Priest Hymn Glyph Request:

90 Blood Elf Priest
I noticed blizzard is introducing a lot of new minor glyphs and adding/redesigning some major glyphs and so I wanted to suggest a glyph that I’m sure a lot of Priests would like….

[Insert Hymn glyph name] – Allows you to channel Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope while moving.

Why? I can’t tell you how many times as Holy when it was my turn to use my raid cooldown that I either had some ground debuff placed on me which I would have to move out of or a debuff placed on me which would force me to run out of a stacked group - breaking my hymn channel.

Other healer’s raid cooldowns are normally set-them and forget them kind of spells. The only other healer who probably shares this plight are Resto Druids and so I’m sure they’d also like to see an equivalent glyph.

Same thing applies to Hymn of Hope. Now that it will specifically target healers next patch, the spell is more important than ever when healers really need that extra mana.

In the end, I’m sure this could also be one small step to make Holy a little more appealing when compared to Disc.

Thoughts?
Edited by Senari on 7/17/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
94 Human Priest
Druids can symbiosis a shaman and get spiritwalker's grace, although it costs them a potential personal defensive cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
It will never happen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I kind of like having to choose where to plant and use Divine Hymn. Same with Hymn of Hope.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I kind of like having to choose where to plant and use Divine Hymn. Same with Hymn of Hope.

That's all fine and dandy but one bad Horridon charge/Living Poison, Council Reckless Charge, Biting Cold, Tortos Rockfall, Megaera's Cinders or Torrent of Ice, Durmu's Lingering Gaze or Force of Will etc... and your raid cooldown is ruined. Most other raid cooldowns don't really face the same issue except Tranq.

Not to mention it would take up a Major Glyph slot so foolishly don't take the glyph and choose your plant spot only to have it ruined away as much as you like :)
Edited by Senari on 7/17/2013 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Those are all on timers. If you know the fights, you can easily work around them. Additionally, you shouldn't need to use Divine Hymn during Cinders or Torrent of Ice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Those are all on timers. If you know the fights, you can easily work around them. Additionally, you shouldn't need to use Divine Hymn during Cinders or Torrent of Ice.

I was just giving examples. And also not every moment can be worked around timers and perfectly synced. There will be times where that cooldown will be required or necessary, or it's your turn to use your cooldown, and you are unfortunately the target of an RNG effect that needs to be moved out of the group or stepped out of momentarily.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why not respect discipline?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Hymn of Hope should easy be a 'cast it and forget it' or cast on the move imo. Shamans don't have to personally channel their mana totem, druids don't have to channel innervate, paladins don't channel divine plea, etc. I realize we also have the fiends but it just feels outdated. But Divine Hymn, moving would seem a little op.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Allows you to channel Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope while moving.

I assume you're aware you're proposing a mandatory glyph when you suggest that.

I'd be ok with redesigning hymn of hope to be castable on the move but say restore less mana... but certainly not divine hymn.
Edited by Tsilyi on 7/17/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
"Popping Hymn of Hope!"

*turtles fly at me, rocks fall on me, etc.*

"Never mind healers, you're on your own.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Because Holy rocks. Hush, Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Pfff, who respects discipline priests? They don't get any respect.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/17/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Tsilyi
Allows you to channel Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope while moving.

I assume you're aware you're proposing a mandatory glyph when you suggest that.

I'd be ok with redesigning hymn of hope to be castable on the move but say restore less mana... but certainly not divine hymn.

It'd only be "mandatory" on fights where the RNG crap is too unpredictable. Besides, it's not like Holy has any good major glyphs atm except for Lightspring which they're thank fully making baseline.

"Popping Hymn of Hope!"

*turtles fly at me, rocks fall on me, etc.*

"Never mind healers, you're on your own.

Exactly what I'm talking about and the exact fight that inspired me to make this thread lol.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/17/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Senari
It'd only be "mandatory" on fights where the RNG crap is too unpredictable. Besides, it's not like Holy has any good major glyphs atm except for Lightspring which they're thank fully making baseline.

No, it'll be mandatory if they made a glyph like that. There are literally no downsides.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/17/2013 07:39 PMPosted by Tiriel

No, it'll be mandatory if they made a glyph like that. There are literally no downsides.

