Anyone have any luck Vs DKs?

90 Human Paladin
I'm not- Between spell Stealing (Hur hur, I took your bubble. Freedom? LOL J/k)
Deathgrip
Obliterate
Conversion
Can't be slowed
Can't be stunned
Stupid minion
Slow casting/GC

What am I not doing right to counter this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wait till they burn AMS, dispel their diseases with Cleanse, then stun them and pop burst cds=Dead dk.
Reply Quote
Sometimes Unholy gives me problems, but I rarely fight them when they don't have a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He was unholy in blood pres- and Frost in Blood pres.

Yeah, I'm going to put this down as un-winable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sometimes Unholy gives me problems, but I rarely fight them when they don't have a healer.
Fear gargoyle, otherwise fear transformed pet, and fear him during lichborne. Kite with BoG, and dispel diseases and snares while WoGing and FoLing.

Lower rated dk's also fall for stun feigns by popping guardian and trinket, wasting IBF, I've noticed.

Well that's what I do at least and it works lol.
Edited by Verelina on 7/18/2013 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah - you're not kiting a DK. I don't know why people think that's possible.
Reply Quote
I think Ret has an easier time with DKs than most other classes, 2nd maybe only to Ferals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah - you're not kiting a DK. I don't know why people think that's possible.
Freedom, Emancipate, all while keeping them slowed with Burden of Guilt.
Edited by Verelina on 7/19/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think Ret has an easier time with DKs than most other classes, 2nd maybe only to Ferals.

No, I can beat ferals - DK's sitting in blood presence cutting my DPS to less than half, negating my heals and healing back up to full while not doing a damn thing - I have a problem with.

And for the last time - Burden doesn't work, DK's can't be slowed, can spell steal freedom and have Deathgrip.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spellsteal eh..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So when they put dark sim on you, don't give them freedom... give them something useless.
I hate coming against a ret pal on my frost Dk... specifically if they have their CD's to burn, and know not to use them during my defensive CDs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
07/19/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Amuroraye

No, I can beat ferals - DK's sitting in blood presence cutting my DPS to less than half, negating my heals and healing back up to full while not doing a damn thing - I have a problem with.

And for the last time - Burden doesn't work, DK's can't be slowed, can spell steal freedom and have Deathgrip.

Dks can be slowed just like any other class, the only time they can't is when they spec Death's advance which essentially reduces the effectiveness of snares passively and gives them a poor mans freedom on a 30 second cd, you will rarely see this in pvp due to the superiority of other talents in the same tier. Also If you see Death Knights stealing your freedom consistently that means you have a very predictable play style.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DKs are killable without Burden. Kite them normally, dispel diseases when you have the slow on you (remember, your dispel has a cooldown) and Emancipate slows during the cooldown. When you can't rid yourself of slows fast enough, CC them, though watch out for AMS. Long Arm of the Law should keep you ahead of them. While all this is going on, remember that you'll be building Selfless Healer stacks to heal yourself with.

If too much damage is happening, kite to pillars to get off casted heals. I've had times when I would switch to Seal of Justice to slow, then Long Arm behind a pillar to get some casted heals off.

Anyway... as usual, if they pop their defenses and trinket, and you have FoJ up, pop wings and finish them in melee range.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/19/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Amuroraye

DKs can't be slowed? Mobility is like their biggest weakness. Also as people have said before, Dark Simulacrum has such a unique icon, you should be able to notice it and cast something useless to them. Also why are you trying to stun them during AMS or IBF?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So when they put dark sim on you, don't give them freedom... give them something useless.
I like giving them Cleanse.

Do you know if Salv would work though? I never tried it.
Edited by Verelina on 7/20/2013 2:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone have experience/advice dealing with rogues? I mean op rogues. Last night I came up against one, a sub rogue I think, and it was over before I knew it damn near lol. He chewed me up so fast I almost laughed.

I'm not an expert PvPer by any means but I do have some PvP experience on this toon and my former main (a combat rogue). Modest though my PvP skill and experience are I can usually hold my own against any class. I don't win em all that's for sure, but I don't get demolished like I did last night vs this rogue.

It went something like this- He came out of stealth (obviously) CSed me. I trinketed out of it (every man was on cooldown). He was dancing around me hitting me with whatever he had, I guess hemo. I got off an exorcism, hit him with FoJ he trinketed out of that Then I got him with a CS and judgement saw that my health was going fast popped my offensive CD maybe got his health down to 75% and that was it.

As far as gear goes, I was in mostly 458 but a few 480 and 490 pieces. The rogue must have been in full HP if not Conquest gear. I know keyboard turning is a disadvantage That's what I do. I got to get a gaming mouse at some point. I know exp counts a lot He obviously had more than me.
Another weakness on my part- I semi-panicked when I realized how good he was and how fast he was chopping me down.
My bubble was on cooldown too but that probably have just delayed the inevitable.

Anyway to go back to my question, what advice do you all have in dealing with this kind of rogue?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not- Between spell Stealing (Hur hur, I took your bubble. Freedom? LOL J/k)
Deathgrip
Obliterate
Conversion
Can't be slowed
Can't be stunned
Stupid minion
Slow casting/GC

What am I not doing right to counter this?

Don't stun them when they use Icebound fortitude, wait until their defensive cd's are popped then burst. That's usually all there is to it. And when they lichborn to heal use turn evil and it will stun them, you heal up and they can't heal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Only time I lose to dks, is when I get cocky and take a hit for over half my HP that I should not have taken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DKs lose out on a lot of damage when just sitting in Blood Presence all the time. You need to work on proper CC with w/e partner you have to just stop all annoyances and get a clean kill.

As some mentioned when you see the Dark Simulacrum pop - Don't give them a useful spell
Don't try to stun them when they have Icebound Fort up

As a pally you can kite a DK quite easily if things go sour, spam judgments + Freedom/Emancipate.

As a Pally I find that a good opener is key to winning unless I have all defensive CDs up. A good DK that got a perfect opener on a good Pally is gonna give them a hard time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is just 1vs1 - no partner. He is by FAR, the hardest person I have EVER dueled in the entire game. I've tried every suggestion here, and only managed to beat him once on pure luck, our fights usually end with him at 50-90% health.

Anything I can do to record our fights, I want you to see it for yourself.

I can't slow him - he has a talent for that. I can't stun him, he knows the proper timing to use his shield (or has trinket up) I can't out run him - he'll steal freedom grip me back. The pressure he puts on is unbelievable, it puts me on the defense within X seconds of the fight. I can't get close, I can't run - I really don't know what to do.

You need to see it for yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]