Open Libram LXXXVII: Mobile Suit Paladin

90 Blood Elf Paladin
After a handful of decent attempts, Durumu is no more. Now to flail at Primordius for a bit before we decide to 3-heal it.

Edit: oh look, third pull ever and he's dead.

Woo! Grats!
90 Human Paladin
Another week of 1 runestone, ugh
90 Human Paladin
Pacific Rim.

Peerless. Nothing else need be said.

Got a poster. Aw yuss.

also this is a better theme song for the thread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8zUqP8yu4
90 Tauren Paladin
So we replaced our priest tonight.....

2 shot Heroic Magaera

World of a difference. Kinda sad really.

We did 3 pulls on Durumu, but were having more problems with the debuff than anything, need to look up a better way to manage it. Ice Walls and everything is melting, I'm sure he'll die tomorrow, sub 20%

It's so nice to resume progression!

HAPPINESS!

After a handful of decent attempts, Durumu is no more. Now to flail at Primordius for a bit before we decide to 3-heal it.

Gratz!

You'll see the same thing with Twins after you get rid of Animus and Qon =p
90 Draenei Paladin
Heroic Jin'rokh down, people finally stopped taking balIs to the face. I coined gold of course while our Enhance Shaman got a heroic trinket and some heroic pants. :(

Did a few pulls on Heroic Ji-Kun, Quills hurt. Got him to 60% after three pulls so maybe it won't be so bad.

Double grats!

Yeah Gollum knock off is probably the easiest boss in the place, if you have the DPS for it you can just plant him in the middle and treat him like a patch work.

Kinda sad as his mechanics are fun.

Animus is very easy once you get the positioning down IMO, Qon is the next bump in the road and after that the Twins will go down easily.

Good luck.

also this is a better theme song for the thread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8zUqP8yu4

By the Light the nostalgia is blinding. I haven't watched that video in years.

Classic.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/16/2013 11:17 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/16/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Animus is very easy once you get the positioning down IMO, Qon is the next bump in the road and after that the Twins will go down easily.

We spent 15min wiping to Animus trash before calling it a (successful) night.

Edit: got mah cloak! Melee DPS challenge was kind of trivial, wonder if I could've done the tank or heal one.
Edited by Elidra on 7/16/2013 11:54 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
For the first few weeks, we were all idiots and tried to pull them to separate sides of the rooms and have an interrupt rotation and do all sorts of wacky things.

Stack them all up, and interrupt all of the adds that do not have glowy hands. We mark 3, Solar Beam, AoE Stun, and then use interrupts from there.
If you do this, you'll never get hit by the Long range cast, which reduces raid damage a ton even if a few missed interrupts go out.

but yea... the trash is harder than the boss =p
90 Dwarf Paladin
but yea... the trash is harder than the boss =p

Bit of a running gag in ToT, if you ask me. :p
90 Tauren Paladin
lol, the tuning is definitely questionable on normal.

It gets better though

Dark Animus trash is generally hard because people don't do it properly, once you figure it out it's really easy.
90 Dwarf Paladin
07/17/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Carbuncle
lol, the tuning is definitely questionable on normal.

What normal? People are still failing to snails and bridges and lightning shields in LFR!
90 Tauren Paladin
xD

That's true, but Gary is a beast

We just skip the trash every week though, so who knows. When we had a priest he would life grip people through the snails killing them.

Sometimes I like doing LFR, but most the time I hate it =/
90 Tauren Paladin
It's awesome that armory tracks # of Gastropod deaths.

LFR has taught me how to do everything wrong, at least as Prot. Anima orbs? You bet i'm going to soak all 12, Although there are some very funny moments to be had in LFR, if you can look past all the bad attitudes. People literally rage in there for 0 reason, it's ridiculous =/

I am really excited about Flex Raiding though, hope it pans out well. Have some friends on my old server who just can't wait for it.
Not sure how excited I am about possibly running 3 raids a week on one character though.

Toodles, off to the sack.
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's best to let tanks/healers do the job they signed up for but if they can't, I will.

Agreed. Always pisses me off how damned lazy the tanks in LFR are to not put Jin closer to the puddle for the sake of the melee.
90 Orc Warrior
Agreed. Always pisses me off how damned lazy the tanks in LFR are to not put Jin closer to the puddle for the sake of the melee.

theres always that warlock or mage hanging out in the middle of nowhere because he doesn't know to stand IN the puddle.

i'm convinced that half the tanks in lfr doesn't actually understand that the puddles do anything.
90 Dwarf Paladin
i'm convinced that half the tanks in lfr doesn't actually understand that the puddles do anything.

I'm convinced very few people understand what the puddle does judging by the amount of people that pop CDs on pull instead of waiting for the puddle. Hell, I still see some of it on reg - which is frightening.
90 Orc Warrior
I'm convinced very few people understand what the puddle does judging by the amount of people that pop CDs on pull instead of waiting for the puddle. Hell, I still see some of it on reg - which is frightening.

a little while ago had some mage yell at me in lfr for skull bannering when i i got in the puddle with my own cds, instead on the pull when he blew his.

or on iron qon, a rogue barely doing 70k !@#$%ing that someone had lusted on the pull instead of at some other arbitrary point when he had cds up, if he had had lust he assured us, his dps would have raped.

really people?

i'm not even sure why i still do lfr, its some kind of masochistic drive to see how stupid people can be.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Mage was definitely out of his mind, and I dunno what the Rogue was smoking if he didn't pop CDs during Hero - I mean, sure, I do think it's better for a Rogue to hold CDs until Rupture and Slice are both up so you can Eviscerate/Envenom to your heart's content (at least from what I have seen, without checking a guide for CD usage), but that doesn't take more than the duration of Hero to accomplish.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Only reason to do LFR is for gearing alts or killing Lei Shen for a damn rune stone.

Is Primordius trinket better than Spark?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]