Then add a 50% snare on you or something. Blizzard could be creative on putting a downside on it - at least you'd be able to step out of RNG ground effects
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
07/17/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Senari

Then add a 50% snare on you or something. Blizzard could be creative on putting a downside on it - at least you'd be able to step out of RNG ground effects

A 50% snare won't really matter if you can keep channeling DH. Do you have any idea how powerful that spell is? And if they do add the snare, and you DO actually have to keep moving, you'll likely keel over anyway, so the glyph would be kind of pointless.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

A 50% snare won't really matter if you can keep channeling DH. Do you have any idea how powerful that spell is? And if they do add the snare, and you DO actually have to keep moving, you'll likely keel over anyway, so the glyph would be kind of pointless.

So..... don't add the snare because DH is so powerful that you shouldn't be allowed to move yet adding a snare would kill you in something when you need to move so snare = bad? lol Those are quite the opposite extremes you have going there...The snare is part of the risk, it allows you to step out of RNG crap on the ground. If you desperately needed to move out of anything you could cancel the channel and run like normal wasting the spell...like normal..

And the snare was only a suggestion for a "downside" on the glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So..... don't add the snare because DH is so powerful that you shouldn't be allowed to move yet adding a snare would kill you in something when you need to move so snare = bad? lol Those are quite the opposite extremes you have going there...The snare is part of the risk, it allows you to step out of RNG crap on the ground. If you desperately needed to move out of anything you could cancel the channel and run like normal wasting the spell...like normal..

Quite honestly, if you can't find a point at which you can channel Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope properly during an encounter, it's your own damn fault. You need to play better.

Tortos is the only exception, because damn turtles. But we are not the only class who suffers from that.

Edited to Add: And before you go there, no, I'm no better than anyone else. I have stood in the thing that would kill me because I WANTED DIVINE HYMN TO GET ALL THE HEALS. I have hit Hymn of Hope at the wrong time on Consorts and been kicked across the room. I have hit both Divine Hymn AND Hymn of Hope on H Council only to have Kazra decide that my faces was the cutest, and thus he must come eat it.

But here's the problem - those were MY choices. They were BAD choices. Had I been paying attention and playing to 100% of my ability, those choices wouldn't have happened. I messed up, and that is part of the give and take of both of those abilities.

Remember that Druids sacrifice having an immunity or another useful ability when they take Spiritwalker's Grace from a Shaman. They give something up to get something. I really don't want HoH OR Divine Hymn nerfed to compensate for how completely, stupidly OP it would be if this glyph went live.
Edited by Tiriel on 7/17/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Quite honestly, if you can't find a point at which you can channel Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope properly during an encounter, it's your own damn fault. You need to play better.

Tortos is the only exception, because damn turtles. But we are not the only class who suffers from that.

Edited to Add: And before you go there, no, I'm no better than anyone else. I have stood in the thing that would kill me because I WANTED DIVINE HYMN TO GET ALL THE HEALS. I have hit Hymn of Hope at the wrong time on Consorts and been kicked across the room. I have hit both Divine Hymn AND Hymn of Hope on H Council only to have Kazra decide that my faces was the cutest, and thus he must come eat it.

But here's the problem - those were MY choices. They were BAD choices. Had I been paying attention and playing to 100% of my ability, those choices wouldn't have happened. I messed up, and that is part of the give and take of both of those abilities.

Remember that Druids sacrifice having an immunity or another useful ability when they take Spiritwalker's Grace from a Shaman. They give something up to get something. I really don't want HoH OR Divine Hymn nerfed to compensate for how completely, stupidly OP it would be if this glyph went live.

Technically we are in terms of Raid Cooldown (Resto druids also suffer but can at least use SGrace if they want)

Disc Priests throw their Barrier on the stack point.
Pallies raid cd radiates around them, allowing them to move and give the damage reduction unlike Disc.
Shamans place their SLT and soon to be HTT on the stack point.
MW monks don't have to worry about it because their raid cd is instant cast.

What exactly would be the problem of allowing a Holy Priest's main and only raid cd of actually doing it's job....just like every other raid cooldown...At least the only thing that can go wrong with the above cds is you place them in the wrong spot or the stack point needs to immediately move out of the way - which hasn't really been a problem this raid tier.

These are the kind of topics where it seems you're arguing just for the sake of arguing but that's just my opinion :)
Edited by Senari on 7/17/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]