Open Libram LXXXVII: Mobile Suit Paladin

90 Blood Elf Paladin
True true, slipped my mind. Gonna pass out and ill force myself online tomorrow for some logs
90 Draenei Paladin
It feels weird missing a raid night.....

Computer goes into shop tomorrow hopefully and depending on what's wrong with it, or Light forbid if I have to shell out to replace it, I may vanish for awhile.

So if I do have fun Libram and don't like burn the place down or anything.

You are clearly mad over Internet discussion, you have my sympathy.

You clearly enjoy trolling people.

Make blanket statement that something is false. People refute that statement and provide examples you then make fun of them for "getting mad".

Make other blanket statements that something is true, people ask you for the same proof you demand of them, you go "lol I'm tired".

If you can't post without baiting and antagonizing people then please stop posting.
90 Draenei Paladin
07/21/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I may vanish for awhile

NOOOOOOoooooooooooo......

Hopefully it's not terminal and you're back soon!
90 Draenei Paladin
NOOOOOOoooooooooooo......

Hopefully it's not terminal and you're back soon!

:)

I hope so, I don't plan on being gone long even if I do have to buy a new PC, just hoping it doesn't come to that.

Hopefully I'll be back in time for this weeks ICC run, cause my DK needs new dress up material. :D
90 Dwarf Paladin
...And I now have eight 90s. >_>

Need sleep; final tomorrow. x_x
90 Blood Elf Paladin

NERDDDDDDDD!!!!!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRJPtKOiXiY

Funny how he thought I was upset in the slightest.
Edited by Euphoric on 7/22/2013 7:52 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
So we are not talking about Gundams anymore, huh? Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet?
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/22/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Maebyfunke

NERDDDDDDDD!!!!!

At least I'm not trying to gear more than one of them. :p
90 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Comic Con is over, at least a friend of mine was able to get me a galactus statue, plan on going next year though

Still torn though, they have plenty of nerdy stuff still yes, but other things ugh.
90 Human Paladin
Big events like Comic-Con should be about having fun and nerding out with your friends and fellow fans. No point thinking about those other things because the good stuff will make you forget it all.

Then why call it "comic-con' anymore? Why not "mass media' con or 'commercial' con?

Why should shows like "Glee" or "Breaking Bad" or romantic comedies be displayed at a place as such?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
But it's called Comic-con, not Generic-Nerd-Sellout-Trend-con.

Pugging scenario, starts as me and another ret and he goes "we need a healer."
Edited by Cayse on 7/22/2013 12:50 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Because being a nerd isn't limited to one form of entertainment. :P

Its not called "Nerd con" its called "Comic Con"

Why would you want to confine your favorite stories and heroes to one form of media when they can coexist in many forms! Read your comic, watch the movie, play the game, pass your judgments, revel and seethe with your fellow fans where ever they are. That's the fun of it. :P

Thats not what I'm arguing against at all lobster, I'm arguing against these media forms and properties that have nothing to do with the basis of comic con the, comic-scifi-fantasy-horror geek culture that comic con was founded for.

What does a bunch of teenagers singing popular songs in a highschool setting have to do with any of that, why is it even there?

But it's called Comic-con, not Generic-Nerd-Sellout-Trend-con.

It would be like having a my little pony booth at blizzcon, they have nothing to do with each other
Edited by Chaz on 7/22/2013 1:10 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
So we are not talking about Gundams anymore, huh? Anyone seen Pacific Rim yet?

We had some chatter about it earlier in this thread and toward the end of the last one, I think.

Personally I found it enjoyable to watch; it certainly was visually impressive, and good at setting up dramatic tension etc. There were elements I didn't like (if you're gonna have 90% of every fight be monster punching, why do you consistently portray monster punching as totally ineffective, unless you're just trying to make us think the pilots are idiots?), but then I'm never been into the genre as a whole, so there's probably lots of themes I missed.
07/22/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Chaz
Big events like Comic-Con should be about having fun and nerding out with your friends and fellow fans. No point thinking about those other things because the good stuff will make you forget it all.

Then why call it "comic-con' anymore? Why not "mass media' con or 'commercial' con?

Why should shows like "Glee" or "Breaking Bad" or romantic comedies be displayed at a place as such?

SDCC does still have vastly more focus on comics than most popular media.

It's old, huge, and pretty mainstream by now, and this is a good thing. A couple times recently, I've met people IRL who eventually declared in surprise, "oh, you're a nerd!" As if this were a bad thing. My reaction has been to 1) laugh in their face, and then 2) point out that "Avengers was the top-grossing movie of all time; I hate to tell you this, but nerd is very in right now."
I mean, we wouldn't be in a golden age of high-budget comic book blockbusters if they weren't more mainstream than ever.

The con probably isn't going to get renamed, because history, but that doesn't mean it can't grow to encompass new things.
90 Human Paladin
(Would Glee suddenly be "con-appropriate" if it were a comic book instead of a TV show? Comics =/= superheroes or manga or etc, as discussed in e.g. Scott McCloud's superb book, "Understanding Comics".)
90 Human Paladin
07/22/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Lobster
You mean all those shows and movies and books and games don't belong in the scifi-fantasty-horror-geek culture just because they're not confined to paper?

You're still missing the point Lobster, I'm not against those that are included in the genre regardless of the medium, I would even go so far to say that Twilight (Although I hate that series) is acceptible because it very loosely falls under the "horror" genre in its movie or book form.

Seems you're all missing this point, I'm fine with properties regarless of the medium they're represented in being at "Comic Con" if they're the fantasty/scifi/horror/comic/cartoon/video games genre which the con was created for; the ones that irritate me are the ones that dont fall under the genre

I would rather see 10 My Little Pony panels (animation and comic book and toys) than 1 Glee panel. Glee has no business being at this con, as do a lot of other properties. Those are the ones that irritate me.

(Would Glee suddenly be "con-appropriate" if it were a comic book instead of a TV show? Comics =/= superheroes or manga or etc, as discussed in e.g. Scott McCloud's superb book, "Understanding Comics".)

Semantics, not that it would work as a comic book either. Its not in the genre
Edited by Chaz on 7/22/2013 1:35 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]