Titan Runestones

100 Worgen Warrior
Any advantage to trying to get these in a 10 man normal instead of 25 man lfr?

Are you competing against group members for these or is loot probability separate?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
They are still a RNG for your character only. Does not drop off the boss in loot table
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
They also have the same drop rate in all three current difficulties.

LFR=Normal=Heroic

Once you have looted a boss once on any difficulty you can't loot it again on another difficulty.

Example: My paladin got 2 stones from LFR her first week of collecting them. Even though she only got up to Megaera on normal she won't get any more from clearing the rest of the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've actually heard lfr has a higher drop rate but I doubt this is true
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid

Whoever said this is a fool.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Also, Onyxia deep breaths more often.
Edited by Argument on 7/15/2013 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
yea drop rates are still the same.

Altho i had extremely good luck and got some the first time i ran Normal mode on my dk, after running all lfrs and getting nothing there
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
So just to be clear, im not competing against anyone else for these? There aren't a certain amount that drop from a boss, each player has a chance to get one that is independent of everyone else?

Thanks to those that responded.
Reply Quote
99 Draenei Paladin
IMO they should've made it to where you can only get 1 off each boss but have multiple chances (with a slightly higher chance in heroic). To clarify if I do LFR and get 1 off lei shen and primordius I'm locked from getting a runestone from either one of those two but have an extra chance in normal mode for the other four bosses.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
IMO they should've made it to where you can only get 1 off each boss but have multiple chances (with a slightly higher chance in heroic). To clarify if I do LFR and get 1 off lei shen and primordius I'm locked from getting a runestone from either one of those two but have an extra chance in normal mode for the other four bosses.

Not a fan of that idea. People would then be crying about being "forced" to LFR to stay caught up in the quest.

What should have happened in my opinion is that the higher difficulties had a higher chance to drop runestones. Normal would have around 50% and Heroic 75%.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
They also have the same drop rate in all three current difficulties.

LFR=Normal=Heroic

Once you have looted a boss once on any difficulty you can't loot it again on another difficulty.

Example: My paladin got 2 stones from LFR her first week of collecting them. Even though she only got up to Megaera on normal she won't get any more from clearing the rest of the raid.

All anecdotal evidence points to a higher drop rate in LFR, actually.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
So just to be clear, im not competing against anyone else for these? There aren't a certain amount that drop from a boss, each player has a chance to get one that is independent of everyone else?

Thanks to those that responded.

each one has an individual chance. You are not competing with anyone to get them. Good luck! the drop chance is abyssmal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]