took me about a month to get 5, then I got 3 in one day (back to back kills) and 2 more the following week. Keep at it. You never know when you can get lucky.
Edited by Dive on 7/17/2013 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

IT BETTER BE!!! I only have three shards and from what I know I can only get them from killing mobs or doing dailies for the Golden Lotus. All my alts are exaulted with that faction and even then it's not a 100% guarantee to get from doing all the dailies, all I get is a box with a handful of gold in it. Talk about DISCOURAGING!

Wonder why I go for weeks without playing? Because the RNG is evil.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i've farmed the mount 5 times now. forget the dailies. find a good spot to farm (best available spot will be different every day), kill rares, back to farm spot. always use a potion of luck and kill more stuff faster
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Been sitting at 9 shards for over a month.. oh the joy of RNG :>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

How about the goblin that sells Orbs of Mount Materials or whatever they're called?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Speaking of mounts, I heard a rumor about the Zandalari Warbringers going away in patch 5.4. Is that true or just speculation? I'm guessing that the "Thunder King troll invasion" event will be over but will that erase those mobs? I still have 2 more mounts to farm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Speaking of mounts, I heard a rumor about the Zandalari Warbringers going away in patch 5.4. Is that true or just speculation? I'm guessing that the "Thunder King troll invasion" event will be over but will that erase those mobs? I still have 2 more mounts to farm.

This is a good question. I hope the answer is they will be there forever!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I want elaboration on the Alani question. Since you are getting rid of the Golden Lotus dailies and the Treasures of the Vale that came with it that had a very high chance of dropping the skyshard, the effective drop rate of the shards will be reduced dramatically. Are there plans to increase the drop rate in 5.4 to make up for the lack of the daily treasure chest?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
6 90's. 1 shard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1 90, but 4 months of Golden lotus dailies (Yes, i still do dailies even after i get exalted...)

and not a single shard : /
Id rather camp a spot for a mount like TLPD than farm 10 RNG crystals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]